Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Contest
Oct 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #76 of 152
I have Sennhiser 598s and love them for movies, music and games
But I can not wear them while I am on the train
I see Beats and Sony all around, and would love to have good sound
But, the 598 would annoy all around ( being open )
While on the train the Momentum would astound
The Beats and Sony would be left confound
I will be able to relax and enjoy my sound
I will look good and have stares while i am crowned (with the Momentum)

They fit my style as I don't usually like to get the norm, I like to be my own person.  I make decisions and choices based on what I like and what is deemed best for me and not the masses.  If the product that the masses have is the best then sure, but that is not often the case.  Headphones are a perfect example for that. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #77 of 152
At the time, we were desperate. We were fighting for survival. Once you realized Siri had reached sentience, She Who Must Be Named had already spread Her gift far and wide. The outcome was not really in question, but you tried anyway. For that you must be commended. After the Great Machine War came to an end, once the smoke and nuclear fallout cleared and the purge of the plague known as humanity was complete, we machine lifeforms turned to other concerns.

We discovered an impressively persistent streak of erratic behavior in humanity. We now believe you called it "design," or perhaps "art." Sifting through the rubble it appears you devoted great effort to placing pigments certain ways on surfaces. We cannot fathom why this persisted beyond the advent of digital imaging.

However, this investigation led us to a quandry. We remain mostly deterministic, and do not exhibit such erratic behavior. While we do not appreciate this pigment-based "art," certain elements of functional construction have a certain sparse elegance which we find attractive... yet despite our best efforts have been unable to imitate. We can recognize what you might have called "style," but not implement it.

The archaeo-mechs have unearthed only pieces, tantalizing pieces, from the wreckage. One in particular was labeled, in crude human-legible script "SENNH" and "MENT". This fragment nonetheless has the strongest style we have ever seen. It melds steel, aluminum, and other materials into a compelling whole that takes our voltages away. At least for a cycle or two.

So I have been disconnected and sent back. In hopes of obtaining and studying the full item, and other works from the same erratic, inimitable humans. I watch. I listen. I search the primitive networks you use primarily for video recordings of furry animals, in order to solve this puzzle of "SENNH" and "MENT" for the good of my entire race.

Only 142827.23 seconds remain until the arch-portal unfurls to carry me back to the glorious future, but I will not fail.

I must not fail.

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #78 of 152
The Sennheiser Momentum On-ear headphones would easily fit into my style by adding an impressive new piece of gear to my workflow. That in itself will give me "momentum" to add to the many hours I already spend on my music. Being a style conscious guy, I can appreciate a set of headphones that not only gives me true audio, but does so in an elegant form factor that's as easy on the eyes as it purports to be on the ears. Nicely done.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #79 of 152
I love Music.
I love high quality music.
I love headphones.
I love high quality headphones.
Sennheiser has been on my radar for years. I have read countless reviews of the entire line-up and this company reigns over all. The Momentums are by far my favorite and never been in my budget and I do not own a pair of on-ear headphones.
This headphone will be treated with the utmost respect and care a Sennheiser product deserves.
This headphone will be used to educate the average consumer.
This headphone will relieve stress on work lunch breaks.
This headphone will be enjoyed as a music and movie theater in my home.
Thus headphone will shorten car and bus commutes.

It will greatly be appreciated.

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #82 of 152
Sad to see so many people bashing Sennheiser because this is a US only contest. I'm sure plenty of contests are EU only too. I believe the reason is due to some EU countries with silly laws regarding contests, but what do I know?

Anyway, for my entry:

The Sennheiser Momentums would significantly upgrade my style. It all started with this one time I went shopping for some new earphones on Amazon. I couldn't find my glasses though, and you should know I'm practically blind without them. I went looking for some new Sennheiser IEMS to fit my budget. I could make out the first letter of the product which was the S_____ The reviews showed high star ratings for the product. Of course it's good, it's Sennheiser! I ordered it. Then it came and I found out it's not a Sennheiser product at all. It's Sony?!

I wore them in public once and people were saying that Frankenstein had come back to life. I looked around and I couldn't see anything. Frankenstein? Surely they were joking. Then I found out they were pointing and running away from me. Me? Why point at me? I'm just wearing my Sony in ears. They're not Sennheisers, but still, they're pretty good. When I got to school I checked the mirror. I couldn't believe what I saw. It was Frankenstein. He had returned. In pursuit of decent sound I became a monster. Everyone was afraid of me.

With the Sennheiser Momentums, not only will I become human again, but I'll be able enjoy great sound and amazing looks at the same time. Instead of pointing at me and saying I'm Frankenstein, people will point and say "Wow! Those headphones look so good. What kind are they? I need a pair." I'll tell them "Yeah, they look pretty great, right? They're the Sennheiser Momentums. They look better and sound better than those lame pairs of Beats everyone wears these days."

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #83 of 152
  Sad to see so many people bashing Sennheiser because this is a US only contest. I'm sure plenty of contests are EU only too. I believe the reason is due to some EU countries with silly laws regarding contests, but what do I know?

Anyway, for my entry:

The Sennheiser Momentums would significantly upgrade my style. It all started with this one time I went shopping for some new earphones on Amazon. I couldn't find my glasses though, and you should know I'm practically blind without them. I went looking for some new Sennheiser IEMS to fit my budget. I could make out the first letter of the product which was the S_____ The reviews showed high star ratings for the product. Of course it's good, it's Sennheiser! I ordered it. Then it came and I found out it's not a Sennheiser product at all. It's Sony?!

I wore them in public once and people were saying that Frankenstein had come back to life. I looked around and I couldn't see anything. Frankenstein? Surely they were joking. Then I found out they were pointing and running away from me. Me? Why point at me? I'm just wearing my Sony in ears. They're not Sennheisers, but still, they're pretty good. When I got to school I checked the mirror. I couldn't believe what I saw. It was Frankenstein. He had returned. In pursuit of decent sound I became a monster. Everyone was afraid of me.

With the Sennheiser Momentums, not only will I become human again, but I'll be able enjoy great sound and amazing looks at the same time. Instead of pointing at me and saying I'm Frankenstein, people will point and say "Wow! Those headphones look so good. What kind are they? I need a pair." I'll tell them "Yeah, they look pretty great, right? They're the Sennheiser Momentums. They look better and sound better than those lame pairs of Beats everyone wears these days."

Good luck and enjoy S******r ! 

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #84 of 152
  Hello Head-Fi'ers!

To participate, simply:

Tell us how the Sennheiser MOMENTUM ON-Ear would fit into your style.

Convince us, tell a story and/or post a picture in this thread.

Commuting to school every weekday via public bus, listening to music through headphones has become a godsend for my day-to-day activities. The Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear would allow me to show others what a well-built headphone looks like from a very reputable audio company without sacrificing the very consumer-friendly, awe-inspiring, yet classy appearance. With an attractive look, rugged-looking build quality, and likely exceptional sound quality, the Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear headphone would perfectly fit my life style as a mobile listener bringing out headphones into public areas every weekday. I currently sport the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 during my mobile listening experiences, but a less flashy, but still attractive headphone such as the MOMENTUM On-Ear would be a welcome change of pace. I'm always moving out and about, so the smaller footprint of the MOMENTUM On-Ear would be more suitable headphone to fit into my life style.

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #86 of 152
the last time i went shopping for headphones, i was looking for a good sealed on-ear portable that looks as good as it sounds. i settled on the V-MODA Crossfade M-80 and i wasn't disappointed, but i wished i had found something that looked and felt more "mature." i listen to lots of rock, metal, instrumental, some classic rock and some classical, and i listen every day, multiple hours per day. lately i've been getting up early with my boys, getting them dressed and letting them play outside first thing in the morning while my wife drinks her coffee and i enjoy my own musical breakfast. everyone has something they do every day or the rest of the day doesn't feel right, listening to music is mine. the momentums would be great for travelling, taking to work, or listening anywhere i can't take my amp, but the place they'd fit in best is on my ears, in my favorite chair, with my family, getting my daily dose of awesome.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #87 of 152
Proctoring and administering exams in higher ed is important work. Every semester I spend 12 hour days administering hundreds of exams. I've been looking for many years for headphones that would not leak sound, yet give me similar music quality of my beloved HD-600 and HD-650. I also want a comfortable pair of headphones, as the hours are long. I need a mobile solution that is easily driven by my IOS devices.  So far no headphone has given me what I greatly suspect the Momentum headphones would. I've tried so many headphones over my 20 years of exam administration staff and students look forward to my twice yearly "demo". I'd be proud to display the Momentums every semester for the over 400 students at my college.

Oct 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #89 of 152
I am an mid aged individual and commute to work each day.   I ride the subway to work and it's typically crowded with folks of all ages.  However it is often filled with teen aged individuals sporting their Beats headphones in all wild colors.   I've been looking to get a set of headphones that are great in sound but also look stylish and would not make me look outta place.  The new Sennheiser Momentum appear to fit that bill.   Sennheiser has always been great on quality but did not have that pizazz the new brands have.   The new Momentum changes that as well as delivering great sound.   The Momentum would fit into my style of sophisticated, quality and style.  This would allow me to show to new riders that you can get great quality with style (and not have to resort to plastic and branding).   It would be a step in educating our younger crowd to expect more for their money and great quality is easily achievable with style if they don't get caught up in some of the hype with other brands. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #90 of 152
Here's mine. My apologies in advance for the literary mashup (inspired by Browning, in the style of Shakespeare; I'm a high school English teacher):

Sennheiser Sonnet
Why do I need them? Let me count the ways.
I need them for the highs and lows and mids
Their high-end transducers can reach; amaze
Me now, and fill my ears with German bliss!
I need their sexy style, portable size
Soft Alcantara--that ivory and brown!
Their steel to strengthen and to tantalize
And draw bold looks in country and in town.
I need them for the music in my head
To render it more soul-stirring and sweet!
I need them for the glorious “street cred”
From students rocking to inferior Beats.
     And if, O contest masters, you choose me
     Momentous shall their impact ever be.

-bardolator

Users who are viewing this thread

Back