SENNHEISER INVITES YOU TO BE PART OF HISTORY - (Seeking participants)
Nov 19, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #46 of 183
Envoriments - I listen to music, and moves to a lesser degree, while at home, at work, at the gym, in the air (I travel a lot for work), on the train, etc. so I would cover plenty of listening enviroments. 
Music - I have a collection of well over a thousand albums that cover just about every genre I am aware of
Source - I plug headphones into my PC, my phone, my tablet, my MP3 player and the modest audiophile setup I have setup at home.  For actualy media source I use everything from MP3/Flac to CD to DVD/Bluray.  I have some vinyl as well.
Compare - I have a 1/2 dozen headsets that I currently use on a regular basis - good quality ear buds, noise canceling headphones, cheap buds I can use at the gym without worry, phones for critial listening...  Also worth calling out I have a good set of speakers at home.

I think this makes me a good candidate.  Hope you agree!

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #47 of 183
hd800 is perhaps the best open dynamic headphones I've heard so far, personally prefer it to orthos like lcd2 and he500.. Would like to listen to the new coming model if possible, be it either something between the hd800 and hd6xx series or a new flagship (or finally a high-end closed model from Sennheiser orz)

btw I'm staying with a friend owning the hd600 so a direct comparison is possible..

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #48 of 183
I've only owned the IE7 and IE8.  Currently still own the IE8 and I consider it one if my favorite iem's still.  I've only auditioned the HD-25ii and HD600 for a brief period and thought they sounded fantastic.  I'd love to hear more of Sennheiser's products since I've never really been able to except the two iem's I've owned.  

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #49 of 183
I'm just 17 years old and I (have) own(ed) a lot of sennheiser products and I love them piece by piece. Obviously, I only have Sennheiser in ears (IE8, cx300-II,cx400-II,cx-400, cx880)and I really would like to hear how the 'Sennheiser Sound' comes to life on a pair of headphones! My review would be really interesting as it will be from the perspective of an IEM user.

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #50 of 183
hmmm.some worthy contenders. this does look interesting. well good luck. all i can say is i make everything 20% cooler no contest.

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #51 of 183
I've owned 7 different Sennheisers over the years and have heard many more, across your entire product line.  While I own many other brands, I still consider my HD650's with my Burson HA160D and my IE7's to be my go-to headphones for at home or on-the-go respectively.  I'm very accustomed to the Sennheiser sound and consider it to be my reference when I listen to all other headphones.  While I don't have much history writing audio reviews due to time constraints on my part, I would love to hear your new headphone and make my grandest effort at such.

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #52 of 183
As a DJ, Producer, and student currently working on a sound engineering major it would be an honor to try a new unreleased pair of Sennheiser headphones. I love every aspect of high fidelity.

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #53 of 183
I would love to have the opportunity to hear an unreleased headphone from Sennheiser. The HD600s are my go to pair of headphones at home and the HD25-1 II are my go to pair of headphones while I'm on the go. I've loved the Sennheiser sound from the first listen and I'm interested to see how these new cans compare to my go-to reference headphones.

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #54 of 183
The HD 800's are one of the best headphones I've ever heard, I don't own one but I listen to it often. That said, if this new headphone is a HD 850 or an improved version of the HD 800, I will be extremely happy If I'm selected. I'm also familiar with the HD 600, and the HD 558. They are all great headphones, but again an improved HD800 that doesn't get nicks would be the ultimate.

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #55 of 183
I would love to be given this opportunity. I think I am a good candidate, as I am a very honest person with a moderate experience in Head-Fi. Being a relative new-comer to the scene, I can appreciate even lower-end products for their strengths. I also have access to a wide variety of headphones, as many audiophile friends of mine live within driving distance, and we all know A/B-ing is the best way to compare headphones.

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #57 of 183
i wonder if most realized the rep wants at least 100 words explaining why you would like to do this thing...that you want to do. some of you aren't trying hard enough. just a heads up.

''Reply to this thread with no more then 100 words''

never mind. i stand corrected. also kinda fixed the ''than'' word if no one notice cause i don't think 100 was compared to anything. go back to what you guys were doing. i made a simple mistake.

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #58 of 183
I am not as knowledgeable about Sennheiser phones as some of the others here, but do own and enjoy many of them. I remember the first time I heard my HD595s. I was immediately taken to a new level of sound many would consider an eargasm. They simply put a huge smile on my face and made me grin from ear to ear. I will always remember listening to Sade for the first time using them it was an experience I will never forget. It was indeed the HD595 that lead me to become an enthusiast.

As a business owner and family man. I like to represent the common guy and write many threads about great sounding cheaper alternatives most will skip on here at headfi. I know the majority of the guys here on this thread would qualify more so than myself but if I am chosen I will do my best to review and listen to them with a street perspective..

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #59 of 183
I would be excited by the prospect of trying new headphones.  I'm a QA engineer by profession, and love giving critiques.  Unfortunately, like most head-fiers, my critical ear is hard on my wallet, but I have enjoyed experiencing a range of headphones and audio gear, and the prospect of doing it for free is a refreshing novelty.

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #60 of 183
 When it comes to this hobby, it is easy and almost expected to become caught up in the technicalities of equipment and gear. I have tried to take a step back and keep in mind that this hobby is really about the love of music. Sennheiser has certainly helped me keep that goal and being selected to be a part of Sennheiser history would be an honor and a privilege.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back