Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Jan 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #1,190 of 3,594
Quote:

It's funny because I think the brown version of the MDR-1R isn't as appealing as the Red/Black, but I prefer the brown Momentum.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #1,192 of 3,594
Yuck, just looks like a cheapo beats black/red cable combo in those colours...

(edit) Though I agree with people above that the brown case colour is hideous!

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,193 of 3,594
Yuck, just looks like a cheapo beats black/red cable combo in those colours...

(edit) Though I agree with people above that the brown case colour is hideous!
Never really thought the case looked "hideous". It matches with the Momentum's color scheme pretty well. The only gripe I've had with it is its huge size. It keeps my cat away from chewing on the chords, though. So it's all good :)

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,195 of 3,594
Quote:
Wow, you guys are judgmental.
biggrin.gif
I like 'em both and am willing to bet that the black Momentum is much nicer in the flesh than in that pic.

Was just thinking that (your last statement)

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #1,197 of 3,594
I think the red stitching and cable are a bit much.  I think it would be nice just to have the inside of the cups red.  Would give them a sense of flash without overdoing it.  I kind of feel like Beats owns the red cable.  Using that seams like a cheap ploy.  One that a brand like Sennheiser shouldn't need to use.  

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,199 of 3,594
Now bearing in mind that I've seen folk complaining that Sennheiser and other high end headphone manufacturers haven't kept up with the times and made stuff that appeals to the fashion conscious crowd...i.e. something that will appeal to more folk AND sound good -  when they come up with something a bit different, folk start calling it a cheap ploy...seems they can't win...
biggrin.gif

Personally I prefer the Brown, my wife likes the black momentum's and has said that she'd like a pair, as she likes the sound from them, but doesn't like the colour.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,200 of 3,594
I just tried Momentum at an audio shop. I can only get full sound with my hands pressing the ear cups  against my ears. Once I get a full sound, it sounds fantastic with the balance I like a lot. What a pity. I just can't get full sound without my hands on the ear cups. Make sure you try them before purchasing if you have a big head like I do. Why Sennheiser made the headphones so small anyway~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back