Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 1, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #5,911 of 7,998

You know it's true, my friend! 
 It's not like HD800 is bad, it is a dream headphone for me with all that treble. 

Now you're talking
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #5,913 of 7,998
  It's an older serial number so the possibility exist for it to develop a hardened cable.

My old IE800 (S/N 08340) is still like the day I bought it, no problems whatsoever.

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #5,914 of 7,998
  My old IE800 (S/N 08340) is still like the day I bought it, no problems whatsoever.

What we need to know is what you have done or not done to yours to keep it in such good condition . Did you keep it wound tightly round inside your carrying case when not in use? I have had periods of a few months when I haven't used it too and I have kept it in the cold for long periods of time too. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #5,915 of 7,998
  What we need to know is what you have done or not done to yours to keep it in such good condition . Did you keep it wound tightly round inside your carrying case when not in use? I have had periods of a few months when I haven't used it too and I have kept it in the cold for long periods of time too. 

I have not used the case ever.  I wind the cord loosely around my knuckles and then put it in my pocket when I'm going out (yes I do use the IE800 outside the house) or on the table when I'm not going to use it.  

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #5,917 of 7,998
From my experience of two pairs, if cable hardening happens, Sennheiser will likely replace them for you no questions asked.
I wasn't the original buyer in either case and was sent a brand new pair each time.

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #5,919 of 7,998
  From my experience of two pairs, if cable hardening happens, Sennheiser will likely replace them for you no questions asked.
I wasn't the original buyer in either case and was sent a brand new pair each time.

I wished I'd known that! But were yours in warranty at the time? 
And you've had 2 pairs? What happened?

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #5,920 of 7,998
  I wished I'd known that! But were yours in warranty at the time? 
And you've had 2 pairs? What happened?

Both were in warranty but I believe this to be a fairly generous two years.

​I sold the first pair and regretted it quickly, leading to pair two!
I have tried a lot of other IEMs over the years since (see my profile) but nothing has displaced the IE800 and I have now stopped looking.  An IE800S if it ever materialised might persuade me to get my wallet out...

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #5,921 of 7,998
There is no need to fix ie800... what do we want changed with it? 

I mean really... HD800 did need more bass, but ie800 has the best sound ever heard already, there is nothing to change for the better anymore.

They could only improve build quality here and there, maybe make them over the ear, but no upgrade is possible, those sound better than things costing 4X their price... BETTER... For those ears with my music and my conditions of listening and preferences, but still.... 

CABLES

The sound works very well for me, but there is definitely room for improvement as I can understand some of the critiques I read as having validity.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #5,923 of 7,998
Oh, I've never used the case and have had no hardening

It is starting to feel like we should never use the ultra fancy looking fancy feeling case in the first place... 

CABLES

The sound works very well for me, but there is definitely room for improvement as I can understand some of the critiques I read as having validity.

Cables!!! 

Those would help a lot of improvement in many ways, and this is something I also want! 

And tips. I would like the rubber be changed to something that won't get slippery after only one usage, if it would be possible and to keep the same sound. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #5,924 of 7,998
Just out for a walk and listening to Bill Laswell's "Imaginary Cuba"....sounds wonderful as if it was recorded for the ie800s but then a lot of music does..amazing base/percussion rhythms....deep and powerful (wish my HD800S could do this)..with excellent ambient cues for sound staging..an aural treat.  

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #5,925 of 7,998
Some charm to enjoy the IE800 and a good glass of wine with eyes closed

https://open.spotify.com/album/7KLIbrPZohtUcmsJJcdpSs

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back