Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Oct 7, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #4,292 of 7,998
After a longer while with these earbuds, I re-assert that the IE80s were one or two "clicks" louder than the IE800s. The IE80s, however, were exceptionally loud earbuds. The IE800s are as loud as most earbuds I've ever owned.

I've recently started using the IE800s with the headphone amp portion of my Fiio E18 (waiting on a new cable for the DAC), and am amazed at how different the sound is. The "brightness" of the sound has been evened out considerably. I'm amazed at how much a difference it made.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #4,293 of 7,998
Amps aren't just about volume, the ability to control the movement of the driver is a big factor.  This is why I amp everything even highly sensitive phones.

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #4,294 of 7,998
  Amps aren't just about volume, the ability to control the movement of the driver is a big factor.  This is why I amp everything even highly sensitive phones.

i agree here, but the amp stage in Fiio x5II for example is a state of art thing, it does not need further improvement for portable enjoyment. Well, Hugo did sound different, but X5II is really amazing and best value.

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #4,295 of 7,998
i agree here, but the amp stage in Fiio x5II for example is a state of art thing, it does not need further improvement for portable enjoyment. Well, Hugo did sound different, but X5II is really amazing and best value.

With Hugo, its the DAC that makes the change from X5. It's output is amplified but transparent. A few people amp Hugo for more body, again a personal preference.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #4,297 of 7,998
Who knows.  They didn't announce/show anything at the Opheus 2 reveal.  Should be in the next couple of years I would think.  

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #4,298 of 7,998
  Who knows.  They didn't announce/show anything at the Opheus 2 reveal.  Should be in the next couple of years I would think.  

I've seen several sales recently on the IE800 that were listed as "clearance" this MAY be indicative an upcoming model but I personally haven't heard anything about it...

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #4,299 of 7,998
  I've seen several sales recently on the IE800 that were listed as "clearance" this MAY be indicative an upcoming model but I personally haven't heard anything about it...

a version with a longer cable, over the ear design would be enough. Ie800 is amazing as it is, the sound is as well, I would love for it to have longer cables and over the ear design, but I wear ie800 over the ear anyways. 

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #4,300 of 7,998
  a version with a longer cable, over the ear design would be enough. Ie800 is amazing as it is, the sound is as well, I would love for it to have longer cables and over the ear design, but I wear ie800 over the ear anyways. 

True. NOt sure if single DD could achieve more without new technologies. I never see Senn. did BA or multi-drivers. I suppose they scorn to do that, so would not do it in the future.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #4,301 of 7,998
....could be a good  occasion to launch an official  TRRS   ended version (balanced)!.....that I'm going to do myself just in this days but I'm experiencing some difficult to find a very good and light cable and a threaded TRRS angled connector....
Go Sennheiser.....take the opportunity!

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #4,303 of 7,998
  a version with a longer cable, over the ear design would be enough. IE800 is amazing as it is, the sound is as well, I would love for it to have longer cables and over the ear design, but I wear IE800 over the ear anyways. 

I just my IE800,a week ago-have been wearing them straight down,so,I called Sennheiser,they told me that they should be worn straight down,which I hate.,something to do about the cable,which does look a little flimsy.

Are you having any kind of issue wearing them around the ear??
Mike

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #4,304 of 7,998
  I just my IE800,a week ago-have been wearing them straight down,so,I called Sennheiser,they told me that they should be worn straight down,which I hate.,something to do about the cable,which does look a little flimsy.

Are you having any kind of issue wearing them around the ear??
Mike

If you wear them around the ear, then it would have to run down your back, as the Y split is too close and cinches your neck.  But when it runs down your back, the cable itself is a little too short.  It really is meant to just to be worn straight down.  I'm not sure why Senn hasn't even bothered to release versions that is slightly longer etc.  I guess it's just not their style.  The cable isn't really flimsy (supposedly reinforced with kevlar), but the connections where the cable meets the connectors are not well designed.  I usually feel that it might mess up the cable right at those points.  

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #4,305 of 7,998
VNM,
Thanks for your reply,good info.

I seem to be getting used to wearing them straightdown,so,its not the end of the world.
They are a tremendous sounding earphone,and I can't help but think that they do resemble my old HD800,,,tremendous detail through out the sound spectrum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back