Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jan 28, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #7,896 of 7,998
Strain is of course not based only on solder joints. There is a clamp that holds cable in it's place. And it is very strong. Tug will not break it. The only issue that may occur here - when the bend relief gets stiff and broke glue may soften and the cable may start rotating inside the enclosure. It will lead to malfunction shortly. So if you have the rotating issue - it's time to see the doctor)

Jan 28, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #7,897 of 7,998
Strain is of course not based only on solder joints. There is a clamp that holds cable in it's place. And it is very strong. Tug will not break it. The only issue that may occur here - when the bend relief gets stiff and broke glue may soften and the cable may start rotating inside the enclosure. It will lead to malfunction shortly. So if you have the rotating issue - it's time to see the doctor)
That's reassuring, thanks!

Mar 2, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #7,898 of 7,998
Left driver of my IE-800 suddenly died :sweat:

No bumps, no over-amplified signal, no torn wire (I really care a lot about them) it just died.

I live in Italy, anybody knows if there's a chance to repair it - and maybe how much it will cost?

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #7,903 of 7,998
I found a official Sennheiser technician after contacting Sennheiser, he will give me a quote for the repair for 40€ and then he will deduct from the quote if I'll approve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back