Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Contest
Oct 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #46 of 152
  Yeah there is a deal... Cough up airfare and hotel accomodations to win a pair of $300 headphones after sitting through the "enjoyment" of a pair of House DJ's...

I think Sennheiser should dontate a pair to Advil for his sick father's convalesce.
From a Canadian who always get's the Sennheiser Shaft in contests. 
tongue_smile.gif

If you didn't want to spend money on these things you could always just not go to see the Bingo Players and sell your tickets and your meet and greet passes or just sit on them and not use them. To be honest, I don't think the people at Sennheiser would like to know that they gave away free tickets to a concert and meet and greet passes that weren't appreciated and used by the person that received them though.

Oct 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #47 of 152
  If you didn't want to spend money on these things you could always just not go to see the Bingo Players and sell your tickets and your meet and greet passes.

That would be illegal under the Ticket Speculation Act, as I imagine in the winning agreement the tickets would have no no face value... 
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #48 of 152

That would be illegal under the Ticket Speculation Act, as I imagine in the winning agreement the tickets would have no no face value... 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, you're probably right. Besides what I said is not what I would do . . . I was just stating that it was a possibility. You could still always just give them away for free or keep them but not use them. Again though, that's not what I would do.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot about the Ticket Speculation Act. Look at me, I'm so immoral . . . advocating an illegal act. How could I?
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #49 of 152
For me, it's fairly simple: listening to music with portable headphones can turn a boring, mundane ride on the metropolitan bus into a profound and deeply moving experience.

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #50 of 152
  Hello! I would absolutely love a pair of these for use at the hospital with my dad. He's been in and out of there for months at a time with liver failure waiting for a transplant. Poor guy has no fun or enjoyment besides netflix and music on his laptop but uses apple earbuds to listen. Having some nice headphones would make his life so much more enjoyable while he's there and *hopefully* soon he'll get a transplant and be able to use them at work rather in the hospital. He's constantly in and out of the hospital and being transferred between 3 hospitals in the Dallas area so the portability would be really appreciated as well. I'm there with him several hours a day while I do homework and study and in my free time so I'd get to use them a lot too since he's usually sleeping at those times. I would love to buy him a set of these or similar but I'm a poor college kid. I've been around here a long time and love this community very very much!

here's a picture of me playing my ukulele for him a few months ago to help him go to sleep. (as you can see he's an iPhone user so having headphones with the remote would be greatly beneficial for him.)

thanks for the opportunity! 

As much as I'd also love a pair of Momentums, we must prioritize. My vote also goes to this man, I can really sympathize for you Advil. It wasn't very long ago that I was in a similar position myself where my father had suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm. Months spent sitting in a quiet hospital room, it really is rough trying to cope, be strong, and listen to the beeps of the monitors all day. I'm pulling for you and your dad.

Goodluck,
Jake

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #51 of 152

Every day is a bit of a struggle.. Through constant pain pulsating through every cell of my body, to the struggle of just getting around in my wheelchair. The one thing I have to distract me from all this at home is my music.. Specifically, my music through my HD 650's. Now I have just found a new job on the 8th floor of an office building.. With no car of my own, I am forced to take the city bus - almost an hour to get there and another hour to get back home. It would be amazing to own some Momentums for portable use to and from the job and for the push up to the bus stop 2 miles from my house.. Here is a dorky picture of me when I first tried on my 650's.. I would really enjoy the Momentums if I win. Thanks for the opportunity!

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #52 of 152
Wow.. Sennheisers’s “MOMENTUM ON-Ear Contest”, ahhh life is good. They say timing is everything…. And at least for me in this case it could not be more “on time”. So what do I have to do???
Tell us how the Sennheiser MOMENTUM ON-Ear would fit into your style.
Be Creative Head-Fier’s! We will be selecting on uniqueness and originality!

Ok I can do that.. I hope …..So okay, I’m a 60 year old male, a retired Facility Maintenance Engineer that thinks he’s 25 years old. Well..  Since retiring, I had gotten use to listening to music during (most) the day on either my beat up laptop, an old classic iPod, or more recently my old 4s iPhone.  As you can see my hardware is not very current, but I’m happy with them. (for now)
Well one day my stock earbuds finally quit working. In my web surfing, I found a very wide selection and price range of earbuds. So in the course of reading consumer ratings to navigate through the endless choice of the low end IEM’s… I ended up at,  the “Head-Fi” Forum, and the wonderful world within …… It was like… Whoa.. wait up… what??…. Amps?  DAC’s?.. oh really… portable…. Desktop…. Whoa…. I never knew!!!!!….. my listening education began …So I lurked in the fringes of the forum for months,  reading everything I thought pertinent to my type listening. Never seeing the need to register, as being new and not knowing anything about audio, I felt was not qualified to post, at least on anything Tech. The other day, outta the blue.. for some reason, I did finally register at Head-Fi. I know it was “Karma” telling me that your contest was yet to be discovered by me, so you can imagine my pleasant surprise at discovery of your contest…
So after some research, I decided on the lower priced SchiitModi and Magni, Amp and DAC, both for price and reader reviews at Head-Fi and Cnet. I thought I should purchase a Amp and DAC first, then some mid priced headphones..  I felt those Schiit Products, were a good entry level desktop set-up (and first time buy, at $200 bucks). I really wanted to see if they would make that big a difference in sound. Like I mentioned, I don’t have very sophisticated sources. (Laptop, iPod, and iPhone, that’s it) I knew the sound would improve….. but just how much???.
The difference was amazing specially with the cheap laptop, the DAC made my music pop. Now I’m hooked…. I’m listening not just hearing…
I am very happy with my first choice in this “journey of sound”…. Just how happy, I am yet to find out. I have yet to acquire a really good set of headphone that can do the Schiit, Amp and DAC, any justice. I only have very low end IEM’s.. but their sound is very, very nice… Im sure they are some of the better sounding IEM’s for under $50… After reading posts that mentioned them, at Head-Fi. I decided to try the Monoprice 109927 Noise Isolating Earphones, for around $11 bucks at amazon. Yea… 11 bucks!!!  For un-amped listening,  they sound great coming right out my 4s iPhone… but slam that Magni amp in there and…..I mean really sounding great.. they’re a little bass heavy, I suppose… but, not so much it robs from the mids and highs. Yeah that’s right!!!! I’m learning….
I really can’t wait to get some “Over-the-Head” Headphones hooked into the Schiit combo. Hence my entry in the,   Sennheisers’s “MOMENTUM ON-Ear Contest”, yeah…. I use to watch that blinking ad on Head-Fi’s web site, showing the MOMENTUM’s ….. yeah…..brown ones… nice…. I know they would be a great pairing, for that Schiit combo of mine.
I live way up in Northern California, about 2 hours to any major store. Most shopping is done online. Its only me, and my dog “Jake”, I listen to music most the day.  Winter is coming and it sure would be nice to sit listening to those  Sennheiser, MOMENTUM’s, on a snowed-in winter day. I think they would be a great addition to my just-started headphone collection, and would be a honor, to own…as well as a great story to tell any that will listen, about how I got that outstanding, double mean, set of Sennheiser MOMENTUM headphones. (What is the correct term???? “Pair” or “Set” of headphones?? Anyway..). If I won I would also post a review of the “MOMENTUM’s”, with my limited tech knowledge, short experience, and new found appreciation for this form of audio.

So what’s a 60 year old man listen to???? Reggae of course!!! some Electric Blues,  a bit of Country oldies, and a touch of Classical.. Just think about a old man sporting those Sennheisers’s MOMENTUM’s” listening to some “Lean & Mean” portable set-up (yet to be acquired) walking along some outstanding state park trail…… or sitting plugged into a desktop amp by a wood burning stove with it snowing outside, my dog laying by my feet… now that’s not just my style… that’s my life….
So no matter if I win or lose….. its been a pleasure to write this entry, as my first official post on Head-Fi. More posting to come, Ill probably just lurk for awhile  longer……. until I know what I’m talking about…
So until again….

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #53 of 152
I like things on my ears.
 For a while I walked around with wet noodles on my ears but they just felt kind of funny.  
Then, I wore a pair of bagels on my ears but got too many Princess Leia comments...  
I tried to stop putting things on my ears for a while after that until someone suggested I try headphones:

I'm pretty sure the Momentums would help my style...  what do you guys think?
Cheers

...Pretty bad, I know, but couldn't be helped.  Hope I got at least a groan out of ya!

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #54 of 152
  Yeah, you're probably right. Besides what I said is not what I would do . . . I was just stating that it was a possibility. You could still always just give them away for free or keep them but not use them. Again though, that's not what I would do.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot about the Ticket Speculation Act. Look at me, I'm so immoral . . . advocating an illegal act. How could I?
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

On second thought, I don't think you could do those things as I viewed that page I linked to again and it says that part of the prize is "(2) Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear headphones personally autographed by Bingo Players during your meet and greet." This makes me think that they might not ship the two pairs of headphones to you . . . I think you receive them during the meet and greet. I could be wrong though.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #55 of 152
Well, first of all I would like to start by saying that I am new to the audiophile buisness and I don´t know much about it. That´s why a pair of Momentums would incredibly help me. I am a drummer still in the learning stage and music is everything that keeps me distracted from my personal problems. That´s why I would love to have a pair of nice headphones, to listen to my music in full detail and get to understand music more and grow in my drumming skills and simply, grow musically.  I won´t do an essay-long response in order to win this contest. I will only say this:

I love music.
I love detail.
I dream to be a professional drummer. 
I respect Sennhieser and I hope to win this contest. 

Cheers.

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #57 of 152
Well I've been looking for a sexy, good quality headphones for a while and none have sparked my interest. I have always been using cheap earbuds for around 3 years. I finally got a job and was looking around for what to buy with my first paycheck, when I came across these. Amazing look, with the material being that soft leather on the headband and just enough cushion for an on-ear. Over ear headphones turned me off because most of them were big and obnoxious but the sound quality would be better than on ear most of the time. Until the Sennheiser MOMENTUM on-ear showed up. This headphone truly showed the first one that can pull off style, superior sound quality, and portability in one product. Being a big fan of bands such as Coldplay, I don't really like high bass earphones or stereos as they hurt my ears. I just like overall high quality music, having a balance of bass and treble. I had been planning to get the Sennheiser and was looking at reviews when I came upon this website and the contest and figured, why not? Hope I make it! :D

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #59 of 152
Well, I would LOVE to have these for my commute to rotations at the hospital.  I lost my youth with studying and hard work so I'd like to be "hip and cool" for those moments before I have to be robot serious. Help a guy out who is going through a mid-life crisis a decade early!  I just want to be "jiggy with it".  #MIDLIFECRISIS (don't even know if I used the hashtag thing correctly; I don't even know what it is exactly)

sidenote:  birthday is on the 11th of October.  All I want is to be cool for my birthday!  *wink wink*

Oct 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #60 of 152
Music gets me through the day. While at work I have my headphones on 5-6 hours a day and it really is the reason why I don't go crazy at work. One can only sit in front of the computer so many hours without going crazy. I have had a growing love for headphones for many years now. It is always amazing how the sound changes depending on headphone quality accessories etc. I am no audiophile but love beautiful sounding music. Don't have a ton of extra money to buy more than one pair of headphones though if anything I buy a new pair and sell the old one. They look great and would love to show the Momentums off at the office =).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back