Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Feb 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,397 of 3,594
Quote:
No scam. It must have been a mistake on the site, as the price is back to 299€ by now.

Sennheiser does not allow discounting on this product.  Being that it is new, they are probably more diligent in enforcing this policy compared to the HD650 for instance.  My guess is the retailer just a received an email from Sennheiser and had to pull it down.    

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #1,398 of 3,594
Sennheiser does not allow discounting on this product.  Being that it is new, they are probably more diligent in enforcing this policy compared to the HD650 for instance.  My guess is the retailer just a received an email from Sennheiser and had to pull it down.    

One of their stores is like 50 meters away from where I work, I bought my Momentum there, for 239€, that is 20% off of the suggested retail price, but for this weekend, and this weekend only, they added another 20% off of the retail price, leaving them at a juicy 179€. Amperiors were also at 179€.

Plus, I know some other two stores were the base price of the Momentums is 235€. So I don't think Sennheiser is that diligent with the pricing, at least here in Spain.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #1,402 of 3,594
The Future Shop up here in Canada has Senns on sale all the time.  I got my Momentums there for $100 off.  I don't think Sennheiser minds selling more product when the retailer is willing to take the hit, and I suspect the company may even be offering them some special deals.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,403 of 3,594
Quote:
The Future Shop up here in Canada has Senns on sale all the time.  I got my Momentums there for $100 off.  I don't think Sennheiser minds selling more product when the retailer is willing to take the hit, and I suspect the company may even be offering them some special deals.

This is not the case, and they do mind.  It was not a guess on my part.  

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,404 of 3,594
I'm starting to feel like a nuisance on this thread, but her it goes. I've recently noticed that I get a crackle in my headphones sometimes, as if the headphone chord is not completely plugged into the headphones. Coincidentally around this time songs sometimes stop (as in when the song stops and when you press play again it shuffles in my misic library), skip, or it skips back to the previous song. I do use the "smart cable". When this happens though both jacks(both the male 2.5 and 3.5) are not loose or out. It's not something that is going to make me return the headphones, it just gets annoying(it's happened to me twice over the past 2-3 days(about 7 hours of listening).

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #1,407 of 3,594
Quote:
I'm starting to feel like a nuisance on this thread, but her it goes. I've recently noticed that I get a crackle in my headphones sometimes, as if the headphone chord is not completely plugged into the headphones. Coincidentally around this time songs sometimes stop (as in when the song stops and when you press play again it shuffles in my misic library), skip, or it skips back to the previous song. I do use the "smart cable". When this happens though both jacks(both the male 2.5 and 3.5) are not loose or out. It's not something that is going to make me return the headphones, it just gets annoying(it's happened to me twice over the past 2-3 days(about 7 hours of listening).

That sounds like an issue with your source material. Do you hear it with other headphones?

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #1,408 of 3,594
I've seen the iPhone at least skip ahead if there is a problem with the file itself, but never skipping back... So I'd rather suggest a problem with the remote. Did you try to reproduce said problems with the straight cable?

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #1,409 of 3,594
Not yet. It happened twice yesterday. The first time, the music stopped at the very end of listening to "Waiting For the Worms" in The Wall pt. 2, right after they say "STOP". I cant remember what song I was listening to the second time, but the 2nd time resulted in some cracklings until I undid the 2.5 male jack, and then placed it back in.

Note that every time this occurs I first twist the chord in the tighten direction so I am sure the chord is not just loose. It's possible it could just be my iPhone 4S. I remember when I first loaded the ALAC music files into my phone. Some of them wouldn't play and others would pause in the middle of the song. This only lasted for the first 5 minutes after loading them from my iTunes to my phone. But this could be the problem.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #1,410 of 3,594
"I do use the "smart cable"."
I use the 3-button cable that the Momentums came with.

Oops! Totally missed that in your post. As for the crackling issue, have you tried swapping it for the straight cable to see if the problem is still there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back