Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Oct 5, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #346 of 3,594
There are a lot of comparisons between other closed can headphones here, which makes perfect sense, but I've barely heard/auditioned any of them - can someone describe the difference in sound to other Sennheiser models? Such as the HD 558, HD 598 and maybe HD 650 - these are just open models I'm more familiar with that I like the sound of.
I want the Momentums to be the closed headphones with an open sound that I'm looking for that so far I've only just about heard in a V-Moda (but hate the looks). 

Oct 5, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #348 of 3,594
Quote:
what would putting some fiberglass in your Closed headphones Do too the sound?

If you're talking about glass-fibre insulation material, you'll get VERY itchy ears with a million tiny shards of glass embedding themselves into your ear lobes. 

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #349 of 3,594
Momentum available in Apple store and John Lewis for any UK headfi-ers
With a great return policy with both stores, might have to grab a pair to audition against my M50s, very interested in how they compare...

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #350 of 3,594
Doubt it. And if they were defective that doesn't say much positive either. They're also very large for portables.

Lets put it this way- I have um3x, um2, and turbine coppers. The m80 is a nice edition to that group. The momentum wasn't. Ymmv.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #351 of 3,594
Quote:
They're also very large for portables.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think that they're large for portables at all, much less very large. The headband is very thin and the cups are small enough that some people have reported that they're too small to fit around their ears.

I do find the case to be on the larger side though, but I don't use the case; I just toss the headphones in my laptop bag.

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #352 of 3,594
Quote:
Doubt it. And if they were defective that doesn't say much positive either. They're also very large for portables.
Lets put it this way- I have um3x, um2, and turbine coppers. The m80 is a nice edition to that group. The momentum wasn't. Ymmv.

Now it just sounds like you received the wrong pair of headphones. The momentums are some of the smallest portable cans I've used.

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #354 of 3,594
Chill your jimmies people, what's with all this flagrant antagonism in the thread toward one person who states his honest opinion that he doesn't like a pair of headphones.

Haha. One guy respectfully disagrees and another suggest he may of received a defective pair. This is one of the most polite forums I've been too!

I will say the momentums are not that large except that they do have a pretty bulky carrying case due to the ear cups not folding. Still very portable though.

Oct 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #355 of 3,594
About the maximum size for a headphone to be comfortably used on the go I'd say... bigger than the DT1350 for sure, smaller than some Beats several people obviously consider quite portable... The case is much to big though.

Used them for several hours yesterday: of course they become uncomfortable after some time, but definitely better to wear than the DT1350 (or the HD25 that is). Nevertheless I still like the sound of the DT1350s better... I guess both have their place. At least for now :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back