Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Aug 29, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #331 of 657
Could you please share these?

I'm currently strugging to decide which of these to buy and almost landed an order on SA50 after initial rehearsal but then discovered that M3 could be EQ'd to quite similar signature and stored in-phone without losing remaining M3 benefits like better multi-pairing and ability to mute a mic during the call.

Here.

Sep 3, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #332 of 657
Hi. I've bought M3 and there is popping sound few seconds after playing sound. It's random. For example one time in left earcup, next time in right earcup (sometimes very quiet). There are also sound interruptions for few seconds after switching to second device. Do you have the same issues?

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #333 of 657
I haven't read through this entire thread yet, so don't know if this has been posted yet, but I figured I'd share it just in case. I just bought the Momentum 3 about a week ago when it went on sale and, like most of you, felt borderline offended by that floppy hat box that Sennheiser wants us to believe is a proper case for a $400 pair of headphones. So, after a bit of searching, I found the following.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075Q2HZK2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It looks and feels like a proper case worthy of storing and protecting your expensive ANC headphones. And yes, it includes the silky little storage bag that I threw all the cables in. All for $16.

20200913_140741.jpg

20200913_140935.jpg

20200913_140755.jpg

20200913_141036.jpg

20200913_140839.jpg

Sep 13, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #334 of 657
Hi. I've bought M3 and there is popping sound few seconds after playing sound. It's random. For example one time in left earcup, next time in right earcup (sometimes very quiet). There are also sound interruptions for few seconds after switching to second device. Do you have the same issues?

I just bought mine a week ago, and haven't heard any type of popping sounds, or any other strange noises. Sounds like your pair is defective. If I were you, I'd exchange them for another pair.

I will say that having my Note 20 Ultra and my PC simultaneously paired isn't always a smooth experience. Typically, when I do this, I'll be listening to music streaming from my phone and browsing the web on my PC. Any time that a video ad pops up in the PC web browser, even if the ads are muted, the headphones pause the music playback from the phone and I have to manually hit play in my phone again. Very annoying. I've gone back to using my wired Elegias when sitting at the PC until I can figure out a workaround.

Sep 21, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #335 of 657
So, now that the "new" EQ option has been implemented in the Smart Control app for quite some time, what setting has everyone using the M3s settled on? Are you still using the stock "neutral" sound setting or some custom preset of your own?

Personally, I'm switching around between the stock EQ and these two:

Bass: 0
Mids: 0
Highs: +1

Bass: -1

It would be interesting to see what all of you are using :)

Oct 5, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #338 of 657
Oct 5, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #339 of 657
Great review - thank you very much! It was a pleasure to read.

Oct 10, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #340 of 657
So, now that the "new" EQ option has been implemented in the Smart Control app for quite some time, what setting has everyone using the M3s settled on? Are you still using the stock "neutral" sound setting or some custom preset of your own?

Personally, I'm switching around between the stock EQ and these two:

Bass: 0

Bass: -1

It would be interesting to see what all of you are using :)
I'm using at bass -2 and high +1, mid 0

Oct 10, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #341 of 657
I made a full in-depth written review about the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Bluetooth Headphones too! They have probably the best noise cancelling I heard to date, and they make my listening go-to headphones when I want an easy solution with great sonics, and not a big price! They are conveninent, work directly from the type-c port of my smartphone, and they sound amazing! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/10/sennheiser-momentum-3-bluetooth-headphones-review.html

[IMG]
Nice review, I enjoyed it but there is one mistake. Momentum 3 use genuine sheep leather. Not imitation :)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #342 of 657
I have one simple question. Sometimes headphones start at max volume when it's connected to the phone via BT and put on head (auto-play feature), and it's very annoying. Sennheiser still didn't fix it. Anyway, so obviously I need to set the volume to proper level.

My question is, until I realize the volume at max and turn the volume down, 2-5 seconds passes and headset runs at full volume during this time, Will it be damaged the headphones because of the headset works at full volume for 2-5 seconds? I know it looks like I'm an obsessed person but yeah, that's right... I asked this becasuse sometimes very very bass boosted song autoplay when I turn turn headset on and you can hear the incredibly shaking bass and even you can see the capsules are vibrating a lil bit :p So will it damage the cans for just 5 seconds playing? :/

Power source Bluetooth & iPhone. No amp or cable.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #345 of 657
Has anyone evaluated how the three-bands EQ in the app affects the sound in terms of frequency response range and magnitude ? Apparently the M3's elevated bass is mainly a plateau below 200hz and it would be ideal if adjusting it in the app would target only that plateau and not a part of it or frequencies above it.

It would be the neatest of coincidences if this :

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 15.32.02.png

Only affected this :

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 15.29.40.png

Because otherwise the M3's frequency response isn't that far off the usual Harman or Harman-derived target curves (or at least a lot closer than your average BT ANC headphones).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back