Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Sep 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #168 of 3,594
Sep 23, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #170 of 3,594
Thanks for the review, seems to be nice portables... I'll look forward to them in my local stores. 
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #171 of 3,594
Received my Momentum from RazorDog Deals.

Brief impression:
It's very well designed. Very light (190g), small, and portable. Seinheisser clearly designed this for people wanting a portable HP on the go in refined style. So good job there.
It's very easy to adjust the headphones. Just put it on the head, and pull down. 
Cables though thin, has no noise:the ones you get when you tap physically on cheap cables like the Hisound IEMs.

I have no problem with it fitting my ears.

Bass is not at levels of the ATH-M50, which I hated. Though it's definitely there.

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #173 of 3,594
Quote:
I've been following this thread for a while now. Jude's review doesn't seem to mention if the earpads are removable. Has there been any mention of this? 

Most, I'd say 98% of headphones out there have removable earpads (there are rare exceptions, such as LCD-2's which use one time use-only adhesives; but you can probably get another adhesive ring for it) and there is no reason at all to suspect that the Momentum won't IMO.

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #174 of 3,594
Quote:

Most, I'd say 98% of headphones out there have removable earpads (there are rare exceptions, such as LCD-2's which use one time use-only adhesives; but you can probably get another adhesive ring for it) and there is no reason at all to suspect that the Momentum won't IMO.

I concur. Based on its price range along with its current and upcoming competition, I would assume Sennheiser would allow for removable earpads. My headphones will be arriving on Tuesday, and based on some of the impressions along with Jude's review, it seems to be headphones to my liking. A slight exaggeration in bass is a welcome in my book, especially when these were design to be on-the-go. I will also be pairing these up with my early 2011 MacBook Pro 13 + FiiO E17 and see how well the FiiO compliments these headphones. 

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #180 of 3,594
Quote:
comparing them with the HD598, which one do you think has better sound quality and comfort?

They wrap differently around the ear. 598 has big earcups that wraps very widely around the ears, onto the head, while Momentum just wraps tightly around the ear. I have a pretty big head, and ears. The first time I put on the Momentum, they fitted fine. I tried them again, and my right ear fits perfectly, but left ear seems to be touching a bit more. If the Momentum fits your ears nicely, I'm sure it will be significantly more comfortable than the 598. Momentum has almost no pressure on the headbands for me, and is really light.

I'll report on SQ once I have more time on them. They are good though. I'm not experienced enough to describe the differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back