Sennheiser MM 450 Travel and the WOWee One, for the traveling Head-Fi'ers - Head-Fi TV, Episode 007
Jul 13, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #47 of 57
I paired MM450 with my ipod video (MM450 -> BTD 300 audio -> amp -> ipod video).  When I listening to music, I can pair MM450 to my iphone 3GS simultaneously.  I can hear some noise in the background.  Then I tried make call and answer call.  It worked without any problem.  I didn't read through the user manual but it seems MM450 provide mutli-point like feature.

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #48 of 57

Quote:

As for APT-X, while it helps, its not really that big of a deal compared to testing another product crappy stereo BT product VSMM400 or similar proper made BT audio products like some of the very expensive speaker docks that supports BT stereo.

The other reason for Apt-X is that it reduces latency.  Watching movies is pretty much impossible for me using standard Bluetooth A2DP because of the half second or so lag.  It is curious that Sennheiser has Apt-X support for some of its headphones, but doesn't have it on the flagship MM 450 and 550 models

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #49 of 57
Hey guys,

I'm actually working for the Wowee One at the moment and I noticed a couple of questions/comments that I thought I could try and answer.  

Quote:
i think the  Wowee one does pretty well. i have no experience with the Jambox or FoxL but i see they are in a different price range. i havent tested mine,but the Wowee is supposed to get up to 20  hours per charge. anybody found the sticky pads in stock online?

Yes you're right, the Wowee One plays for up to 20 hours on one charge. You can buy the gel pads on the Wowee One website or through the Wowee One Facebook page shop. 

Quote:
I got the WOWee One Speakers. I love them a lot.
cool.gif

Really glad you're enjoying them! If you'd like to win another one there's a competition over on our Facebook page where you can find out more. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, and enjoy your Wowee Ones! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #51 of 57
A quick question for those with the MM450 (or M550) - when using the included cable (ie with bluetooth off), does the sound quality improve? Does it sound just as good as the other Senns that use the same body when used with the cable? (such as the PXC 310, which is basically the MM450 without the bluetooth).

I guess I am asking if the MM450 is basically exactly the same sound quality as the PXC 310 when used with the cable (or if the MM550 is the same sound quality as the PX 360 when cabled). I would assume they have the same drivers and accoustic properties...

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #52 of 57
I have the same question.

Quote:
A quick question for those with the MM450 (or M550) - when using the included cable (ie with bluetooth off), does the sound quality improve? Does it sound just as good as the other Senns that use the same body when used with the cable? (such as the PXC 310, which is basically the MM450 without the bluetooth).

I guess I am asking if the MM450 is basically exactly the same sound quality as the PXC 310 when used with the cable (or if the MM550 is the same sound quality as the PX 360 when cabled). I would assume they have the same drivers and accoustic properties...

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #53 of 57
I have the same question.

I short no does not sound like the others - its a lot better! Main point being the tuned units + tuned amplification [+ tuned BT transceiver]. No internal amp in a consumer device will ever come near that of course - klonky HiFi stuff we nerds love here exuded as they hardly are movable and permit headphones of a totally different caliber.

Long answer is of course if you deactivate everything including the battery powered build in amplifier then yes they might be close but just the enclosure difference and tuning will make it off some - never really tried thought as I never had a PXC 310 to compare with at the same time doing exactly that since its rather pointless.
The hole point for using these is that you have some device without a build in amplification device since your on the move or you would use something better for that like HD5xx or something at least. I'm sure if you used a battery powered amp + high-end IEM [+ dedicated BT device] you can come near these or beat them depending on tastes but again that hardly counts as the external amp will be a lot of price+weight in the equation.

Also the internal amp is awesome hence why the battery is exchangeable. I have no idea what the batteries costs but we have 2-4 laying around charged or charging so we never run dry between destinations.

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #54 of 57
I have been tinkering around with Senn HD25-1 ii's and Bluetooth receivers:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/568795/bluetooth-sennheiser-hd25-1-ii-my-search-for-decent-bluetooth-headphones

I tried with a Fiio E5 amp but found the sound quality was worse than without so just using a Sony DRC-BT60 Bluetooth receiver now and it is great!

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #57 of 57
MM450 or MM550 are overpriced for the sound quality you're getting, its horrible , nice feature tough, head to the QC15 for more. In my country MM550 cost as much as Hd650 but sounds like $100 headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back