Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jan 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #1,293 of 3,594
Quote:
Momentums. But I'm biased.
smily_headphones1.gif

I use mine in the office too. Only complaint, like has said before, the carrying case is pretty big.

Thanks.

I was set on the P5s until I found this thread this morning lol... It's a tough call... 

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #1,295 of 3,594
So I ended up getting the Momentums. Went to the Apple store and they had momentems on display but not the P5's. So I got to actually try the Momentums and liked them, and although I would of liked to try the P5's too, their mixed reviews combined with the strong reviews on the Momentums kind of sealed the deal.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #1,296 of 3,594
So I ended up getting the Momentums. Went to the Apple store and they had momentems on display but not the P5's. So I got to actually try the Momentums and liked them, and although I would of liked to try the P5's too, their mixed reviews combined with the strong reviews on the Momentums kind of sealed the deal.

Enjoy the music! I think you will really like them.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #1,298 of 3,594
Quote:
Already liking them!

When I went into the apple store a girl came up and asked if I needed help. I told her I was trying to decide between the P5's and the Momentums, she proceeded to try to sell me some Bose headphones...

Derp... Everyone knows Bose are awesome. Only thing better are those Beats by Dre.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #1,300 of 3,594
While I think the Momentums share some sound signature traits, I consider the Momentum to be the better sounding headphone overall. The P5 has some advantages over the Momentum mostly regarding portability though (the cups rotate to flat and are much smaller, the case is smaller, the microphone housing is much smaller etc.).

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #1,301 of 3,594
Quote:
While I think the Momentums share some sound signature traits, I consider the Momentum to be the better sounding headphone overall. The P5 has some advantages over the Momentum mostly regarding portability though (the cups rotate to flat and are much smaller, the case is smaller, the microphone housing is much smaller etc.).

Yeah that's what swayed my decision to the momentums in the end. The general consensus from the reviews I'd read was that the momentum have better sound (than the P5), and while the P5 offer benefits in terms of portability, I will be carrying them in a backpack so it's kind of a non-issue for me. I wore them for a couple of hours this afternoon and I'm quite impressed.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #1,303 of 3,594
Quote:

Congratulations! The P5 does not compare sound wise to the Momentum unfortunately, so you chose wisely :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #1,304 of 3,594
Leaving the Momentum club. Since receiving my new JH16s, I never pick them up.

Jan 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #1,305 of 3,594
Quote:
Leaving the Momentum club. Since receiving my new JH16s, I never pick them up.

Isn't that kinda like saying you're leaving the Mercedes club, and joining the Lambourghini club?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back