Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Jul 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #154 of 931
Sennheiser Momentums + HTC One.

I'm loving them tbh, but just wondering is there "another level" here?

Use a Portable amp/DAC ?

Just an amp?

i suspect not tbh. The HTC One is a great little DAP and the Momentums are easily pushed.

Towuld be interesting to see though

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #156 of 931
I got my hands on a pair very briefly today...sound is similar to the full size Momentum's, apparently they use the same drivers, although I don't have 100% confirmation on this. Had a listen for an hour or so, paired up with my AK120. Listening to Bastille's Bad Blood album, bass might be more pronounced, but I need to do a back to back comparison to be sure. Mids are slightly recessed to my ears, but overall a pleasing warm sound. Comfort wise, for those who have struggled with the full size Momentum's, these should be a lot better fit. Firmly on ear, very little sound leakage and good at blocking external noise.

They're definitely more portable and would make a great pair of out & about cans...within limits of course, sound is good, but I'd still say a tad short of the full size cans and I found the volume knob gong up about 20% more than usual. Still no distortion or sparkly highs to my ears. I will be getting a pair or myself soon, just for the convenience factor. Oh and it comes with a more compact case and also a fabric slip on bag.

Overall, I think if you like a decent amount of bass, then they will appeal, I didn't have time to try different eq settings, so they might work well for others too.

Sound signature isn't far off the full size Momentum's, just a tad more bass and the fit on ear feels similar to Amperiors to me. Form factor is good, the ivory ones looks stylish and understated up close and I'd say they're a good buy.

As always looks and sound are subjective, but I think they're worth a listen by most folk at least.

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #161 of 931
I just purchased these (momentum over ear) yesterday at bestbuy. I attempted to get it pricematched with Rakuten but no dice. Now, speaking about the sq, I am very happy with my purchase. It is so different from my custom reshell UE Triple.fi. The clarity is not as high as the triple.fi but the sound is much fuller. I can understand why people are turned off by the bass, but I honestly feel like the bass do not hit super heavy on every genre as opposed to beats. I agree with other members on this forum that the momentum is one of the best closed portable headphones out there and it gives a very "fun" type of signature. If you prefer a more analytical sound then you might want to go somewhere else. . The mids are a little recessed but that is not to say the momentum's sound is muddled.
I am in the middle of breaking in the headphones with about 20 hours of music. I am excited to hear what this headphone can be.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #162 of 931
Hi guys....

I have a pair of MDR v6s and a pairs of cal!s.... Right now there is a store in Portugal that os selling the momentums am 160 euros (usually they cost 300).

Is the purchase worth it? How much of am improvement would it be to what i already havê?

I listen to pretty much all types of nowadaya music, from rock (artic monkeys, bloc party...) to edm (above & beyond, AVB...), and every onde in a while some pop, hip hop and RnB....

I am evemn thinking of selling my both cans if the momentums are that worth it...

I will be using them only through am iPod touch or a nexus 7, no amps....

What Do you guys think?

Cheers :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #163 of 931
Quote:
Hi guys....

I have a pair of MDR v6s and a pairs of cal!s.... Right now there is a store in Portugal that os selling the momentums am 160 euros (usually they cost 300).

Is the purchase worth it? How much of am improvement would it be to what i already havê?

I listen to pretty much all types of nowadaya music, from rock (artic monkeys, bloc party...) to edm (above & beyond, AVB...), and every onde in a while some pop, hip hop and RnB....

I am evemn thinking of selling my both cans if the momentums are that worth it...

I will be using them only through am iPod touch or a nexus 7, no amps....

What Do you guys think?

Cheers :)

Are these the on-ear or over-ear Momentums? If they're the over ear Momentums, I think they are totally worth it (especially at that price).

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #165 of 931
I can get these for $200 like new... is that a good bargain? I'm curious on how i'll like the closed back.

I listen to all types of music... but for the most part electronic/dance stuff..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back