Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears Review by mark2410
Nov 10, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #31 of 107
If you want less bass than there should be, and something that will break if you use it, get the Hifiman.

k701smile.gif

@saline momentum all the way mate. hip hop? get the momentum

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #32 of 107
I'm looking to buy 100 USD iem I have narrowed my choices down to the Hifiman re 400 and the sennheiser momentum which one should I choose? My preferred genre is hip hop if that helps.

for that style, id say the momentums. the 400 is waaaaaaaaaaaay more neutral sounding. the 400 is much more pure sounding and the momentums much more party.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #34 of 107
thank you for the review. You certainly go into much more depth than i would be able to do so to be honest, I am glad my impressions from these was quite on point(thats always good when you do review stuff fro a living :)

Anyways, I like the end of the review - Momentum IN-Ear simply sounds so enjoyable that i really cant wear anything else. Now I will propably get expelled from this community but i did enjoy Momentums more than Sony MDR-Z7. Is it unfair to compare high end closed cans with modern IEMs? Sure. But it seems like I have outgrown my sound purity phase and now want something more fun still with as much detial as I can get. Now I am a basshead :)

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #35 of 107
  Nice review! I'm assured now that if my IE7's break I can buy these for a reasonable price as replacement ^^ I'm currently using the double flange from sennheiser, do these fit on the Momentum?

no they dont.  the momentums are a more narrow bore than the IE range so you will have to ga a tip hunting. i do think i saw someone saying sony hybrids work great on them so maybe thats an option.  the stock tips were not bad too.  ive just got into the habit of slapping on foams as they will just compress to fit your ear so you dont have to bether swapping tips to find the right size.  do remember they are a rather more bassy than the 7 too.

thank you for the review. You certainly go into much more depth than i would be able to do so to be honest, I am glad my impressions from these was quite on point(thats always good when you do review stuff fro a living :)

Anyways, I like the end of the review - Momentum IN-Ear simply sounds so enjoyable that i really cant wear anything else. Now I will propably get expelled from this community but i did enjoy Momentums more than Sony MDR-Z7. Is it unfair to compare high end closed cans with modern IEMs? Sure. But it seems like I have outgrown my sound purity phase and now want something more fun still with as much detial as I can get. Now I am a basshead :)

sure why not compare full sized and IEM's.  they both have their place but in the end accomplish the same thing.  to bring your ears music.  there is no reason why you must always like one flavour either, the world would be terribly dull if we always ate the same tihg day ofter day.  so do the same aurally, sonic neutrality has a place as does basshead levels of low end grunt.

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #36 of 107
Hello and thank you for the very informative, enjoyable review. It was really insightful!

This is my first post, and I signed up specifically to ask you which foam tips you were able to use with the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear headphones. I recently purchased a pair that are hopefully waiting for me in my backyard (so says FedEx).

A new review on Amazon (US) states the following:

But there is that major flaw- I can't get the right side to stay in my ear at all, and I've tried all three sizes of silicone tips that came with the product. So to listen to this I have to sit perfectly still, or lay down and jam the right side into my ear with my pillow to keep it in. Not working out like I'd hoped, to be able to go to the gym, use for video chats on my devices on the go, etc. Unfortunately, the way the tip is made with that small sort of cross piece across the tip, you can't use comply foam replacements, they don't fit.

Again, maybe the stock silicone will work fine for me (as it seems to for the other reviewers on Amazon), but I like the idea of foam better, and I would be happy to purchase a pair from Comply, or whomever.

When I clicked the foam tip link in your review, the TV Ears foam tips that displayed did not look like the foam tips in your photos, but maybe I am just too new to this game and confused. Also, Comply's website does not yet list this model, so I could make an educated guess, but I would rather not have to buy three or four sets.

At any rate, if you could kindly share specifically which tips work for you, this newbie would very much appreciate it!

Again, thank you for your thoughts on this exciting new set of in-ear headphones.

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #37 of 107
  Hello and thank you for the very informative, enjoyable review. It was really insightful!

This is my first post, and I signed up specifically to ask you which foam tips you were able to use with the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear headphones. I recently purchased a pair that are hopefully waiting for me in my backyard (so says FedEx).

A new review on Amazon (US) states the following:

But there is that major flaw- I can't get the right side to stay in my ear at all, and I've tried all three sizes of silicone tips that came with the product. So to listen to this I have to sit perfectly still, or lay down and jam the right side into my ear with my pillow to keep it in. Not working out like I'd hoped, to be able to go to the gym, use for video chats on my devices on the go, etc. Unfortunately, the way the tip is made with that small sort of cross piece across the tip, you can't use comply foam replacements, they don't fit.

Again, maybe the stock silicone will work fine for me (as it seems to for the other reviewers on Amazon), but I like the idea of foam better, and I would be happy to purchase a pair from Comply, or whomever.

When I clicked the foam tip link in your review, the TV Ears foam tips that displayed did not look like the foam tips in your photos, but maybe I am just too new to this game and confused. Also, Comply's website does not yet list this model, so I could make an educated guess, but I would rather not have to buy three or four sets.

At any rate, if you could kindly share specifically which tips work for you, this newbie would very much appreciate it!

Again, thank you for your thoughts on this exciting new set of in-ear headphones.

hi.  first of all any links in the middle of the review are added by huddler and not by me.  if i was going to add a link id make a mention of doing so.

now, as to your question.  you are not the first to ask and the answer ive been forced to give is, i just dont know.  those tips just happened to be in a little baggy on my desk, they looked like they might fit, they did so i used them.  the thing is a cannot for life of me work out just where they came from.  it must have been from an IEM ive used but i just cannot find a picture that has them.  indeed i cant find anything that matches them.  i know they have to have come from something i have used but i just dont recognise them.  ive looked thought my tup of tips too to look for another set, in the hope i had written what they were from.   the tip tub is a bit big and i have not managed to find a match there either.  i believe that the 200 size complys would be the ones to fit but i havent a new bagged pair to confirm this definitively.

there are quite a few so its possible ive just missed it though.

here is a close up of them.  if anyone is able to recognise them then please do let us all know, i for one have been totally stumped as the where they originate.

Nov 14, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #38 of 107
Hi, thank you for your review, it's very detail and informative!

I'm still trying to decide between this and the RHA MA-750; I found a lot of positive reviews on the 750, but my friend keeps recommending me the Sennheiser one. In your opinion, which one has a better sound quality?

Also, the RHA released the new model T10, I don't know if you have gotten your hands on it yet.

Nov 14, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #39 of 107

I'm still trying to decide between this and the RHA MA-750; I found a lot of positive reviews on the 750, but my friend keeps recommending me the Sennheiser one. In your opinion, which one has a better sound quality?

Also, the RHA released the new model T10, I don't know if you have gotten your hands on it yet.

I can't stress enough that sometimes one might seem better to the majority, but may be worse for you. It depends on your preferences. I tested out the T10i's and wrote a little something on them. Try this for size http://www.head-fi.org/t/732332/introducing-the-t10i-an-all-new-iem-from-rha/390#post_11039329

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #40 of 107
Thanks for your answer.

I am pretty much a normal to average user, but I usually go on long trips so I need a good and durable ear-bud with me. Does either the Momentum or RHA MA-750 have noise leaking? I don't want to annoy other people around with whatever I'm listening to.

I listen to music from my phone, so most of my files are in MP3 320kbps format. I haven't tried any of the RHA brand so I really do not know whether the T10i is a big step-up from the MA-750 and worth the money.

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #41 of 107

well the two are quite different but while senn has the much bigger name both are excellent products.  the senn is much more bassy, the rha has much more treble.  both are at a very similar level  in terms of sound quality but if i had to pick one id probably give it to the MA750, its a vory small difference and the sound signature is much more important.  the senn i can tell you will be vastly more forgiving to poor bit rates or poor mastering too.  i take it you read my 750 review too?

as for the T10, no sadly i have as of yet not heard it.

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #42 of 107

well the two are quite different but while senn has the much bigger name both are excellent products.  the senn is much more bassy, the rha has much more treble.  both are at a very similar level  in terms of sound quality but if i had to pick one id probably give it to the MA750, its a vory small difference and the sound signature is much more important.  the senn i can tell you will be vastly more forgiving to poor bit rates or poor mastering too.  i take it you read my 750 review too?

as for the T10, no sadly i have as of yet not heard it.

Thank you, I just found your review on the MA750 and decided to order that one. Another reason is because Newegg is putting it on sale for $77.99 so why not? With the sale of MA750 I may order the Sennheiser as well, just to try different experiences like you said.

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #44 of 107
Thank you again for your prompt reply. I purchased a 3-pack set of Comply S 200s. The hole is too big, and they do not stay on the ear buds. The 100s are too small. The 400s and 500s also seem too big. Guess I'll try other manufacturers, although I am happier since I switched to the largest set of silicone tips included with the Momentum.

Regardless, and I do not have the fine ear for acoustics that you do, I am thrilled with the sound these in-ear headphones produce. Listening to 24-bit 96 kHz FLAC files of vinyl rips gave me the chills, the sound is so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back