Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Oct 21, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #5,749 of 7,998
  Hi, I think the microphonics may not be directly related to the cables itself but due to the nature of the design and the weight of the Y-connectors. I am using a 3rd party cable clip which greatly minimizes the cable motion as well as preventing the buds from dislodging itself from ears. 

I am using this: http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/5pack-OEM-Clips-For-Sennheiser-ME4-Tie-Lapel-Mic-CX-earphones-Replacement-clip-/321411712352?hash=item4ad5a18560:g:lM0AAOxyD9JR70Y-

Easy solution!

The tips get greasy very easily and this is why they fall from ears. 

To avoid this, it's best to either wash ears with soap and water, or use perioxyde solution to clean the ears. 

Tips must also be washed from time to time, as they get some oils from the skin, but this varies greatly from individual to individual. 

I had a friend who didn't need to wash his IEMs tips once in 3 years, while I had to wash mine weekly, even more often sometimes...

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #5,751 of 7,998

The tips get greasy very easily and this is why they fall from ears. 

To avoid this, it's best to either wash ears with soap and water, or use perioxyde solution to clean the ears. 

Tips must also be washed from time to time, as they get some oils from the skin, but this varies greatly from individual to individual. 

I had a friend who didn't need to wash his IEMs tips once in 3 years, while I had to wash mine weekly, even more often sometimes...

Thanks for the tip George and indeed our ears get all gunky and yucky :)

I am really waiting to try out: http://www.complyfoam.com/products/sen-isolation/

Hopefully these foam tips provides a more secure fit without affecting the signature too drastically. Nonetheless, cheers to Comply for finally making something work for IE800.

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #5,753 of 7,998
  Agree Rob. Especially so for me since I am always using it on the move. But the magical sound outweigh most flaws :)

Since the only real flaw I've found are the tips and seal - I can simply wash my ears when I wash my face, in the sink, using soap. this solves everything. takes 2-3 minutes, so no worries, and the sound... the sound........ the sound!..... 

Most people own ie800 for their sound, which is unbeaten so far. by everything I had the chance to test. I'm really looking forward with eyes the size of onions (Romanian figure of speech) to what will beat ie800. because if something will beat ie800 eventually, it will be shocking! ie800 is shockingly good every time I listen with them already! 

Oct 22, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #5,754 of 7,998
Comply is making foam tips for the ie800 now.
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/sen-isolation/

Would be nice if these new Comply Tips actually fit the IE800, but the nozzles on the IEMs (Momentum, CX 3.00, CX 5.00 & IE800) are different

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #5,755 of 7,998

Since the only real flaw I've found are the tips and seal - I can simply wash my ears when I wash my face, in the sink, using soap. this solves everything. takes 2-3 minutes, so no worries, and the sound... the sound........ the sound!..... 

Most people own ie800 for their sound, which is unbeaten so far. by everything I had the chance to test. I'm really looking forward with eyes the size of onions (Romanian figure of speech) to what will beat ie800. because if something will beat ie800 eventually, it will be shocking! ie800 is shockingly good every time I listen with them already! 

You are so hilarious! I love your graphical description and it's such a pleasure to read. 

Indeed, I am wondering how and what else can beat IE800 in the near future. I simply cannot find any more room for improvements as far as the sound is concerned. 

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #5,759 of 7,998
  hey guy i got important question, i got a fake IE800 and the cleaning tool has desing that i didnt even see in fake ie800`s... did anyone have seen something like it before?

That seems to be the cleaning / adjusting tool from ie80. 

The image is way too small (resolution) to read or discern what is going on though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back