Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Dec 7, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #916 of 3,594
@adhoc
What u saying is exactly the same with my jaben friend. The sound of this is like small hd650 with excellent bass.I wonder how is the sound compared to amperior. I am planing to get one either this or amperior. To me amperior is more appealing in design wise especially in blue colour. If sound different not much..i might get the amperior :)

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #920 of 3,594
Quote:
I think is a good idea. I guess i drop by first to jaben for audition before i buy
smily_headphones1.gif
sadly i live in a town with no headphone shop
frown.gif

i read that the momentum is dark sounding while the amperior is brighter

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #921 of 3,594
The brightness of the amperiors can be harsh and fatiguing at times.
The balance of the momentums is perfect to me.
Slightly more punch with the amperiors, but overall the momentums are a more pleasing sound.
The momentums are slight to moderately dark, while maintaining detail.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #922 of 3,594
Thanks guys for your info. I guess now i believe amperior will not far different from my previous hd25 ii. The reason i sold my hd25 is because somehow the treble is too peaky for me. For some genres is okay. But for female vocal i dont like it. Is too warm for my taste. I am leaning towards momentum now :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #924 of 3,594
female vocals on the momentum is kind of amazing. Neko Case, Live from Austin Texas has been a repeated, daily listen for me at work with these headphones. Very rich, very detailed and very smooth. Really something special.

Dec 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #925 of 3,594
I'm thinking about to get a portable amp for upcoming m-100 and Momentum with IPC.
Considering that the impedence of momentum is too low, is it possible that a regular amp will over-boost Momentum?
I'm thinking about to get a C421...
Any suggestions?

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #926 of 3,594
I dont think is gonna oveboost the momentum. I do not have the momentum or amperior. But from what i heard their low impedance is not low as it seems. Same like t5p which has 32ohm but is not maximal when used direct to ipod unless plug into amps. I think is going to be perfect macth with amps like pico slim or headstage arrow.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #928 of 3,594
Quote:
bought mine at jbhifi for 319 =)
if your in australia today is the last day for the sale =) better hurry

I did this too! Awesome price for Australia...

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #929 of 3,594
Quote:
I'm thinking about to get a portable amp for upcoming m-100 and Momentum with IPC.
Considering that the impedence of momentum is too low, is it possible that a regular amp will over-boost Momentum?
I'm thinking about to get a C421...
Any suggestions?

The Momentums aren't so sensitive - to reach 'moderately high' volumes on my ipod classic, I need to turn up the volume to just over 3/4. So I'm glad to be using an amp with mine.

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #930 of 3,594
The Momentums aren't so sensitive - to reach 'moderately high' volumes on my ipod classic, I need to turn up the volume to just over 3/4. So I'm glad to be using an amp with mine.

Thanks a lot.
I think I'm gonna to get a E11 for portable use and a O2 for home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back