Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 9, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #4,471 of 7,998
FYI, a short cabled IE800 + Nokia AD-53 adapter (2.5 to 3.5mm) + small BT receiver (e.g. QCY QY3) make for a great wireless solution that easily beats the SBH-80 in SQ.

In fact that's pretty much the only way I use my IE800s these days, cable over-ears and the dongle clipped to my shirt collar. So much more convenient than wired imo.

The Noble BTS works well as a good quality Bluetooth receiver in this scenario - I sometimes use my IE800 this way.

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #4,473 of 7,998
what genres do you listen to with ie800 earphones?

All genera!

Metal, Punk, Post-Hardcore, J-metal, Pop, Electronica, Jazz, Orchestral, Classical, Pop, rap, Hip-hop, heavy metal, deathcore, dubstep, trance, trancecore, nightcore, club, R&B, soul, Funk, Soundtracks to movies, avant-garde, everything 

I don't think that there is a single genera that I would ever listen with any other IEM. Ie800 has both the bass, dynamics, treble and clarity to make most of all of the music that exists out there.

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #4,474 of 7,998
  All genera!

Metal, Punk, Post-Hardcore, J-metal, Pop, Electronica, Jazz, Orchestral, Classical, Pop, rap, Hip-hop, heavy metal, deathcore, dubstep, trance, trancecore, nightcore, club, R&B, soul, Funk, Soundtracks to movies, avant-garde, everything 

I don't think that there is a single genera that I would ever listen with any other IEM. Ie800 has both the bass, dynamics, treble and clarity to make most of all of the music that exists out there.

Agreed to the extreme damn it 
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #4,475 of 7,998

FYI, a short cabled IE800 + Nokia AD-53 adapter (2.5 to 3.5mm) + small BT receiver (e.g. QCY QY3) make for a great wireless solution that easily beats the SBH-80 in SQ.

In fact that's pretty much the only way I use my IE800s these days, cable over-ears and the dongle clipped to my shirt collar. So much more convenient than wired imo.

Cool I'd still need an apt-x transmitter though? And I think there are none for iPhone's lightning port for now.Sony's LDAC is potentially the future so perhaps we will see adapters for that soon! :)

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #4,476 of 7,998
Cool I'd still need an apt-x transmitter though? And I think there are none for iPhone's lightning port for now.Sony's LDAC is potentially the future so perhaps we will see adapters for that soon! :)

Actually, anything with the CSR8645 inside should support AAC over bluetooth as well. I haven't tried it myself, but in theory your iPhone's built-in transmitter should give you comparable SQ to aptX.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #4,477 of 7,998
  All genera!

+ 1 on the all genres thing... I have double digit IEM's, several in the $200-$400 MSRP range and these leave them all behind.  Unless I just want a change of pace or I am travelling the IE800's are it.  I don't have CIEM's or other flagships to compare them to (full disclosure)but I love these things.

Dec 9, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #4,478 of 7,998
Another very interesting observation. 

I am the type who watches lots of AMVs (anime music video). Basically, it is like taking a song, and adding an anime fanmade video over it. 

Well, Ie800 really outlines the fact that some of these AMVs have very bad compressed music (mp3 compression, not dynamic compression). 

Especially visible with textures of instruments, so this is like a little piece of advice to anyone having ie800, keeping the lossless version of your library is really worth it. 

Most of my other headphones never make a difference, but Ie800 really makes it visible when something is MP3, sometimes the mp3 compression algorithm actually deletes background guitars and keyboard notes in metal songs, and this really hurts with certain bands. (wintersun, mindless self indulgence, dance gavin dance, closure in moscow), 

So, also to keep in mind when someone is testing ie800 and using mp3, it will not expose all the good parts of it. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #4,479 of 7,998
Hey,

I just wanted to say Hello =), my name is Florian,living in beautiful Vienna.

I am also a proud owner of Sennheiser Ie800, bought them used for very Cheap.
They had also a costum cable preinstalled.

Since i couldnt get the fit right with the included Earbuds (only had one) i decided to make them custom.

Waiting atm for my Geek Out to power them right

Well. The turned out great... It was lots of trying out. But now they fit like a charm.

Good thing =) the custom Molds can easily be taken off.

If you want me to i can post a picture of my Ie800.

Greetings from Vienna

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #4,481 of 7,998
  Yeah the extra bass in the SE846 is killer for pop and electronic music.  Very engaging.  IE800 still gives you that bass, but it's not as strong as the SE846.  So if  you have both, you can get spoiled by the SE846.  SE846 is easier to drive too.  IE800 is great when you have amps that can properly drive them.  I never liked them out of my iPhone.  

Agreed.  As much as I love my IE800's, for certain genres I just cannot listen to them on the IE800 after hearing them on the SE846 or Angie's, sounds a bit lifeless on the IE800.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #4,482 of 7,998
  Agreed.  As much as I love my IE800's, for certain genres I just cannot listen to them on the IE800 after hearing them on the SE846 or Angie's, sounds a bit lifeless on the IE800.

That is the beauty of listening to music, I found the SE846 to be lifeless compared to IE800.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #4,483 of 7,998
Gotta own them both to have that opinion IMO, can't based that just off a listening session.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #4,484 of 7,998
Hmm I did not enjoy the way the 846 handles details and bass runs based on one demo I had to chance to try, does it's sound signature differ greatly from the IE800s? (Which I am unable to test)

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #4,485 of 7,998
are those ebay ie800 on auction legit? there is no way i can tell with pictures, they look like identical ie800 does anyone have experience with them or opinion on this however biased, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back