Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread
Jan 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #721 of 931
I've always wanted a pair of the over-ears and finally I bought a pair in Ivory for a good deal today. Haven't had a chance for a good listen yet. But first impression are positive. My ears fit in the cups just about perfectly. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #724 of 931
  Hi, m8te,

I'll be looking forward to hearing from your opinion! I would also like to buy the same pair of cans (probably ivory too).

Ok, I'm not sure what else I'm going to add over what the massive amounts other reviews which are around for these headphones. Please I went for the them in Ivory, they look great on the headphone stand next to the iMac. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #725 of 931
Ok, I'm not sure what else I'm going to add over what the massive amounts other reviews which are around for these headphones. Please I went for the them in Ivory, they look great on the headphone stand next to the iMac. 

I've read a lot about their design, BT, noise cancelling, etc, but nothing about how they sound.

As you say they look great!

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #726 of 931
These aren't the new Momentum's announced at CES. Just the original been out of 2 odd years version. The new MOMENTUM Wireless look amazing, but at £380 is quite a lot more than the £120 I paid for originals. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #727 of 931
I love how sennheiser put the price £350 originally, then the day after the website was updated to show £380.

Either way, they know I'm a fool and I've pre ordered them already. I need something closed for work. Having them wireless just makes things a little easier at work, as we're all on portable desks and having a Fiio 17  and a DT 770 Pro was getting a little silly moving desks the whole time.

Sennheiser do this this all the time though, overprice hugely then drop them from time to time. I've never paid full price for a new pair of Sennheiser headphones until now.

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #728 of 931
  Sennheiser do this this all the time though, overprice hugely then drop them from time to time. I've never paid full price for a new pair of Sennheiser headphones until now.

This certainly applies to their HD5XX series and below models.

However, the HD6XX and above models (with the exception of the HD700) have barely ever experienced a massive drop in price, certainly not the way HD5XX and Momentum did ... (some places, over 50% discount over the original MSRP).

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #729 of 931
I would love a pair of wireless headphones for the same reason, for use at work. £380 for these are out of my range at the moment. No idea really when the M2s and wireless with be available in the UK either. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #730 of 931
Hi,

I just got a pair of Momentums and I dig the sound. The Mids and Bass in particular are very engaging and fun, but the treble and soundstage are a little lacking for my tastes. What would be a good complimentary can I can buy that would cover the aforementioned bases that I feel the Momentums lack?

Feb 2, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #731 of 931
I think if you get them from Germany, because of the strong Pound to Euro etc. they work out at around £340.
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/momentum-wireless-headphones-with-mic

Not sure about delivery etc.

Anybody got experience of returns with Sennheiser direct? In case they're not that comfortable for long listening etc.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #732 of 931
Just updated the other Momentum thread, bought a Wireless pair today from Custom Cable with a discount promo code. Which reduced the price down to £300 + £7 Special Delivery. The original's are going on eBay tonight. 

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #733 of 931
Just received a pair of these. I must say that calling them "Circumaural" is stretching the limits of the term. Bigger ear-cups would be a blessing! 
That being said, so far I'm fairly impressed with the other aspects of the Momentums. Good sound, great bass, decent mids and no sibilant treble. They're even fairly comfortable once I've managed the right position which can admittedly be somewhat tricky. 
The build quality though... That's impressive. 

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #734 of 931
  Just received a pair of these. I must say that calling them "Circumaural" is stretching the limits of the term. Bigger ear-cups would be a blessing! 
That being said, so far I'm fairly impressed with the other aspects of the Momentums. Good sound, great bass, decent mids and no sibilant treble. They're even fairly comfortable once I've managed the right position which can admittedly be somewhat tricky. 
The build quality though... That's impressive. 

You bought the original ones right? The version 2 ones do have a much larger ear cup than the originals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back