Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
May 2, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #3,032 of 3,594
  Blackberry smartphone from 2011, and song was a 320 kbps mp3 that sounds good on my other headphones.

I understand. Maybe it was something else?.. Cable or perhaps damaged driver etc. You should try another one.

May 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #3,034 of 3,594
  No need to wait - just stretch out the headband a little. That's the best thing about metal headbands. 
Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip. I have tentatively tried that. Not entirely successful so far, though... They exert enough pressure on the upper parts of my ears that I feel it start to pinch after 30 mins or so, but any more stretching feels like it would reduce the seal and stability.

I'm still very happy with the sound signature, however. They really are a big step up from my Apple IEMs for use with my iDevices.

The treble roll-off is nicely judged and doesn't prevent them from resolving well, but I have one question: since these are my first closed headphones I am wondering if the lack of "airiness" of the sound compared to the open backed headphones I've tried is due to the treble roll-off, inherently due to closed backs providing a slightly more congested and less spacious sound, or something which will improve during "burn-in". Any answers?

May 5, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #3,036 of 3,594
  No you'll never get that warm airy smoothness from a closed can just isn't going to happen.
The momentum I think are without doubt "the choice" for a portable though.

+1

May 8, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #3,038 of 3,594
  sale on amazon for $200, time to try this out!

That's for the on ear, not over ear. They are very different as the on ear is far from neutral. I own the over ear and auditioned the on ear several times. The on ear has gobs of bass but the mids a pushed back and the treble ramps up a bit which is generally not to my liking. Compared to Beats and that type of can, IMO these are far better sounding.
Right now, the over ear is running $300 on Amazon.
If you can handle pink, the on ear is $140 in that color. 
rolleyes.gif

May 8, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #3,039 of 3,594
  That's for the on ear, not over ear. They are very different as the on ear is far from neutral. I own the over ear and auditioned the on ear several times. The on ear has gobs of bass but the mids a pushed back and the treble ramps up a bit which is generally not to my liking. Compared to Beats and that type of can, IMO these are far better sounding.
rolleyes.gif

that pink is definitely a nice shade =) you'll stand out for sure. very hipster!

May 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #3,040 of 3,594
rolleyes.gif

Actually the sale was for "over the ear". they are back up to $300 now though. It was a one day sale only on the "black ones".

May 8, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #3,041 of 3,594

Actually the sale was for "over the ear". they are back up to $300 now though. It was a one day sale only on the "black ones".

Cool, so did you buy one?

May 8, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #3,043 of 3,594

Yeah, I did
normal_smile%20.gif
Only problem is that they will be shipped in 1 to 3 weeks. I can wait. Will be using these with the DX90. Hopefully they will pair up well.

congratulations!

I am sure you will love them. Never seen the DX90 in real life, but would love to hear this DAP too. Seems to be really nice. With the low output impedance they should pair well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back