Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Sep 16, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #288 of 7,998
Same. I even feel the IE8 cable was more durable than the IE80 cable which takes second place IMO for overall durability among Universal IEMs I've seen.

Sep 16, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #289 of 7,998
I really thought the ie80 cable is durable but I was wrong. That has changed my mindset on going with any iem's with fixed cables.

I don't mind making the cable a little thicker and heavier if that's what it takes to last longer.

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #291 of 7,998
Quote:
I had 2 begin to show signs of wear in 2 years. perhaps it was bad luck

This is ultimately the problem for me.  Even if their cable "looks" solid we will not really know until the earphones are several years old.  By then newer and better models will be out anyway.  Alternatively, we have to gamble with $800 that the cable won't die in a few years when generally cables do.

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #292 of 7,998
Can't say that for me, my four year old IE8 cable still looks almost as new - and I'm wearing them over-ear all the time. Best cable I've seen on any IEM.

Do you use ear hooks when wrapping around ears? Cable looking like new after 4 years is hard to believe, unless it is not heavily used or not often taken out.

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #295 of 7,998
Quote:
Interesting how Sennheiser choses to stay with dynamic drivers.

Very interesting in a high-end IEM. It also appears from initial reviews to be a vented design (ear canal at ambient pressure) that still isolates pretty well. Time will tell. 

My theory - supported by certain pictures - is that the IE 800 has been delayed as Sennheiser produces a more practical (smaller) case than the original one that they were displaying. I am cautiously optimistic that it will be worth the wait.

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #296 of 7,998
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #299 of 7,998
It's the same idea as the K3003 case: Keep the case as small as possible for the circumference of the wrapped cable. From what I have seen of the IE 800 cable, you would not want to wrap it too tightly or crumple it up like the a UE or Westone cable. The cable looks to be thicker and higher quality. (Time will tell.)

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #300 of 7,998
does this mean with the release of the video that there on the verge of being available ?

I cant remember if there is an official release date or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back