Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jan 12, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #6,121 of 7,998
So the eartips irritate the hell out of my ears? Not like uncomfortable but they create itchy burning pain. I've really turned to using my dunu 2000j as it's comfortable and sounds heavenly. No burning ears

Clean your ears and the tips after usage. 

Your ears with perioxyde or soap+warm water and the tips with soap and warm water. Leave the tips to dry for a while before using them again. 

I know what you are talking about and experienced it, all better after cleaning the tips, but the ear might also be irritated
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #6,122 of 7,998
So the eartips irritate the hell out of my ears? Not like uncomfortable but they create itchy burning pain. I've really turned to using my dunu 2000j as it's comfortable and sounds heavenly. No burning ears

Try cleaning them to get rid of residual chemicals from manufacturing, I had that happening with the tips given with AK Angies, they were burning my ears.
Very surprising when it happens, because I never had this happening with any other tips, and I've used plenty in 15 years of IEMs.

If it doesn't help, you'll have to use other tips, which is not obvious with IE800.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #6,123 of 7,998
Just ordered these beauties after finally finding them for a steal from sonicelectronix.

Does anyone know how long they take to burn in. I have heard the potential that they can produce but with this being a dynamic driver IEM, how long did you guys burn yours in.

Jan 13, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #6,124 of 7,998
Just ordered these beauties after finally finding them for a steal from sonicelectronix.

Does anyone know how long they take to burn in. I have heard the potential that they can produce but with this being a dynamic driver IEM, how long did you guys burn yours in.

I can't see them in their catalogue. They do have the IE80s though.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #6,126 of 7,998
  + 

I can't see ie800 on sonic electronix either. 

just google..... sonicelectronix ie800

He may have gotten the last one.
rolleyes.gif

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_77709_Sennheiser-IE-800.html

....but they have most of their Senn line as "discontinued" ...HD800, HD700, HD650, IE800....etc....etc.....
confused.gif

Jan 13, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #6,127 of 7,998

rolleyes.gif

....but they have most of their Senn line as "discontinued" ...HD800, HD700, HD650, IE800....etc....etc.....
confused.gif

Oh, actually tried to! 

Couldn't find it even a week ago since someone said that they had a good price (not sure what happened between sonicelectronix and Sennheiser)

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #6,128 of 7,998

rolleyes.gif

confused.gif

They only had one in stock. You can't imagine how fast I pulled out my wallet to pay for that bad boy. It was such a good price I could not resist.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #6,129 of 7,998

They only had one in stock. You can't imagine how fast I pulled out my wallet to pay for that bad boy. It was such a good price I could not resist.

How much was it?

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #6,132 of 7,998
For those that have trouble with the tips, i fitted a set of Comply T200 yesterday and they seem to fit perfect. Tight fit on the nozzle/lip and added bonus of good isolation. Took them running and had no issues. There are also the Comply customs but i didn't need to try them. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #6,133 of 7,998
This is my first post to Head-Fi in a few months, mainly since having found audio nirvana in my Sennheiser HD 800 / HDVD 800 combo.

I felt inspired to post some impressions of the IE 800 to my social media channels a few minutes ago and thought I'd share them here:

Just taking a moment to share my appreciation for one of my favourite things, my Sennheiser IE 800 IEMs. I bought these over a year ago from Audio Sanctuary in the UK and have since used the IE 800 almost constantly to savour my favourite music. Without being overly analytical, I just love their perfect fidelity and versatility with every genre of music I feed them, largely due to their very neutral sound signature which is also hugely revealing of the micro details on recordings.

As phenomenal as they are as a tool to savour recorded music, I wondered how effective they would be as an IEM for monitoring when performing as a musician and had a hunch that they would be just as good. Well, a few weeks ago my expectations were met and surpassed when I used these as my IEMs during the Dr. John Cooper Clarke and former Stranglers frontman Hugh Cornwell "This Time It's Personal" UK tour on which I had such great fun drumming. With the appropriate ear-bud size selected the IE 800 provided great noise cancellation and hearing protection from outside sounds and facilitated me having a pristine monitor mix every night.

I can't recommend this headphone enough. Not only are they built like a tank (once when I met their visionary designer Axel Grell, he stood on an IE 800 to prove that point), all parts are user-replaceable and Sennheiser's customer service is outstanding, so investment in headphones such as the IE 800 is in my humble opinion - as someone who has tried and reviewed many of the world's finest headphones - well worth it and would most probably result in the only headphones you'd ever want or need for the rest of your life.

I think the Sennheiser IE 800 are amazing and I highly recommend them!

One final point of note: if you are considering buying an IE 800 (go on, you're worth it!) you may see that there are many on eBay at a fraction of the price of the Sennheiser RRP. But please don't be fooled - even though such eBay IE 800s, which are copies of the official Sennheiser IE 800 and appear almost identical visually and actually sound pretty good, I attest that the real deal IE 800 straight from Sennheiser are far superior in every way.

Much love.
xWx

✨:musical_note::cyclone::musical_note:✨

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #6,134 of 7,998
This is my first post to Head-Fi in a few months, mainly since having found audio nirvana in my Sennheiser HD 800 / HDVD 800 combo.

I felt inspired to post some impressions of the IE 800 to my social media channels a few minutes ago and thought I'd share them here:

Just taking a moment to share my appreciation for one of my favourite things, my Sennheiser IE 800 IEMs. I bought these over a year ago from Audio Sanctuary in the UK and have since used the IE 800 almost constantly to savour my favourite music. Without being overly analytical, I just love their perfect fidelity and versatility with every genre of music I feed them, largely due to their very neutral sound signature which is also hugely revealing of the micro details on recordings.

As phenomenal as they are as a tool to savour recorded music, I wondered how effective they would be as an IEM for monitoring when performing as a musician and had a hunch that they would be just as good. Well, a few weeks ago my expectations were met and surpassed when I used these as my IEMs during the Dr. John Cooper Clarke and former Stranglers frontman Hugh Cornwell "This Time It's Personal" UK tour on which I had such great fun drumming. With the appropriate ear-bud size selected the IE 800 provided great noise cancellation and hearing protection from outside sounds and facilitated me having a pristine monitor mix every night.

I can't recommend this headphone enough. Not only are they built like a tank (once when I met their visionary designer Axel Grell, he stood on an IE 800 to prove that point), all parts are user-replaceable and Sennheiser's customer service is outstanding, so investment in headphones such as the IE 800 is in my humble opinion - as someone who has tried and reviewed many of the world's finest headphones - well worth it and would most probably result in the only headphones you'd ever want or need for the rest of your life.

I think the Sennheiser IE 800 are amazing and I highly recommend them!

One final point of note: if you are considering buying an IE 800 (go on, you're worth it!) you may see that there are many on eBay at a fraction of the price of the Sennheiser RRP. But please don't be fooled - even though such eBay IE 800s, which are copies of the official Sennheiser IE 800 and appear almost identical visually and actually sound pretty good, I attest that the real deal IE 800 straight from Sennheiser are far superior in every way.

Much love.

xWx

✨:musical_note::cyclone::musical_note:✨

Genuine IE800 is very picky of source, fake IE800 is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back