Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Dec 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #3,361 of 3,594
Plop guys :)

I'm planning on buying a momentum over ears
I've got a QH-85 and he is comfortable enough for me
But I read that the momentum wasn't always comfortable....

How would you put it face to the QH-85?

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #3,362 of 3,594
Since I guess few have owned both the Momentum and the QH-85 to directly compare them, I'll just briefly add that if your ears are 65mm tall or less and don't stick out much, and you don't have a large size head, you should find the Momentums to be comfortable.
My ears and head are both average (65mm is the male average ear height size) and I can wear the Momentums all day without discomfort. 
I did however stretch out the headband a tiny bit to reduce clamping force.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #3,367 of 3,594
Just want to make a comment here that Momentum definitely needs quite a break-in period. I bought one for the gf a year and a half ago and she's been using that one. This past thanksgiving I bought another one on a very good deal. I've been breaking in the new one playing music constantly for about 120 hr. Today I tried both Momentums and the new one still sounds quite closed in compared to the old one.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #3,368 of 3,594
Just want to make a comment here that Momentum definitely needs quite a break-in period. I bought one for the gf a year and a half ago and she's been using that one. This past thanksgiving I bought another one on a very good deal. I've been breaking in the new one playing music constantly for about 120 hr. Today I tried both Momentums and the new one still sounds quite closed in compared to the old one.

Both the Momentum and Momentum on-ear.

beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #3,369 of 3,594

To quote the well respected Tyll Hertensen from Inner Fidelity.
"If you do want to break-in your cans, I suggest pink noise at a slightly louder than normal listening level. If you don't have a pink noise track, just play music. If they sound lousy out of the box, but they start sounding a lot better as you listen to them over time, it's your amazingly versatile brain figuring out how to cope with the world.
The miracle is in your head ... not in the headphones."

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #3,370 of 3,594
  To quote the well respected Tyll Hertsens from Inner Fidelity.
"If you do want to break-in your cans, I suggest pink noise at a slightly louder than normal listening level. If you don't have a pink noise track, just play music. If they sound lousy out of the box, but they start sounding a lot better as you listen to them over time, it's your amazingly versatile brain figuring out how to cope with the world.
The miracle is in your head ... not in the headphones."

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #3,372 of 3,594
Pity those who don't have the miracle in their heads.

Don't... they solve the problem with $200 cables *trollface*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back