Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Nov 16, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #91 of 657
Fantastic sounding headphones. I already mentioned it in the PX7 thread. Really fell in love with the sound of these in the last 2 days.

Strange that this seems to be a very quiet thread here. Are people not appreciating the new Momentums or what? :)

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #92 of 657
Fantastic sounding headphones. I already mentioned it in the PX7 thread. Really fell in love with the sound of these in the last 2 days.

Strange that this seems to be a very quiet thread here. Are people not appreciating the new Momentums or what? :)
Love my Momentum 3s. The best sounding Wireless Headphones to date. Them and the Dali iO-6. I’m currently back and forth with both the Dalis and Momentums. My plan was to return one, but not sure I can. Two different approaches to sound. I call the Momentums a modern audiophile sound with excitement and dynamics for days, while the Dalis are a traditional audiophile sound with loads of detail and transparency.

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #94 of 657
I store my headphone on a headphone stand, so when I take it off, I want to just be able to switch it off and put it on the stand. In this case, I have to take it off, close it to turn the headphone off, then hold the multi function button for 4 seconds while opening them back up to have the headphone open and OFF. Stupid.

Hi, I use a stand too and the battery drains when wired and left on the stand. I mainly use them with my PC as wired, BT is great but I'd like to use a DAC/Amp combo. Surely battery drain shouldn't occur if wired?

Tried what dbdynsty25 mentioned to turn off when not in use, however I cannot get them to turn off.

Right now the battery is completely dead and I'm using them wired... fine but none of the controls work, no volume or start/pause etc.

Am I missing something or is this how there are suppose to function?

Thanks

Nov 17, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #95 of 657
Do you think I could use these with the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter for the iPhone/iPad?

Haven't got the adapter myself yet, just curious :dt880smile:

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #96 of 657
I have mentioned this before, I think it was in the PX7 thread, that I noticed the quiet high audio leakage at higher volumes on the Momentums. Is this a problem for anybody?

I sometimes love to just blast the music with these headphones but when I do people around me in the house are not very delighted about it :D

What's your take on that?

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #97 of 657
I have mentioned this before, I think it was in the PX7 thread, that I noticed the quiet high audio leakage at higher volumes on the Momentums. Is this a problem for anybody?

I sometimes love to just blast the music with these headphones but when I do people around me in the house are not very delighted about it :D

What's your take on that?

This is something I always test with new cans, and no one complained of any sound leakage. I do listen at a decent volume, not excessively so, but loud enough (for my ears at least).

The worst offender for leakage are my old QC35i’s, which really do not need to be that loud to be annoying others.

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #98 of 657
I was sitting on the couch in the evening (the room was quiet otherwise mind you) and listening at around 60-70% volume with the Momentums on my iPhone XS Max and my wife was clearly able to name the songs I was listening to. Then I read the leakage test on rtings site and they also claim that the new Momentums are very average at best when it comes to leaking sound. Might not be a problem very often but in very quiet environments they are not the best choice for cranking up the volume it seems :D

Nov 19, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #99 of 657
Btw: The original QC35 you mentioned got a better leakage rating at 6.6 than the new Momentums at just 6.1.

Only the old QC25 have a worse rating at 5.9...

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #100 of 657
I'm using mine with 2.0.3 firmware and not hearing any hiss/white noise out of either driver. I also don't have a problem with the auto-pause function triggering while I'm wearing the headphones. It works reliably when I take them off which is nice.

The only issue I have is when I first unfold the headphones and they connect to my phone they seem to be at max volume and won't drop down to the right volume until after playback for a second or two. That max volume setting is painfully loud. I'm hoping the new firmware helps with this...will see if it makes a difference.

Nov 21, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #102 of 657
Try resetting your headphones (via app) and then make them forget about the app. Then redo the pairing process with app and should notify you of the update availability

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #105 of 657
I am and 2.0.3 is the latest I see on my second pair of these. But I know this isn’t the latest as it’s missing the Alexa was integration.

Any tips on how to force the update, or has it been pulled?

That is the issue then. I have an iPad and iPhone and neither were displaying the update within the app. Both are on iOS 13.

After speaking with Sennheiser, they told me that currently the headphones can only be updated through the app on Android & Pre iOS 13 devices, due to an issue with the current version of iOS.

Borrowed relatives Android tablet, installed Smart Control, then update appeared and installed.

They currently don’t have a timeframe as to when the iOS issue will be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back