Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Mar 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,592 of 3,594
Quote:
For those that have owed these for awhile and liked the comfort initially, do you still feel that way?  Especially for extended listening sessions, say 3-4 hours?

I still find them extremely comfortable. They don't heat up my ears and I never get bothered by headband pressure (often the first thing that starts to bother me after a few hours). 

My ears are quite small though..

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #1,593 of 3,594
Quote:
For those that have owed these for awhile and liked the comfort initially, do you still feel that way?  Especially for extended listening sessions, say 3-4 hours?

They can get uncomfortable depending on how they sit on your ears. It seems to be a bit hit or miss, I need to position them just right. If not, the interior material does chafe, and my ears get sore if they press against the speaker itself. 

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #1,594 of 3,594
If I wear them circumaural, ears get uncomfortable after 30mins-1 hour. If I wear them supra-aural, it's great for several hours. However, bass becomes a bit boomy and overemphasized when worn supra-aural for me due to the better seal.

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #1,596 of 3,594
Mar 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #1,597 of 3,594
Mar 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #1,598 of 3,594
Why is the K550 universally better than the Momentums?

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #1,601 of 3,594
One thing to note about the momentums is that their headband is made of very sturdy stainless steel and can withstand a lot of bending to adjust clamp pressure.  Reduce the pressure and the soundstage becomes more airy and mid bass bloat is significantly reduced. Of course comfort increases as well.  Want more bass impact, increase clamp pressure. Don't be afraid to experiment. And I still think that the standard cable without controls sounds better as well, bringing the mids more forward.

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,602 of 3,594
Quote:
Do your ears hit the back of the headphones? I went to Best buy today and tried them on, they do fit over my ears. Also my ears are about your size and I had problems with the Phiaton MS400 pressing on them and hurting after a while.

Well they touch just a bit my earlobe (like 2 mm), but the material is soft enough so it doesn't cause me any disconfort, let alone pain. The back of my ears (helix) never gets tired of wearing them.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #1,604 of 3,594
Quote:
Why is the K550 universally better than the Momentums?

I'm not saying it is. What I am saying is the Momentum is highly colored with very accentuated lows and audiophiles generally favor neutral sounding headphones. I don't think anyone would say the Momentum is neutral, but people would say that about the K550, comparatively.

Still, no matter what the case is, what is ultimately better is what sounds better to you. 
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back