Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired
Aug 18, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #213 of 221
Sep 5, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #214 of 221
I've been very happen with my momentum 2.0 except for the stock cable, so on Friday I received my Wireworld cables, the Nano Eclipse.
The purpose of this purchase was simple to replace the flimsy stock cable with zero expectation of getting any huge sound quality upgrade, but to my surprise these cable made quit the sound quality upgrade, I don't use these with a phone, there used with my AK player so I don't need the connected remote or mic.

I posted some picks below it's a really nice upgrade with a vey high quality connector.

Sep 5, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #215 of 221
I don't mean to crap on your new purchase, but I foresee that cable causing you real problems. It sticks out WAY too far coming off the earcups, which will brush against your shoulders, shirts and coat collars, causing high levels of microphonics.

I learned this when I made my own cable. I had to redo the 2.5mm end, making it much shorter.

If you don't find this to be true, then I'm happy to be wrong. I do hope it works for you.

Sep 5, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #216 of 221
I appreciate the input pinky but up to now and I've worn them all weekend and have had zero issues. By the way did you find an improvement with your cable upgrades? I've never been a believer. But this change made a nice improvement.

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #217 of 221
I felt like maybe I did, but it wasn't drastic. Plus, I made that cable out of nothing more than OFC, so I wouldn't expect that to be any better than whatever's in the stock cable.

Probably just my brain playing tricks on me.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #218 of 221
I found them for a reasonable price at 220 euros (233 u.s dollars) and i went for it.

I was always curious how they perform as i never owned the first version and i really hope they are as good as most people say cause i really need a more musical sound on the go than my M100.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #219 of 221
I've just bought a set today after my m100s packed in. Initial impressions are extremely positive.

I mainly listen to rock and metal and the m100 just didn't give me enough in the midrange - everything was hidden behind the searing bass. The M2s have a much wider and deeper soundstage and better separation between the instruments.

I reckon you'll be pleased. There's still enough bass presence for them to sound intense and engaging, but it doesn't dominate proceedings by any stretch of the imagination.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #220 of 221
I've had my M2s for a year and a half now and love them.  With my ibasso DX50 they are plenty warm and full enough for me, with enough detail that I use them to test my vinyl rips for clicks and pops.  They're very comfortable for long stretches, block out noise well (on my daily bus commute), keep the music in at work, and they're really durable with their steel headband and flexible frame.  Very very glad I bought them.

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #221 of 221
Well, now I've had my M2s for more than two years, and I felt like the earpads had lost a lot of their firmness, so I decided to replace them. It seems Sennheiser hasn't stocked the official replacements for a long time, though the product listing remains. So I bought some off-brand replacements from Amazon. With the help of Youtube videos I got the old pads off without damaging anything, but I'm damned if I can get those replacement pads on.

I can't be sure whether it's just my technique --- everyone online agrees it's hard to do --- or whether the pads I bought are actually a little small. They seem shorter than the original pads.

Has anyone bought replacement pads that definitely fit well? Are there any generic replacement pads (like from Brainwavz) that will do it?

I sure wish the plastic ovals on the M2s unsnapped the way they do on my HD497s, because then it would be very easy.

[edit]After more than two hours of careful but intense struggle I got ONE of the two pads on. It fits, but wow that wasn't easy. I had to really stretch the pleather at the end and to use an eyeglasses screwdriver to push the last edges into the tiny little crevice. Hope the next one's easier --- now at least I know the pad isn't too small.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back