Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Oct 19, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #451 of 3,594
On the official Sennheiser Germany page I do not find any (color-) variants... There is also only one part number to be found. So I'd guess its either different lighting or retouched... The image by GREQ looks realistic as well, so faking a black version might not be too complicated.
I guess you'll receive the Momentum im brown... and it does look really nice. Only headphone in my small collection that makes me think about what shirt/shoes might fit it if I decide to take it out :wink:

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #452 of 3,594
Quote:
On the official Sennheiser Germany page I do not find any (color-) variants... There is also only one part number to be found. So I'd guess its either different lighting or retouched... The image by GREQ looks realistic as well, so faking a black version might not be too complicated.
I guess you'll receive the Momentum im brown... and it does look really nice. Only headphone in my small collection that makes me think about what shirt/shoes might fit it if I decide to take it out :wink:

I really hope so. I don't like the black ones (if they do exist). And I laughed so hard on the shirt/shoe thing
biggrin.gif

Fingers crossed for brown. They should arrive Monday, so I'll give you guys an update on the color when I get a look at them.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #453 of 3,594
Quote:
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94|0000246c4|617e_orh400w600_sennheiser-momentum-1.jpg
Just wanted for you guys to see, cause I'm starting to think I'm color blind
biggrin.gif

The last link to a 'black momentum' is actually a Black and White image - I've pushed and pulled it to it's limits in photoshop, and there is no colour in the image. 
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #456 of 3,594
Brown looks so much better. We have enough black headphones.
Quote:

This isn't a real photo - I just thought I'd make a black version as I couldn't see black being anything special in my mind. Yet now that I see it, I still prefer brown. It just has more character and class. Black looks too generic and industrial. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #457 of 3,594
Quote:
Thats the thing. I dont like black too much. If you search google images for black sennheiser momentum you get a few pictures of black ones that arent very complete pictures, so you cant see the entire headphones, but they are clearly black. Also if you search youtube for sennheiser momentum, you can see thwir official commercials where they are brown, but in some ohter videos, like short review of them, they arent as brow, and have some much darker parts, maybe even black.Ill be a bit dissapointed if i get the black ones, if they even truly exist.
And thanks for yoye effort in making the black version.
EDIT:
1.For example, this is the official ad, and you can clearly see the nice brown color.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnjjS2Dv_Q
2.This video shows the momentum, but it seems the headband is black/very dark brown, and the ear cups also appear to be darker (it might just be the lighting).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGU1bbrOL4k
3.Black ones here. You can clearly see BLACK on 3:14 of this video. If this isn't black, then its an ultra dark brown color.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnD64_PB_x8
Here's a photo of a black pair:
http://static.trustedreviews.com/94|0000246c4|617e_orh400w600_sennheiser-momentum-1.jpg
Just wanted for you guys to see, cause I'm starting to think I'm color blind
biggrin.gif

The brown that they use tends to look almost black when it's new and in the right lighting conditions.  There is not currently a black model.  Personally though, I would prefer black.  

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #461 of 3,594
Quote:
Hey guys! My first post here.
tongue.gif

I am all new to this, and I am kind of a noob when it comes to headphones. All I know is that I looooove my music
smily_headphones1.gif
I had a question but it will be simple and I dont need a super long answer
wink.gif

I want to get some good cans cause my sister broke my skullcandy sk pro's (yea I know, but be at ease, I got them as a gift). So, I was looking for a long time through the internet and the 2 cans i liked were the Senn Hd 598 and the Momentun. I realised they are different sounding cans, and that the prices aren't exactly the same either
rolleyes.gif
I was planing to use these cans for lots of stuff: being on my laptop, listening from my phone, watching movies, taking a walk and so on. I know there are other choices of headphones, but i have to admit that I dont only like these because of their good sound reviews, but also cause they look pretty (BAD me, BAD me!)
biggrin.gif
i like to listen to everything from metal, hard rock, electro, hip hop to acid jazz, funk, disco, lounge, reggea, orchestra....so thats why I've been having some issues choosing the rigth cans
tongue.gif
Although - i tend to like a bit faster songs
Well, if you could give me your opinion on these 2, give me some pros and cons or something, or even recomend me some other cans, I'd be greatul. Thx in advance

DO NOT BUY HEADPHONES THAT NEED AN AMP. Unless you are planning on buying an amp that is. I was given a pair of HD600 and was very excited. When I tried them out I thought they were damaged because they sounded dull and kind grainy. I started reading and I fond out they needed to be amped. I now own a pair of Sennhieser HD 25-1 ii. They are good but they lack that seperation and soundstage bigger headphones have. I did get a chance to hear the amperiors and they were amazing, I highly recomend you visit and apple store if you can and try them. I hear great things about HiFiman so the HE-300 are probably a good pair to own. I personally purchased the Fiio e17. I'm looking at either the Denon d600 or the HE-400

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #462 of 3,594
DO NOT BUY HEADPHONES THAT NEED AN AMP. Unless you are planning on buying an amp that is. I was given a pair of HD600 and was very excited. When I tried them out I thought they were damaged because they sounded dull and kind grainy. I started reading and I fond out they needed to be amped. I now own a pair of Sennhieser HD 25-1 ii. They are good but they lack that seperation and soundstage bigger headphones have. I did get a chance to hear the amperiors and they were amazing, I highly recomend you visit and apple store if you can and try them. I hear great things about HiFiman so the HE-300 are probably a good pair to own. I personally purchased the Fiio e17. I'm looking at either the Denon d600 or the HE-400

Well I heard (read) that the Momentum sound pretty good without an amp so thats one reason I decided to get them. And Apple shops aren't on every corner around here, there is maybe 1 apple shop in my city, and it only sells apple products. Literaly ONLY apple products - macs, ipods, iphone - thats about it. I wouldve gone to try them out a loooong time ago if I could. But in the end I think the Momentum were a right choice for me.

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #463 of 3,594
Popped into my local Apple Store on Thursday. Had a brief listen to the Momentum and Amperior. The Momentums are beautifully made, very comfortable and luxurious. They sounded warm and lush. Great with vocals and a slight bass lift. The Amperiors were more lively and perfomed better with rock and faster paced music IMO. The phones were driven from a iPhone 5, as I didn't have my DX100 with me at the time.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #464 of 3,594

Thanks Jude for the heads up on the Momentum.  Got it yesterday and been using it for about 6 hours.  It ran overnight at modest levels with the Grace M903 at a level of 63.
First off, the apple did not fall far from the tree and the Momentum sounds very much like the HD800 for my jazz, classical and classic rock pieces.  It played Bach: Toccata & Fugue In D Minor, BWV 565 (Telarc) with command.  Not LCD-3 command but far more than my Philips Fidelio L1 and Grado SR325.  I would even say the bass was better than my Grado GS1000i.  That's saying a lot!

Soundstage wise, well, it's not the HD800.  It's very good.  Excellent in fact with my iPhone 4S.  I will no longer use the Philips Fidelio as the Momentum is not only lighter but it totally disappears after some time and all I get is music.  I hardly feel that it's there.  There is no sweat after an hour, two hours and beyond.  I wear a size 8 cap and these new Sennheisers are simply the right fit on my head.  I wish my LCD-3 were this comfortable.

With the Grace M903 with which I did most of my listening, the Momentum sings like my top-line phones.  With the Cary 300SEI, the sound is even sweeter.  

A great phone, so far, for classical, jazz and classic rock.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #465 of 3,594
Quote:

Thanks Jude for the heads up on the Momentum.  Got it yesterday and been using it for about 6 hours.  It ran overnight at modest levels with the Grace M903 at a level of 63.
First off, the apple did not fall far from the tree and the Momentum sounds very much like the HD800 for my jazz, classical and classic rock pieces.  It played Bach: Toccata & Fugue In D Minor, BWV 565 (Telarc) with command.  Not LCD-3 command but far more than my Philips Fidelio L1 and Grado SR325.  I would even say the bass was better than my Grado GS1000i.  That's saying a lot!

Soundstage wise, well, it's not the HD800.  It's very good.  Excellent in fact with my iPhone 4S.  I will no longer use the Philips Fidelio as the Momentum is not only lighter but it totally disappears after some time and all I get is music.  I hardly feel that it's there.  There is no sweat after an hour, two hours and beyond.  I wear a size 8 cap and these new Sennheisers are simply the right fit on my head.  I wish my LCD-3 were this comfortable.

With the Grace M903 with which I did most of my listening, the Momentum sings like my top-line phones.  With the Cary 300SEI, the sound is even sweeter.  

A great phone, so far, for classical, jazz and classic rock.

Wow what a collection. And thanks for the impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back