Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Oct 26, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #5,767 of 7,998
I'm going to snag a pair from Amazon warehouse deals. Seems like a good way to score a counterfeit for myself.

ftfy 

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #5,769 of 7,998
Consider someone ordering a genuine pair, opening the box and putting in a CF, sending it back for full credit. Suddenly Amazon is involved. Not only that but the packaging could be genuine and the product not. Big can of worms.

That said, I bought mine from Amazon through a 2nd party and everything worked out great and saved me perhaps $50 so you are likely fine.
Buyer beware no matter who the seller.

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #5,770 of 7,998
  Consider someone ordering a genuine pair, opening the box and putting in a CF, sending it back for full credit. Suddenly Amazon is involved. Not only that but the packaging could be genuine and the product not. Big can of worms.

That said, I bought mine from Amazon through a 2nd party and everything worked out great and saved me perhaps $50 so you are likely fine.
Buyer beware no matter who the seller.

Yeah, good point and I agree. I guess I thought this might be a better shot at getting a real pair for $465. I would be perfectly fine with a used pair, but I don't see any great deals right now. All I want is genuine and I can't swallow the $800 right now for a pair. I hope you kind folks will help me verify tomorrow that they are genuine! I know Sennheiser is a big help as well, but I've also read of fake ones passing the serial number check. 

Ugh. I have bad luck with these things and I probably shouldn't have tried to buy a pair of IEMs that I can't (or rather don't want to) afford. It's just that I hate direction of all these massive over-ear IEMs and am looking for that ultimate sound quality in something that can be worn down and do not weigh as much as my LCD2s :)

-Collin-

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #5,771 of 7,998
  Consider someone ordering a genuine pair, opening the box and putting in a CF,

That is a distinct possibility with unscrupulous individuals.
mad.gif

Quote:

Yeah, good point and I agree. I guess I thought this might be a better shot at getting a real pair for $465. I would be perfectly fine with a used pair, but I don't see any great deals right now. All I want is genuine and I can't swallow the $800 right now for a pair. I hope you kind folks will help me verify tomorrow that they are genuine! ...................
-Collin-

I took the exact same gamble as you in order to save money (a $999 Canadian was out of reach for IEM) and was ready to contact Amazon ASAP if indeed someone had indeed swapped out a legit pair.
Fortunately none of the copies so far have been perfect and there are tail tell signs... see my post.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/700604/fake-senheiser-ie800/195#post_12703315

But do indeed let us know with pics and we’ll do our best to verify “visually” their legitimacy, some of the copies sound pretty good but you can pick those up for as little as $30 or so.

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #5,772 of 7,998

I took the exact same gamble as you in order to save money (a $999 Canadian was out of reach for IEM) and was ready to contact Amazon ASAP if indeed someone had indeed swapped out a legit pair.
Fortunately none of the copies so far have been perfect and there are tail tell signs... see my post.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/700604/fake-senheiser-ie800/195#post_12703315

But do indeed let us know with pics and we’ll do our best to verify “visually” their legitimacy, some of the copies sound pretty good but you can pick those up for as little as $30 or so.

Thanks Rob, your post was very helpful. I guess I know what to look for now, but, it will be much more difficult since I do not have any fake ones on hand and do not intend to buy them just to verify. 

I spent several years working in a brand protection group for a large tech company and this crap really boils my blood. It runs rampant and out of control and really the people to get screwed are the consumers. Oh well, rant for another time. I thought I was doing the right thing by buying from Amazon, but time will tell. 

-Collin-

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #5,773 of 7,998
Oct 27, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #5,774 of 7,998
IE800 have arrived! Thankfully, I'm pretty sure they're authentic (from Amazon Warehouse Deals if you recall). 

I followed Rob's post regarding fake IE800s and they exhibit none of the symptoms. The label on the box passes the online test at Sennheiser, the case is very supple and matte finished leather, the cable is the right length for the case, the "S" on the cable is not inverted, the mesh grill looks extremely shiny and neat, the tips do not have any visible seems in the rubber and most importantly: they sound fantastic. Can I be sure at this point that they're real? I am a bit confused though: sticking a fake pair in a genuine box would fool the authenticity check at Sennheiser, right? They only asked about the label code, which does not in any way link to the actual IEMs themselves. 

Anyway, I'm going to do some more listening tonight via my Chord Mojo and report back tomorrow. But at this point, it's not exactly breaking news that the IE800 sound fantastic is it? 
beerchug.gif

-Collin-

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #5,775 of 7,998
Congratulations Collin! Welcome to the club. I also, bought mine used from Amazon and have been very happy with my purchased.If your not happy with the tip selection you might want to try Comply. The isolation and comfort has been a welcome improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back