Sennheiser is getting annoying...
Mar 7, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by fante7
Why does it matter?

Because Sennheiser will soon become the great evil empire, a la bose and apple. This must not come to be.

Mar 7, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Nope, can't say as though I have. Most non head-fiers I've talked to believe Bose to be the best.

Same here. I actually wish someone would tell me that Sennheiser is the best. Practically everyone I know regards Bose Triports as the pinnacle of high-end audio.

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Because Sennheiser will soon become the great evil empire, a la bose and apple. This must not come to be.

Hah! Apple is not evil!
biggrin.gif
...but it did flirt with evil when the 20th anniversary Macintosh came out with BOSE speakers!
very_evil_smiley.gif
However, in spite of BOSE engineering, no other computer sounded that good up to that point. Later Apple repented of it's apostasy and hired Harman Kardon instead, though AFAIK that wasn't much of an improvement.

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #49 of 52
I once met this fellow who believed COBY was the best!
rolleyes.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
my only caveat is that to me it seems if a company has too much success than they start to make products for the general public rather than the audiophile...ie sony starting to make cheap stuff to appeal to the mass market more with the eventual degradation of their lines...
i hope that ety/shure/and especially senn doesnt go down this route. i even think the quality at grado will get worse as they become a bigger company...but that is the market....a new startup will they capture our fancy and the cycle begins again

i agree.

But i think this person believing that senn is the "creme de la creme" is a good thing. At least they are not praising Bose. Until senn starts turning into bose and stops producing good cans and starts producing utter crap, then i think this is great news.

Remember, this person thinks senn is the best, and it so happens that many people in the head-fi world, if not the majority, also believe sennheiser to be the best.

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Altorfer
Hah! Apple is not evil!
biggrin.gif
...but it did flirt with evil when the 20th anniversary Macintosh came out with BOSE speakers!
very_evil_smiley.gif
However, in spite of BOSE engineering, no other computer sounded that good up to that point. Later Apple repented of it's apostasy and hired Harman Kardon instead, though AFAIK that wasn't much of an improvement.

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Those things had BOSE speakers in them!? My God, that machine was EVIL enough as it is! The pricetag, the "Red Carpet" service that came with it...

Hah, Seinfeld had one of those computers on the show for a while. But he too lost touch with the average man... ending his comedy career!

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEr1c
i agree.

But i think this person believing that senn is the "creme de la creme" is a good thing. At least they are not praising Bose. Until senn starts turning into bose and stops producing good cans and starts producing utter crap, then i think this is great news.

Remember, this person thinks senn is the best, and it so happens that many people in the head-fi world, if not the majority, also believe sennheiser to be the best.

I think it's very important to do a quick look-around on these boards. Sennheiser headphones are really the most owned brand here... though Grado's got to be close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back