Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless - The Official Thread
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #469 of 657
Senn has no clue about software. They are good only on passive headphones, this is their thing. Since software is a big part of wireless BT, Senn is just not able to compete in this aspect with computer giants.
That may be true, but why would companies like JBL or Bose have better implemented software?
Anyway, I'll have to deal with those bugs for the time being. In every other aspect I'm happy with them. Although, like you say, software is a big part of wireless bt.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #470 of 657
That may be true, but why would companies like JBL or Bose have better implemented software?
Anyway, I'll have to deal with those bugs for the time being. In every other aspect I'm happy with them. Although, like you say, software is a big part of wireless bt.
Bose also has its own issues especially when trying to connect in 2 devices. Not as buggy as Senn but still buggy, especially on Apple devices which I exclusively use. So it’s only Apple headphones for me, like the APM, since they know the software job much much better.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #472 of 657
What issues are you experiencing with the app or the firmware?
Automatic on/off when taking them out was not working, or sometimes they were turning themselves off when I was just turning my head left or right thinking i am taking them out when I wasn’t. When connected to both iPad and iPhone when notification was coming on iPhone music was stopping for like 10 seconds!! What are you asking?? It’s full of bugs, as simple as that.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #473 of 657
What issues are you experiencing with the app or the firmware?
It pauses the reproduction sometimes. I don't know if it is because I've just moved my head to one side. Some times it just happens, no reason that I can figure out.
Other times, I have to turn them off and on several times to pair to one of the two devices already on the devices list.
Or it will look like it's playing music but I have no sound and I need to switch them off, switch them on, pair again...
Also, that voice that tells you when one of the paired devices is disconnected. It just won't shut up. Imagine you have the headphones paired with your computer at work and your phone. You leave work and the voice keeps telling you the device is disconnected for...ever!!!
I had to turn off voice notifications. But then you need to turn them on if you want to know if you're actually pairing, because it doesn't always work that you push the button for 5 seconds and then it goes into pairing mode.
Well, there are a few issues!

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #474 of 657
Okay, so that's quite a few issues it seems. I'm wondering if these are isolated examples or something fairly common. There's a Sennheiser rep on these forums I believe. I'm wondering if they're aware of these issues?

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #475 of 657
It pauses the reproduction sometimes. I don't know if it is because I've just moved my head to one side. Some times it just happens, no reason that I can figure out.
Not sure if it’s in the user guide or if I read it on this thread or faq, but after turning on the headphone you should wait a few seconds for the sensors to calibrate before putting them on your head. I normally wait until the first pairing and never again had any unwanted pauses.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #476 of 657
I've only had mine about a week and they are pretty buggy.

Regarding pausing. Mine never paused music when I didn't want them to. But Netflix and YouTube are completely unwatchable on my Windows 10 laptop when paired with BT. I haven't tried a different PC yet. But they pause every few seconds even when I'm motionless. And even after I disabled smart pause. I managed to use them by unpairing and using the audio cable.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #477 of 657
Would I be able to control both the MTW2 IEMs and Momentum 3 headphones using the Sennheiser Smart Control app on my phone? It would be good if that's possible!

Yes. Both devices run off of the same app.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #479 of 657
I got mine yesterday. The firmware update took about an hour!!! It was saying 300+ minutes for a while. I closed all other apps on my iPhone apart from the Sennheiser app and that helped a little.

Charging is curious. It looks like the supplied USB-C cable has to be used. My iPhone music app (Neutron Music Player) auto-starts when I unfold the headphones, which might become an issue for me.

Initial thoughts on sound quality: pretty good!

Tried wobbling my head whilst wearing them and there some movement and creaking, but it's at acceptable levels for me. Wearing glasses whilst wearing them reduces the seal a little.

Those are just my initial thoughts.

Jul 27, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #480 of 657
Quick question to any recent Momentum 3 owners or those who have a good memory.

I just purchased the White Momentum 3. I originally owned the Black Momentum 3 shortly after release but sold them as more and more wireless ANC headphones came out I wanted to try.

The question I have is are the black ear pads stiff when you first get them? These white ear pads are much stiffer and harder than I remember the black ear pads being. These also creak more than I remember. Is there a difference in the white and black materials for those who've experienced both? These just feel cheaper to me than what I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back