Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jun 16, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,261 of 7,998
Quote:

Can't you use a clip to clip it to other shirts. unless you're going shirtless then clip them to your nipples (lol just kidding).
tongue.gif

basshead.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #1,263 of 7,998
Hi guys is been so long since I see this topic! today I wan to express my point of view of the sennheiser ie800 that I got a month or so ago...and I Really Really like it!

I use it with iPod classic , CLAS and jds lab cmoybb...

I 1st listen it with iPhone 5 and the sound is very clear , fully detail . tight and deep bass but a bit bright sounding ...but still very pleasant to hear...

after switching it to my full gear as mention above the sound is much much more amazing...

1st song genre (Rock) AC/DC - back in black my favorite song , 1st thing I notice is the drum bass.. is so realistic.. the drum bass sounded like a cake with so many layer going through and is like 'Dummhph' and it was so much enjoyment!! and the high pitch vocal sound laid back and a little warm and yet full of detail... and finally the treble and soundstage... the treble is beautifully smooth , detail and clear .. not harsh at all...the soundstage is amazing on this song.. is like listening in a hall... it sound made me speechless ... truly enjoyment!

2nd song genre ( techno/ electro ) Ricky Romero - Toulouse(original mix) , oh man..I admit I don have a golden ear like most of u all have... but my ear don lie to me on this song... Damn.. it was like a virtual club for me or something like that.. The bass..the soundstage ..never heard a sound like that before...

nuff said... I truly understand that most of u can't withstand the bass of the ie800 but I truly truly enjoy it...the sound signature is so revealing and fresh.. is fun to listen..so far I never had any problem listening any genre song with the ie800.. from classic to dubstep... all good..all fun to listen it just depend on ur preference...

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,264 of 7,998
The IE800 to me isn't a meet and love affair.

I didn't like it too initially, but it was the only upgrade from my old IE8s going the universal route.

Now I like it better than I first bought it, I'm skeptical about any driver burn in, but anyone who is
willing to give IE800 the chance and let it do its brain burn, it will do magic.

Lastly to all owners out there, do try out the non-woven fabric mod if the highs does sound harsh.
I've tried 2 layers but found 1 layer to do the trick fine, 2 layers seems to, imo, dampen the overall sound too much.
Oh and get urselves a simple clip to minimize the microphonics.

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,265 of 7,998
Quote:
The IE800 to me isn't a meet and love affair.

I feel like the title of James444's review captures the essence of the IE800. It could taken the world by storm due to its audio performance, but a few sound quirks and ergonomic flunks marred its potential.

Then again, I've yet to meet one TOTL iem that I'd call perfect.

Jun 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,266 of 7,998
was looking forward to comparing the ie800 to the k3003 but struggled to get a decent fit. so I'm not sure if what I heard was a fair representation. didn't have that trouble with the ie80 at all.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #1,267 of 7,998
I can see many of u have fit problem on the ie800.. But I never had any problem using it.. with the medium size oval tips is very comfortable.. and the iem is so light I don even feel a thing most of the time wearing it..

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #1,268 of 7,998
Quote:
was looking forward to comparing the ie800 to the k3003 but struggled to get a decent fit. so I'm not sure if what I heard was a fair representation. didn't have that trouble with the ie80 at all.

Regardless, im still pretty interested in ur comparison. 
Feel free to state your opinions, just let others know u didn't achieve a good fit with the ie800 to begin with.

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,269 of 7,998
Quote:
Regardless, im still pretty interested in ur comparison. 
Feel free to state your opinions, just let others know u didn't achieve a good fit with the ie800 to begin with.

It's really hard to give any impressions on an IEM that you didn't get a good seal with. It's generally a night and day difference and going from unlistenable to meh in most cases.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #1,270 of 7,998
yeah I'm reluctant to comment on the sound based on my experience with them. but I will say that the fit was a problem and I've not had that with the other high end earphones I've been trying. that was enough for me to rule them out. :frowning2:

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #1,271 of 7,998
Just received the Merlin today. Based on first impressions the IE800 and the Merlin share a similar sound.
More details, more treble and tad more more mid-bass for the IE800. More forward and thicker mids for the Merlin.
I've got a good seal with both.

I'll post a full comparison in a few weeks.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #1,272 of 7,998
Quote:
Just received the Merlin today. Based on first impressions the IE800 and the Merlin share a similar sound.
More details, more treble and tad more more mid-bass for the IE800. More forward and thicker mids for the Merlin.
I've got a good seal with both.

I'll post a full comparison in a few weeks.

Can't wait to hear your opinions on these two iems.

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #1,275 of 7,998
How would the ie800 compare to the UM miracles from a soundstage / bass point of view ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back