Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired
Apr 25, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #61 of 221
I just picked up a new set of M2 I'm completely digging them. The build quality is top notch. I believe its some of the best bass I've ever heard not loose not too much not too little just perfect. I just bought the new Fiio X3 II and they pair together very well. I just can't get over deadmau5 while album it's amazing with these headphones. Track #26 Seeya is one of my favorites. Simply fantastic!!!

Apr 26, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #63 of 221
  Glad you enjoy them...

Is there a difference in audio quality between the Wired version and the BT version operating in Wired more? I only ask because I haven't been reading too many nice things about the BT version and am wondering if the wired version might be a bit different? Stupid question 
tongue.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #64 of 221

Is there a difference in audio quality between the Wired version and the BT version operating in Wired more? I only ask because I haven't been reading too many nice things about the BT version and am wondering if the wired version might be a bit different? Stupid question 
tongue.gif

LIttle difference in sound quality IMO. Especially between BT and USB DAC mode. The main difference I noticed with the wired (non-active mode) and BT mode was that the BT mode had a much wider soundstage. Maybe a bit more controlled bass, but as far as I know, not significant of a change.

Apr 26, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #65 of 221
  LIttle difference in sound quality IMO. Especially between BT and USB DAC mode. The main difference I noticed with the wired (non-active mode) and BT mode was that the BT mode had a much wider soundstage. Maybe a bit more controlled bass, but as far as I know, not significant of a change.

I should have worded it differently. I meant is there a sound different between the non BT version vs the Wireless M2 running in wired more. I am asking because of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKIAIhH--M&spfreload=10

Apr 26, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #66 of 221

I should have worded it differently. I meant is there a sound different between the non BT version vs the Wireless M2 running in wired more. I am asking because of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKIAIhH--M&spfreload=10

Yes... I have had the M2 wired and wireless. I made a mistake and returned the wired M2 because I was able to get the wireless for the same price. Logic told me they would be the same in wired mode so I thought why not have the option of BT as well. I was mistaken, there are sound differences between the wired and wireless(passive or active). I have returned the wireless ones and repurchased the wired version.

Sorry if you see this posted elsewhere it has come up on 3 different threads today so I copied and pasted my reply.

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #67 of 221
Was at best buy today and hadn't realized the M2 had come out in the non wireless version. Had to give them a shot as they had a demo pair out and they fixed all of my complaints from a physical standpoint (ear cup size and folding). Of course the demo kiosk didn't work but at least I could see if they fit and they def did.

My other set of potable headphones is a set of M100s I've been running for a couple years now. I like em...but I don't love them. A bit too recessed in the midrange and even w the XL ear pads they can become fatiguing from a comfort standpoint. That is the only reason I really have looked elsewhere.

After wearing them for a few hours I may have found the perfect headphone for me. More even mid range...a nice low end and smooth highs. All in an extremely comfortable package. I've got a few new DAPs coming this week to try out (D90 and A&K 100ii) so I'll be able to do a lot of comparisons.

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #68 of 221
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone who has owned / auditioned a couple of these headphones can offer me any brief opinions regarding my question...
* Momentum 2.0 - Wired
* NAD Viso HP50
* Sony MDR-7520
I auditioned the HP50 the other day, really liked it and was on the brink of buying it ... but they didn't have it in black. So may be ordering it through the same shop tomorrow. Nowhere for me to listen to the other two where I live. The Sony has been on my wish-list for about a year now. I'm after a closed can. I'm confident from what I've read that any of these 3 will satisfy my expectations with regards to bass. But my question is regarding treble and degree of detail retrieval... I now know that my hearing is well-less than ideal up in the treble range. So I decided I don't want a warm sound signature. I enjoy my HE-500 and IE80's so I would like a phone that gives very good levels of detail (don't care about it being 'forgiving' to compressed / low-quality recordings). Should I just get myself the MDR-7520 (which I've read heaps about) or how would these other 2 compare in terms of clarity, treble? I would love to order these new momentums as they are just such a premium looking product. I was really impressed with the sound of the NAD, but it did sound warm to me, compared with the other cans that I was auditioning and getting close to buying - the Audio-Technica ATH-AX900LTD - which I have since ruled out because they really would be strictly only suitable for use at home.

So yeah, any observations on sound quality in terms of detail and treble quality comparing these headphones would be much appreciated. I don't think I want a very non-fatiguing, smooth kind of sounding headphone.

May 4, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #72 of 221
May 4, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #74 of 221
Sorry the link wasn't working. Buysonic has the 2.0 for 319.00. The 249.00 deal was on for a few days but it appears as they were selling them the price gradually increased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back