Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Apr 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #256 of 581
  Yeah I'm using line out.

A defective driver saddens me 
frown.gif

Could burn in possibly fix this, I've only had it for three days, used it for about 6 hours total.

Another possibility I'm looking at, is that this is my first true on ear, coming from the hd439 and fc300 which are more over ear, I noticed having less isolation than those two so maybe I'm turning up the volume more trying to block out the environment noise

No, you should never turn up the volume to drown out ambient noise.  If you needed isolation, Momentum On-Ear is not for you.
So you don't have to turn up the volume as much in a quiet environment?

Burn-in is never a solution for things like lack of sensitivity, channel imbalance, etc.

Apr 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #257 of 581
Alright playing these through my laptop with the volume at 25 and they sound fine, I can talk to someone and hear them quite ok

No, you should never turn up the volume to drown out ambient noise.  If you needed isolation, Momentum On-Ear is not for you.
So you don't have to turn up the volume as much in a quiet environment?

Burn-in is never a solution for things like lack of sensitivity, channel imbalance, etc.

Yeah I can play these at a low volume in a quiet place, Your right about these maybe not being for me as I'm currently switching back and forth between these the Onkyos and favor the Onkyos a great deal.

Really want to love these headphones but it was supposed to replace the Onkyos and sound-wise, seems like that won't happen

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #258 of 581
Well, I must say I'm very happy with the Momentum On-Ears, especially at the price I snagged em for. These are exactly what I was looking for in a portable, both signature wise and comfort wise...

These are keepers! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #259 of 581
I have mine for sale but I may be just keeping them regardless of having to many headphones. They actually get more comfortable over time and I quite enjoy their signature as well. I am getting a pair of SRH1540 which is why I am trying to clear out other headphones but these may just have to stay.

I am hoping the 1540 will be my "fun" detailed spacious sounding headphone.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #260 of 581
I have mine for sale but I may be just keeping them regardless of having to many headphones. They actually get more comfortable over time and I quite enjoy their signature as well. I am getting a pair of SRH1540 which is why I am trying to clear out other headphones but these may just have to stay.

I am hoping the 1540 will be my "fun" detailed spacious sounding headphone.

Notice I have one, myself...

You won't be disappointed! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #261 of 581
Awesome news, we seem to be chasing each other in regards to headphone selection so I am even more looking forward to the 1540 as we appear to enjoy the same types of signatures.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #262 of 581
Awesome news, we seem to be chasing each other in regards to headphone selection so I am even more looking forward to the 1540 as we appear to enjoy the same types of signatures.

I've actually had the 1540 since day one (about 6 months, now), and it has turned into my favorite headphone. Looks like I'll be seeing you in the 1540 appreciation thread!

And, yes, I have grown to love that signature that leaves one with a smile! 

bigsmile_face.gif
 !The Momentum On-Ear does exactly that! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #263 of 581
You two go through headphones lol! I envy that actually. I just have a really hard time letting any of mine go. Oh well!

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #265 of 581
Apr 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #266 of 581
Does it show somewhere on this post where to get a cable that improves on the sound of the MOE?
Not that I don't like the cans...I love them - in fact 
bigsmile_face.gif

but...you never know......

Thanks!

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #267 of 581
  Does it show somewhere on this post where to get a cable that improves on the sound of the MOE?
Not that I don't like the cans...I love them - in fact 
bigsmile_face.gif

but...you never know......

Thanks!

FiiO HD598 cable or there's a couple of sellers on fleaBay that sell replacement cables for Momentum.

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #270 of 581
Change. Can you order a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter from Amazon or something and see if the Boom Pro works for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back