Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears Review by mark2410
Dec 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #61 of 107
Just got the Rha MA750i's. For me they are waaaaaay better than the Momentums. Better sound, better fit and comfort. Much better value for money as well. So I'm now a happy bunny. I'll take my leave from this topic.
Many thanks Mark for pointing me in the right direction.
Cookie

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #62 of 107
Just got the Rha MA750i's. For me they are waaaaaay better than the Momentums. Better sound, better fit and comfort. Much better value for money as well. So I'm now a happy bunny. I'll take my leave from this topic.
Cookie

Interesting.! I too am in dilemma in choosing between momentum and ma750i. Now if only the rha is compatible with my xperia z

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #63 of 107
Interesting.! I too am in dilemma in choosing between momentum and ma750i. Now if only the rha is compatible with my xperia z

Suggest you audition the PSB M4U2's first...they eclipse the Momentums by a long way...

See these reviews/threads:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/psb-m4u-2-noise-canceling-headphones

http://www.head-fi.org/t/605079/psb-m4u-2

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634227/noise-cancelling-celebrity-deathmatch-psb-m4u2-vs-qc15-and-sennheiser-amperior-but-well-get-to-that 

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #64 of 107
Hi Hoplite
Don't think the RHA's are Android compatible. Maybe the middle button will work. Don't write the Momentums off.
They're not bad IEM's, in fact they sounded good with my iPhone. My main issues were comfort and value for money.
If you like bass, they're definitely worth an audition.

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #65 of 107
Cookie

aww thank you.

id take umbrage with the 750 being "better" but yeah, if you couldnt get a good fit with the momentums then that pretty much kills that product for you.  still everyones ears cant be the same so what works for one cant work for all.

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #66 of 107
Well, 'better' is always subjective in this game. In terms of sound, maybe different is more accurate. In terms of everything else, I still say better.
Either way I'm enjoying the RHA's more and apparently Santa's bringing me a Fiio X1 for Christmas, so we'll see how that combo works out.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #67 of 107
Thanks for this wonderful review. I currently own these and agree on what you have said.  I am a newb to this all. I really do enjoy the bass on these but actually found myself craving more if thats odd, and have hence ordered the hifisound wooduo 2's.  Roaming around this site over the past month I understand why people start spending so much on new earphones!  I actually want a 3rd pair!
I am quite interested in the dunu dn-1000
1. Dunu DN-1000 (is this a definitive upgrade?)
Does it have the same bass in terms of depth and impact?
2. I hear the treble is slightly subdued but you also mentioned the momentums are a bit subdued which I think are quite sparkly and bright.
3. I understand the dunu's have a better mid presentation which would probably be an upgrade.
4. I listen to mostly electronic music (Daft Punk would be best example where I enjoy great clarity but a weighty bass with impact)
5. I've now heard the Altone200's are better then the dn-1000 but I feel like I'd be disappointed with its bass.

Was mainly interested in hearing what a good hybrid would sound like with electronic music.  I may even just go for the I8 or I80 since you think they are a for sure upgrade.  I really do love the fun energetic sound of these and just wondering what the next step up would be to get this similar sound but with better quality overall.

Thanks.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #68 of 107
Its probably worth the price of admission in terms of performing respectably across most genres and my current "on the move go to" iems for Spotify on my iPhone. Though I do admit I find the lower extension implementation of the bass a little too boomy on certain tracks creating a slight muddy feel across all frequencies. If you can live with that, its not too bad.

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #69 of 107
Thanks for that. Can you recommend any other iems with deep and punchy bass and an energetic sound like the momentums.  I wonder if I need to jump into the $300+ range such as the I8 to get a definitive upgrade that I will be very happy with.  I just feel like the higher I go the more disappointed I will be when they break as do most IEMs in shorter time then headphones. Anyways thanks for your help!

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #70 of 107
  Thanks for this wonderful review. I currently own these and agree on what you have said.  I am a newb to this all. I really do enjoy the bass on these but actually found myself craving more if thats odd, and have hence ordered the hifisound wooduo 2's.  Roaming around this site over the past month I understand why people start spending so much on new earphones!  I actually want a 3rd pair!
I am quite interested in the dunu dn-1000
1. Dunu DN-1000 (is this a definitive upgrade?)
Does it have the same bass in terms of depth and impact?
2. I hear the treble is slightly subdued but you also mentioned the momentums are a bit subdued which I think are quite sparkly and bright.
3. I understand the dunu's have a better mid presentation which would probably be an upgrade.
4. I listen to mostly electronic music (Daft Punk would be best example where I enjoy great clarity but a weighty bass with impact)
5. I've now heard the Altone200's are better then the dn-1000 but I feel like I'd be disappointed with its bass.

Was mainly interested in hearing what a good hybrid would sound like with electronic music.  I may even just go for the I8 or I80 since you think they are a for sure upgrade.  I really do love the fun energetic sound of these and just wondering what the next step up would be to get this similar sound but with better quality overall.

Thanks.

hello and welcome.  sorry about your wallet
beerchug.gif
(traditional headfi greeting for new peeps)

1.  yes.  the 1000 is "better" however at this level of quality your really in the range of matching a sound signature that is what you want than finding something that is "better" that said i tihkn the 1000 boing quite different would be a nice compliment to those two while still retaining a fair bit of bass for you.

2.  oh if you think the momentums are bright, oh you had best stay way from anything peolpe call bright.  id think its just that your more used to consumer stuff where more bass = "better" so very bassy stuff.  if you spend some time with something like the 1000 then after a coulpe weeks try your momentums youll totally get what i mean.

3.  yep.  mids while nice on the momentum, Balanced Armature IEM's usually smash dynamic ones in the mids.  the 1000 is more prominant and more focused.  the detail level is better and the improved clarity really lets you explore the mids inn a way the momentums wont.

4. hmm well the 1000 is bassy but comparatively its quite a bit less than the other two and the mids and highs being more clear you may not (especially at first) love the relative bass level.  still for quick electronic yes id like the speed from the BA drivers, the other two are comparatively much slower IEM's.

5.  well the altones are excelent.  hyper exciting though, insanely so.  the 100 are pretty excitable but the altones are just nuts.  it a highly entertaining way but they really have trouble chilling and the 1000 can sound much more grown up when you want it too.  both are just excelent in every way.  (btw have you read my reviews of them both?)

6.  well the ie8/80 well yeah they too are excent.  a top teir IEM that is better that the 1000 or altones.  but....... its somewhat more of the same as what your got.  now there is nothing wrong in that, if its what you like but i would suggest try and go for soemthing a bit different and give that different IEM a good few weeks to let your ears/brain adjust to it.  you may find that soemthing very different to waht your used to may open up a whole now world of music to you.  just think.  you may have long liked coke for years, you loved its syrupy sweetness.  then one day you try a coffee and maybe you dont live it the first time, but you give a try and then you find your having coffee every morning.

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #71 of 107
Thanks alot Mark for your amazing and detailed response! I really do want to try something new with a different sound, the problem is I really do love me some slammin bass. I hate to sound like a typical ignorant consumer when it comes to sound but alot of the music I listen to requires and a solid impact. I actually find the bass in my apple earpods to be quite decent almost comparable to the momentums of that means anything. Thanks again for all your help and yes Ive read your other reviews and they are fantastic! Thanks!

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #72 of 107
SmokinPot

Are you relegated to iems only or would you branch out to full size headphones? If you did, I would consider the Sennheiser Momentums or the V-Mod M-100's I own both and I think they fit what you are looking for. My son is also an EDM fan and loves Daft Punk and I cannot get either of these pair away from him. The M-100 also has a plug that allows you to share sound with another headphone and V-Moda also has a "share chord" I use to listen to music with my daughters.

Good luck as a new headfier.

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #73 of 107
Yes I was looking at exactly those 2 headphones for a long time.  Also looked at the fidelio x1 very hard to. I just think contrary to most people that a good set of iems can sound just as good if not better due to the isolation and sound going directly into the ear rather then being bounced around so much in over ear.  I have listened to $1000 headphones and found the sound is not that much different than a good set of iems.  If the price of the m100 drops I will give them a hard look once again as I think they are more edm oriented and the build is much tougher for long term use.  Thanks alot for recommending these though we'll see what happens!

Feb 7, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #74 of 107
Thanks alot Mark for your amazing and detailed response! I really do want to try something new with a different sound, the problem is I really do love me some slammin bass. I hate to sound like a typical ignorant consumer when it comes to sound but alot of the music I listen to requires and a solid impact. I actually find the bass in my apple earpods to be quite decent almost comparable to the momentums of that means anything. Thanks again for all your help and yes Ive read your other reviews and they are fantastic! Thanks!

hey, happy to help.

you know there is nothing wrong per say with liking big bass any more than liking 3 sugars in your coffee is "wrong"  if you do still want to keek big ass bass then i kinda think that the IE8/80 might be the way forward for you.  it is a truly excellent IEM, both its bass and its treble are about as good as they get.  def worth trying a set id say.

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #75 of 107
Just letting everyone know that Comply Foam tips have been incompatible with the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears but no more! We are launching a compatible tip this Friday on our website (www.complyfoam.com) for those who are interested in having this combo. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

-Comply Team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back