Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Sep 26, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #556 of 581
  Have the MOE'S, I find them a bit "blah". Sound wise they don't really shine through the freq range. Play around with the fit via headband and earcups. I hook mine to the tiny Fiio external amp, sorry can't remember the name but they retail for around €30.00. This adds an extra "kick" via my iphone. I know this advise is not very scientific but it does help.

your probably talking about the fiio e6 or if anything the fiio e11 (a second hand one)

those are rather warm and bassy so it wouldn't surprise me that they give you that extra oomph (even with no eq switch applied)

with the blue colour switch (boosts the bass and the treble even more for that extra "gut punch"

they made my hifiman re400s (somewhat bassy)

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #557 of 581
yep, it's the e6. A cheap little fix. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #558 of 581
Hello im a student
i use. iem for commuting and walking around the school.
I listen to acoustics and new songs and rnb
just ordinary listener.
My picks are.
Sennheiser momentum cx 3.00 cx 5.00
I just want the sound. i dont care about the mic :) please guide me thanks

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #560 of 581
Also just pulled the trigger on the red set. It was between this and the hd25 for me, I went back and forth demoing on a few well known tracks and these just sounded more lush and also a better compliment to what I've already got. Also in terms of a portable set, the cord just works with more phone cases. Can't wait to get them home!

Oct 25, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #561 of 581

These just came with the mail :)

Really excited to see what's what about them.

I will get back with some impressions later :D

Also just pulled the trigger on the red set. It was between this and the hd25 for me, I went back and forth demoing on a few well known tracks and these just sounded more lush and also a better compliment to what I've already got. Also in terms of a portable set, the cord just works with more phone cases. Can't wait to get them home!

Congrats on your acquisitions, guys! 
wink_face.gif

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 28, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #563 of 581
just got mine today, they sound a little boomy, but that's what i was expecting and kind of like for an on-the-go 'phone. really fun sound, mids are clear, but they're no doubt a warm v-shape.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #564 of 581
Sadly, I sold my MOEs.  I never hated them, but I needed funds to scratch my upgrade itch.  Got myself D2000 instead.  Compared to the MOE
Isolation: both have bad isolation and leaks sound
Soundstage:  Leaking sound gives out good soundstage for both, but with bigger earcups, D2000 gives more depth and width
Bass:  Both are bassy, but D2000 is more controlled unlike the MOE's boomy, droning tone
Mids:  Both are very recessed , but this is where I missed the MOE's lush mids.  D2000's is too grainy, deal breaker for me
Highs:  Both can be sibilant.  If I can recall, MOEs are more articulate and sparkly.  D2000's is grainy as well

Was it a good upgrade?  More like a side-grade, as both are only entry level.  Did I regret losing the MOE, well theyre just $100 now, so.... :wink:

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #565 of 581
  So true Podster, they need that little turbo power!!

Exactly, I can promise you this rig is not lacking bass. When I turn on the bass boost it is almost too much!

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #567 of 581
Looks good Podster, trying to make out the source your hooked up to?

Sorry voxie, just saw this! It's a 4th Gen. Touch, here it is (front) with Topping NX2 and Senn PX100 II's
wink_face.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #569 of 581
If anyone uses an Ipod as a source, the sound is greatly improved as far as the bass goes by using digital out from the lightening connector. Bass is way less heavy and the headphone sounds a ,ittle 'faster' in reaponse.

I wonder whether the 18 ohm impdance is a bit difficult for the Ipods or the headphone out has something going on in there!!!

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #570 of 581
If anyone uses an Ipod as a source, the sound is greatly improved as far as the bass goes by using digital out from the lightening connector. Bass is way less heavy and the headphone sounds a ,ittle 'faster' in reaponse.

I wonder whether the 18 ohm impdance is a bit difficult for the Ipods
or the headphone out has something going on in there!!!

Why, yes, absolutely!  It's junk!  It's one crappy little chip with a few microscopic resistors and caps around it.  This goes for all Apple portable devices if I'm not mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back