Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Mar 25, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #2,986 of 3,594
  They need to make a bigger version of these for those with bigger ears. Sickest looking headphones.

I agree. The size and dimensions of the ear-cups outweigh the acoustic signature. After all who wants to listen to music on headphones that are on-ear for the majority of the population.

I have average/normal sized ears and it becomes on-ear in my case.

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #2,987 of 3,594
  I agree. The size and dimensions of the ear-cups outweigh the acoustic signature. After all who wants to listen to music on headphones that are on-ear for the majority of the population.

I didn't have a problem with the earcups, but the headband sat annoyingly on my head.

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #2,988 of 3,594

I imagine that many of the customers who bought the Momentums are those that would also buy Beats by Dre. They don't really care about comfort, they just know it's supposed to sound better than Monsters and they look a lot better too. They've become more 'hip' than Beats. That's just a guesstimate of course.

Mar 26, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #2,989 of 3,594

I imagine that many of the customers who bought the Momentums are those that would also buy Beats by Dre. They don't really care about comfort, they just know it's supposed to sound better than Monsters and they look a lot better too. They've become more 'hip' than Beats. That's just a guesstimate of course.

If you're talking about the on-ears Momentum, then I'd agree.
If you're talking about the over-ears Momentum, then I'd disagree.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #2,990 of 3,594
Don't get me wrong, there are definitely a lot of people who bought them for their sound and premium build, but I can imagine many more bought them because they're fashionable. But that's really just a guess. I could be TOTALLY wrong.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #2,991 of 3,594
I agree.
Sennheiser absolutely nailed it with styling. It's a shame that they seldom do get this right. 
I've seen a few Momentums on my daily commute through Frankfurt, but it's usually the 'business suits' that wear them.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #2,992 of 3,594
In a way, that's not a bad thing. Better to see less Beats (and Bose for that matter) and more quality cans out there like the Momentums. This way the average consumer's world is opened up to better SQ, even if it was initially through liking the headphone aesthetically first.

Mar 31, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #2,993 of 3,594
Yesterday I put my hands on Moto G. I was trying to see if it supports USB audio. No lack with iDSD, but Pan Am worked plug-and-play even with built-in player. I was using Momentums. I started wondering how does the built-in DAC sound. When reconnected Momentums to phones audio out I realized how big is the gap between phone's DAC and external USB DAC (And Pan Am is not the best DAC in the world).

I just say that Momentum while sound very good with phones built-in DACs, they truly benefit from better gear, and the difference is significant.

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #2,995 of 3,594
imo my snasa clip and android sound absolute rubbish horrible gritty sound compared to xonar dolby headphone + e6 amp
weird because my sennheiser ie6 sound great through the sansa clip

Apr 3, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #2,996 of 3,594
Just got lucky and bought 2 Momentum Toro Rosso from a guy who attended the F1 VIP party in Abu Dhabi of the team. I paid a VERY good price and am now checking the headphones out.

First listen: Very pleasant, nice musicality, definitively not overpowering bass but just right...

Whoever tells me about the "Sennheiser"-sound can happily listen to my Sennheiser collection: HD25-1 (not II, got them as new old stock), Amperior, HD598, HD239, HD448. Every single one of them sounds very distinctly different.

Anyhow, so far I am really enjoying the Momentums. More than I thought 
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #2,997 of 3,594
Just got lucky and bought 2 Momentum Toro Rosso from a guy who attended the F1 VIP party in Abu Dhabi of the team. I paid a VERY good price and am now checking the headphones out.

First listen: Very pleasant, nice musicality, definitively not overpowering bass but just right...

Whoever tells me about the "Sennheiser"-sound can happily listen to my Sennheiser collection: HD25-1 (not II, got them as new old stock), Amperior, HD598, HD239, HD448. Every single one of them sounds very distinctly different.

Anyhow, so far I am really enjoying the Momentums. More than I thought :D

Sweet!

btw...Go McLaren! :D

Apr 9, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #2,998 of 3,594
Just bought a set of like new 'around the ear' Momentums off ebay for $200 shipped.
They were purchased as an upgrade from my Grado SR80i's and bought for their sound going by all the positive reviews I had read..
Nothing to do with their looks, I couldn't care less what they look like..

Anyway, been listening to my flac rips of CD's and a couple of HiRez downloads from HDTracks and I'm finding the sound amazing. Yes they do have a bit of prominent bass.
but I like the sound, bass is in no way is over done. Pink Floyd's The Final Cut is on the cue right now and I got a great big smile on my face.
Looks like these will be my reference phones for many years to come.
Sal

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,999 of 3,594
  Just bought a set of like new 'around the ear' Momentums off ebay for $200 shipped.
They were purchased as an upgrade from my Grado SR80i's and bought for their sound going by all the positive reviews I had read..
Nothing to do with their looks, I couldn't care less what they look like..

Anyway, been listening to my flac rips of CD's and a couple of HiRez downloads from HDTracks and I'm finding the sound amazing. Yes they do have a bit of prominent bass.
but I like the sound, bass is in no way is over done. Pink Floyd's The Final Cut is on the cue right now and I got a great big smile on my face.
Looks like these will be my reference phones for many years to come.
Sal

the looks are just an added plus =)

which colour did  you get?

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #3,000 of 3,594
Black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back