Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Dec 13, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #122 of 657
Anyone connected usb to a Mac? I tried with my MacBook Pro 2017 and I can see in hardware system in USB devices but not in audio icon so no usb audio... is a problem from this headphone or software related? can anyone help me on this?

Dec 18, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #123 of 657
I received 2 updates in 2 days. One, already done, last night. I'm going to do this tonight. They also added ability to turn off with long-press key
Screenshot_20191218_181520_com.sennheiser.control.jpg

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #125 of 657
I received 2 updates in 2 days. One, already done, last night. I'm going to do this tonight. They also added ability to turn off with long-press key
Refreshing to see them issuing some comprehensive release notes, making some solid bug fixes, but also clearly listening to customer feedback - hence the long press to power off. :thumbsup:

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #126 of 657
Turning the headphones off doesn’t work? Mine goes into pairing mode? Or do I hold it even longer ? Feels weird.
You have to press the multifunction button between vol up/down, it works

Dec 19, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #127 of 657
Refreshing to see them issuing some comprehensive release notes, making some solid bug fixes, but also clearly listening to customer feedback - hence the long press to power off. :thumbsup:
Yes, indeed! Maybe they could have made this option available even to turn the headphones on, without having to close and reopen

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #128 of 657
You have to press the multifunction button between vol up/down, it works

Hah! indeed I found it out right after I posted.... It works!

Tested it using the AUX cable for a very short time, for me it feels like the sound gets worse but I'm still unsure because it was only one song. How do you feel about it? I wanted to know if you can use the headphone without having to use the battery.

Dec 19, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #129 of 657
Hah! indeed I found it out right after I posted.... It works!

Tested it using the AUX cable for a very short time, for me it feels like the sound gets worse but I'm still unsure because it was only one song. How do you feel about it? I wanted to know if you can use the headphone without having to use the battery.
I'm sorry, I don't use headphones with cable, but always in bluetooth with my smartphone or TV

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #131 of 657
Is there anyone who can say something about the sound quality using the wire when turning the headphones off after the new update?

I'm using them in that way right now with a Grant Fidelity TubeDAC 11 and think it makes a noticeable jump switching the power off. Instruments have more separation, feels a little airier in the top-end, and goes a lot louder. After a brief listen, I'd say it is a flatter response with a little less in the low end, and more in the upper-mids and top. Guessing this might be the result of some default EQ that may be applied, or simply the effect of the onboard amps.

I like it. Really nice to have the option there for a slightly more detailed, flatter response with the power off, or the more signature warm sound that the onboard amps and processing give.

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #132 of 657
Hi all. I'm looking to pick up a pair of M3's and wondering if anyone with a pair could help me. I've currently got a pair of Dali IO6 but they have a noticeable hiss/static when music isn't playing that I find really distracting. Do the Senn's have a quiet noise floor? Thanks for any help!!

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #134 of 657
I'm using them in that way right now with a Grant Fidelity TubeDAC 11 and think it makes a noticeable jump switching the power off. Instruments have more separation, feels a little airier in the top-end, and goes a lot louder. After a brief listen, I'd say it is a flatter response with a little less in the low end, and more in the upper-mids and top. Guessing this might be the result of some default EQ that may be applied, or simply the effect of the onboard amps.

I like it. Really nice to have the option there for a slightly more detailed, flatter response with the power off, or the more signature warm sound that the onboard amps and processing give.

Do you think it needs an amp when using the headphones powered off?

I just used it without an amp and I definitely feel the same about what you just said. Instruments have indeed more seperations but the sound overall is less warm. I'm still not sure if I like it though.

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #135 of 657
Hi all. I'm looking to pick up a pair of M3's and wondering if anyone with a pair could help me. I've currently got a pair of Dali IO6 but they have a noticeable hiss/static when music isn't playing that I find really distracting. Do the Senn's have a quiet noise floor? Thanks for any help!!
I hear a kind of white noise, barely perceptible if I'm not playing music and ONLY with ANC activated. I do not find it annoying because when the music is playing it is absolutely not noticeable and without music to realize that there is I have to turn off/turn on the ANC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back