Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Aug 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #226 of 7,998
Well, I'm a Samsung Galaxy SIII owner, but won't be needing the remote control cable at all. On the other hand, the modular cable is very, very welcome. Imo, the future of portable audio is wireless.

Glad to see Sennheiser trying to cover all basis.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #229 of 7,998
Quote:
"The high-end earphones were developed and designed at Sennheiser's headquarters in Germany and will be produced here too."

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/press_releases_ie_800

Explains the high price tag.

Omg. this gets me so excited! Ahhhh

makes me reconsider buying an IE80 now...

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #230 of 7,998
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #232 of 7,998
hmm I like my dynamic drivers but I am worried these will have elevated bass.  Guess I will have to wait and see.

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #235 of 7,998
Quote:
hmm I like my dynamic drivers but I am worried these will have elevated bass.  Guess I will have to wait and see.

The rear ports are designed to prevent bass bloat so I am guessing that elevated bass is not the targeted sound signature. We will see.

Quote:
God, that video of the guy shoving fuzzy IEMs in my face made me want to punch something.  L2 focal length!

And he has the gall to offer it in 1050HD. More technology than skill.

Quote:
 Those tips didn't look very "oval" shaped to me. 

I think that the two sets of tips on the left are the S/M and M/L oval tips. It also has three sets of standard tips (including the ones installed on the IEM). It seems that Sennheiser's meaning for oval is elongated towards the rear rather than curving back in. I think that the tips have potential.

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #236 of 7,998
I sure hope so especially in this price range. Their last gen of IEMs-tips left a whole lot to be desired....
rolleyes.gif

I'm curious though if the sound staging will be on par with the IE80 or even bigger?

Sep 1, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #238 of 7,998
They look the same just smaller, generic, nothing like genuine oval tips from Klipsch. I was hoping for the Klipsch oval shape with a bigger bore opening, oh well. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #240 of 7,998
Quote:
I sure hope so especially in this price range. Their last gen of IEMs-tips left a whole lot to be desired....
rolleyes.gif

I'm curious though if the sound staging will be on par with the IE80 or even bigger?

I speculate them to have bigger soundstage given the two ventilation.

But at the same time perhaps also less isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back