Sennheiser Momentum Balanced Mod
Oct 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #68 of 78
Oct 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #69 of 78
Oct 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #70 of 78
  What is bonus this balanced cables ? Anyone explain ?
Thx

Allows you to use the Momentums with a balanced amp.  This isn't the thread to really get into the benefits of balancing, though.  If you search you will find a lot of info.

Mar 16, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #71 of 78
So, I'm resurrecting an old thread.  Would you do a mod like this for XLR 4 pin for someone else, and if so, what would you do it for?

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #73 of 78
Hey FraGGler,

Quick question about your mod. Did you end up swapping out the cable that connects the second cup? If not, are you not ending up with a slightly different sound signature in both ears? Or am I somewhat confused about how the two ears are wired?

I am very interested in getting this mod done, so any insights would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers

Jun 7, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #74 of 78
Even as a fellow upgrade-cable-believer, I doubt you can tell that there's different wire connecting between the cable and the other cup. That's just my opinion on it though.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #75 of 78
  Even as a fellow upgrade-cable-believer, I doubt you can tell that there's different wire connecting between the cable and the other cup. That's just my opinion on it though.

Really? I've noticed significant SQ changes following cable changes. Surely that would be noticeable if one ear was cabled differently? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back