Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jul 26, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #1,381 of 7,998
Quote:
If they are genuine, why wouldn't Sennheiser warrant them?

Go to this page and register them for warranty.

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/services/register-your-product

After doing this Sennheiser will send you a reply e-mail confirming, unless yours are fakes, in which case they will tell you that somethidg is wrong.

Done that,they registered ok... the seller has now said Sennheiser HK is contacting Sennheiser Germany about "my case" and he will get back to me.

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #1,383 of 7,998
Update:

I opened a Paypal case against the seller about 1 week ago and he says he is waiting for Sennheiser to send him a replacement pair.

In the meantime though he thought he would crack open a sealed pair,test them and then send them to me.
I said I would rather get sent a sealed pair.
But interestingly he said the pair he opened had the same problem as the pair I returned,he said he heard a vibrating noise also but only in the right ear piece and in the low frequency range.
He said he would now wait until the replacement pair arrive.
Maybe he got sent a bad batch of ie800's

I am now waiting for Sennheiser to send him the replacement pair.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #1,384 of 7,998
Interesting I haven't got the crackling sound problem, but I have heard of someone mentioning it on a Chinese forum:
http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1497238

Also isn't the IE800 under international warranty? At least the one I got from Australia is. How does Sennheiser's international warranty work?

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #1,386 of 7,998
I also notice crackling from my IE800, but it seems to only occur when I listen to low quality files, I'm currently re ripping my library in flac.
I love these earphones they have been the only pair I can genuinely see a massive difference between mp3 and flac.
Despite the minor crackle, best I've ever owned

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #1,387 of 7,998
Quote:
I also notice crackling from my IE800, but it seems to only occur when I listen to low quality files, I'm currently re ripping my library in flac.
I love these earphones they have been the only pair I can genuinely see a massive difference between mp3 and flac.
Despite the minor crackle, best I've ever owned

Is it just the right piece or both or left ?

My crackle is heard when I am listening to high quality files.... I can hear it on a song,I will then swap over to my ie80 and there is no crackle.

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #1,388 of 7,998
Is it just the right piece or both or left ?

My crackle is heard when I am listening to high quality files.... I can hear it on a song,I will then swap over to my ie80 and there is no crackle.
Its both, but like I said it's only if I files below a certain quality. I assumed it was because of the wide band in the ie800.

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #1,389 of 7,998
I might as well add a data point here. I've never heard any crackle in sound from any music file and from any player. that goes down to 192 kbps mp3 on an iphone to a few FLACS on my computer. I hear the same distortion that exists in some poorly mastered and bass heavy modern songs that I hear from full size headphones or speakers. But no crackling or other artifacts that aren't heard elsewhere.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #1,391 of 7,998
Hearing the flaws in a recording isn't a flaw at all.

A one-sided crackle that occurs on all recordings of all qualities in the same way sounds like a driver problem. I hope it can get fixed. Warranties can be important and worth spending a little more for big-ticket items.

Aug 10, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #1,392 of 7,998
Hearing the flaws in a recording isn't a flaw at all.

A one-sided crackle that occurs on all recordings of all qualities in the same way sounds like a driver problem. I hope it can get fixed. Warranties can be important and worth spending a little more for big-ticket items.

It's not all the same data format, it's definitely an issue with some of my files, I've even heard a crackle mid way through a flac once, but I guess it depends on the quality of the converting too, the files that have suffered were downloads all my rips are fine.

Aug 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,394 of 7,998
Glad to hear it.

I've been listening to the ie800s I bought from crutchfield so I have 60 days to return them if I don't like them.

I also had already bought a thin, non-woven fabric to use as a filter (nicer than the teabags people were using). This was Rin Choi's suggestion and I got it on Ebay for a low price. I haven't burned them in or tried them without the filter yet.

So far I'm still in the honeymoon phase, these are very nice! You really have to wear them over the ear. It's very possible to wear them this way for me, so no worries there. I could even run with them this way, which was a little bit surprising.

Maybe because I'm getting Sennheiser's second (or later) manufacturing batch, there are no problems with harshness, so the vents in back are doing their job. I like the sub-bass, the midrange clarity and in my honeymoon phase with the non-woven fiber filter, even the treble timbre is not an issue (I reserve the right to change my mind with time). I'm using these mostly commuting, the isolation is just enough for that, at least in the three days I've had them.

So far, so good! The IE800 are a nice experience for me as a fan a dynamic drivers and someone who is willing to try a simple mod.

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,395 of 7,998
Quote:
Glad to hear it.

I've been listening to the ie800s I bought from crutchfield so I have 60 days to return them if I don't like them.

I also had already bought a thin, non-woven fabric to use as a filter (nicer than the teabags people were using). This was Rin Choi's suggestion and I got it on Ebay for a low price. I haven't burned them in or tried them without the filter yet.

So far I'm still in the honeymoon phase, these are very nice! You really have to wear them over the ear. It's very possible to wear them this way for me, so no worries there. I could even run with them this way, which was a little bit surprising.

Maybe because I'm getting Sennheiser's second (or later) manufacturing batch, there are no problems with harshness, so the vents in back are doing their job. I like the sub-bass, the midrange clarity and in my honeymoon phase with the non-woven fiber filter, even the treble timbre is not an issue (I reserve the right to change my mind with time). I'm using these mostly commuting, the isolation is just enough for that, at least in the three days I've had them.

So far, so good! The IE800 are a nice experience for me as a fan a dynamic drivers and someone who is willing to try a simple mod.

How would you stack up the Aurisonics AS-2 to these?

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back