Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Apr 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #271 of 581
Change. Can you order a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter from Amazon or something and see if the Boom Pro works for it?

I've been searching but can't seem to find one with the locking mechanism of the MOE. A regular 2.5mm won't fit... so I've just been using the in-line mic for now...

Looks like a project for Zombie. I mentioned it to em once, already, but I'll remind em.

This would be ideal for gaming on the go because these actually have a real nice soundstage for being on ears. The widest of the few I've tried, at least (M500, M80, Amperior)... by far...

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #274 of 581
The Skullcandy SLYR has a twist and lock cable, yet other cables still work. So does the Mad Dog. :frowning2:

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #275 of 581
Or you can break/chop off the tabs that enable the locking mechanism in the first place.  They're what get in the way.

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #277 of 581
  Or you can break/chop off the tabs that enable the locking mechanism in the first place.  They're what get in the way.

I'm sure the cable connectors are sold for DIY parts. No need to void your warranty just to use a BoomPro with an adaptor...

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #278 of 581
Apr 25, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #279 of 581
We're probably still quite some time away from that happening.

Really? Damn... I thought I saw some aftermarket cables being sold on eBay that fit the momentums? Where are they getting they're connectors from?

They ARE located in China, though... so that may be why they have em...

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #280 of 581
Really? Damn... I thought I saw some aftermarket cables being sold on eBay that fit the momentums? Where are they getting they're connectors from?

They ARE located in China, though... so that may be why they have em...

I wish they would sell the connectors apart.  No one is yet, it seems.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #282 of 581
And here I thought not much could be more comfortable than the Alcantaras.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #283 of 581
Headband padding is too hard for my liking, but I do love the earpads.
Blue color is an added plus.  =p

May 23, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #284 of 581
I wanted thank everyone for posting your impressions. I went to my local (Huntsville, AL) Best Buy store hoping to see if the Momentum Over Ears would fit my ears, but they don't carry them in the store. They did have the On-Ear on sale for $149.99 though, so I decided to try them. My wife has 14 days to tell me if they leak too much sound. (one area the Senn HD202 has these beat).

My store had a few pairs of ivory and black left (perhaps more locked up?) with the sign stating the other colors could be ordered. YMMV but I hope this info might help someone on the fence or wanting a second pair. (I'm tempted by the $136.99 pink ones on Amazon to save for a future gift.

So far I think they are very comfortable though they don't get as loud with the same sources as the Senn HD202 they are replacing. (ripped the cord out of one side after 5 years).

I will be going to Indianapolis before the 14 day return period is over so I guess I will look for a place to audition the On Ear version.

Being new here, I apologize if this is out of place, and if there is a better place to look for deals on gear that seems to be under a MAP policy but free from counterfeiting, I would appreciate pointers by PM.

So far my impressions are that the alcantara is very soft and I can lay on my side with no discomfort.

I may try bending the band to get a bit stronger clamping force as it does seem to help if I press them to my ears slightly.

FWIW, I was also strongly considering based on reviews Sony SDR V6, SDR 7506, and Sennheiser HD 280 PRO before I was swayed by the looks of the Momentums. The browns remind me of flight jackets. Besides the Senn HD202, my next most used over-the-ear headphones are David Clark H10-20.

Thanks for the site! I will have to ration my visits unless/until I get divorced or catch my wife liking my headphones.

Mark

May 23, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #285 of 581
Guess I'll share my initial impressions real quick. Picked up a pair of these earlier today (black/red) from Best Buy for $164. I like the look and build but after hearing/reading so much about these I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in their sound quality out of the box. These being the sixth pair of Sennheiser headphones I'm well aware that they require a great deal of burn in but, stronger bass punch aside, the HD229s seem to have far better clarity at the moment. Hoping these improve otherwise I'm going to (try to) return them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back