Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Feb 20, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,971 of 3,594
  I think there are few songs which are not sibilant, and as I said I don't listen to vocal music much (currently starting exploring some rock/metal) so I don't have a big collection to test out. But when I compare the same songs to cheap earbuds it's not apparent, although Momentum's have much cleaner sound that's why I could hear it better. The biggest problem is with games or youtube videos, it's hard to find recording which doesn't have ear-piercing "SSS" sounds.

Momentums shouldn't sound like that so something is amiss. Do you have another pair that you can try? Where did you get your pair?

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #2,972 of 3,594
Is it happening a lot or only on certain tracks? Chances are it's poorly mastered or poorly encoded material you're listening to.

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #2,973 of 3,594
  Momentums shouldn't sound like that so something is amiss. Do you have another pair that you can try? Where did you get your pair?

I bought them online, from a big hardware store, they are not likely to be fake. I don't think I could compare them to other pair anywhere near where I live. Although I could be too paranoic because I started thinking about sibilance after hearing pretty sibilant album (Disturbed - Asylum) so maybe I'm just focused too much on it. Do you have any song that could be sibilant on other headphones but is not on Momentums?

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #2,974 of 3,594
  I bought them online, from a big hardware store, they are not likely to be fake. I don't think I could compare them to other pair anywhere near where I live. Although I could be too paranoic because I started thinking about sibilance after hearing pretty sibilant album (Disturbed - Asylum) so maybe I'm just focused too much on it. Do you have any song that could be sibilant on other headphones but is not on Momentums?

I don't have any cans that have such problems. I do have a cheap pair of earbuds that have a resonant peak in that area, Klipsch Image S4's yuck, so I don't use them.

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #2,975 of 3,594
  I don't have any cans that have such problems. I do have a cheap pair of earbuds that have a resonant peak in that area, Klipsch Image S4's yuck, so I don't use them.

Hmmm, that's strange but now I'm listening to some random youtube music/videos and notice less sibilance than earlier (actually only on poor recordings or videos recorded by cheap cameras), looks like I need to listen more to make sure it isn't just my brain playing tricks on me. I thought that Momentum's sound signature should remove sibilance even if it exists in a recording. Anyway, sorry for the trouble and thanks for help
smile.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #2,976 of 3,594
  Hmmm, that's strange but now I'm listening to some random youtube music/videos and notice less sibilance than earlier (actually only on poor recordings or videos recorded by cheap cameras), looks like I need to listen more to make sure it isn't just my brain playing tricks on me. I thought that Momentum's sound signature should remove sibilance even if it exists in a recording. Anyway, sorry for the trouble and thanks for help
smile.gif

No problem, praised be the Lord, you are cured. 
happy_face1.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #2,977 of 3,594
Weird.... well, that or you've got great hearing.
Are you a young adult? If so your sensitivity to treble is much more than elder ears.

Random thought:
Do you have an equalizer on?

Feb 20, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #2,978 of 3,594
Sounds right to me they do have a very sparkly punctuated treble and clean crisp timbre sound.

Highly unlikely to be fakes around with the build quality on these do the pads smell like lambs leather ?

Feb 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #2,979 of 3,594
  Weird.... well, that or you've got great hearing.
Are you a young adult? If so your sensitivity to treble is much more than elder ears.

Random thought:
Do you have an equalizer on?

I'm 21, and I can hear pretty high frequencies, I think up to 19kHz based on http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/can-you-hear-this-hearing-test/ (I could even hear quiet ringing at 21kHz but I guess it's distortions). I don't use equalizer as it always makes music sound unnatural for me. I used cheap and harsh earbuds for some time before I bought Momentums so they could shape my hearing to be more sensitive, if they had a dip in treble.

Feb 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #2,980 of 3,594
  Sounds right to me they do have a very sparkly punctuated treble and clean crisp timbre sound.

Highly unlikely to be fakes around with the build quality on these do the pads smell like lambs leather ?

You haven't seen this http://www.head-fi.org/t/690491/fake-sennheiser-momentums 
biggrin.gif

But for sure my pair isn't fake, it could be defective (or my ears/brain).

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #2,982 of 3,594
Anyone have tried for the warranty claims, within 2-year warranty period, for the momentum faulty cable replacement or the warranty would be included & is entitled for such a claim?

My momentum cable (w/o mic/controls) has no sound out from left channel while the another one (w/ mic/controls) is working normally.

I've email thro' Sennheiser website's general enquiry but I haven't got any reply & I also like to see if you guys have any idea about it from here.

Many Thanks for any inputs.

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #2,984 of 3,594
I tried those out today. They are 300 euro's here in the Netherlands. Their sound signature reminds me a lot of the AKG K540, but to be honest with you, my 80 euro AKG K540 sounds more naturel than the Momentums. The Momentums got more detail and air though, but that's the only thing they're better at imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back