Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Nov 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #2,507 of 7,998
I went there earlier after reading about the deal but it already said invalid code…..
angry_face.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #2,509 of 7,998
How do jvc hx850 compare to ie800?

I did ask this question earlier, but no suggestions. Maybe people does not have both ie800 and JVC stuff.

Dec 2, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #2,510 of 7,998
At that $500 price point i would've gotten an extra one. The one that i have will have surgery in 2-3 weeks when parts arrive for balanced connection.

I heard one and want to have it done also. I only am missing a few 2.5 female trrs so that i can have some adapters as I'm terminating the ie800s to 2.5 ak balanced trrs.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #2,511 of 7,998
How do jvc hx850 compare to ie800?

I did ask this question earlier, but no suggestions. Maybe people does not have both ie800 and JVC stuff.

I have both and can give you a quick comparison. Both are bass enhanced IEMs, but the JVCs have much larger drivers which lend them more authority and make them sound almost like full-sized phones. Also, bass emphasis on the IE800 is mostly in the low / deep region, whereas the JVCs are more linearly boosted across the bass range. Both manage to steer reasonably clear of the midrange though, the latter of which is amazingly detailed and refined on both IEMs. Probably my two favorite midranges out of all phones I've heard. Highs are pretty forward on both, but neither sibilant nor harsh. Again the JVCs have more weight, whereas the IE800 sound a bit thin and feathery. 

Overall, both are rather v-shaped phones which offer excellent sound quality, but the FX850 sound larger and more authoritative. However, because of the larger drivers' bass slam on the JVCs, I personally can't take them in stock form, it's simply too much imo. Since I love everything else about them, I came up with a slight modification that makes them noticeably better balanced and actually ended up preferring them over the Senns. My current usage pattern is probably 80:20 in favor of the FX850, which isn't all due to sound preference, but also has to do with better ergonomics on the JVCs.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #2,512 of 7,998
I don't know if it is appropriate to post it here but I have one of these headphones brand new in box for sale. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/744893/price-drop-sennheiser-ie800-brand-new-in-box-never-opened#post_11100868

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #2,513 of 7,998
Sorry I missed the promo...

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #2,515 of 7,998
I just got these yesterday, from NCIX.
Been listening to them for the last couple of hours.

Also purchased the Fidelio X1 from Amazon lightning deal. So decided to listen to the last song I was listening to with IE800 and compare to Fidelio X1. They are not the same type of headphones etc, yes no doubt. But... When I put on the X1s I was like What, these sound like trash. Sad indeed, $180, very highly rated headphones. And my immediate reaction is as if they sound like cheap earbuds that you can buy for $5. And I truly have been enjoying the X1s.

All I can say about IE800 is that I found the peak of headphones that you can run directly from your phone or portable player, ideal for use at office or when you don't want to lug a portable amp with you. This is it. The top that I can get, the best, the peak. Never tried the Shure SE846, but until then I am done with any more headphone purchases. Done. It ends here.

What an amazing sound these tiny little things can produce, and can make a $200 headphone sound like crap. Heck now I am seriously afraid of listening to any other headphone that I have in my stable, everything will be mediocre. The soundstage on these IE800s is simply amazing, perfect, can not get any better for this price. I paid a great price on special sale. All spectrum of the sound, everything is so harmonic, it is in so much of a balance and perfectly presented that there is no way I can imagine anything better for this price and portability.

I am listening to Rammstein Reise Reise album, FLAC, right now Amerika is playing, and I can literally feel every instrument, hear everything in such clarity that with other headphones I have in my stable it was not the same. And it will never be the same. The vocals are literally in your face, the guitars are pounding in the background, the drum is harmonically taking its part, the keyboards, heck I can even hear that growl in Till's throat when he says Afrika - just at the "k". 

This is an earphone that can only be experienced and lived. The description can never ever do any justice. When I got my Westone3 last year I thought I was having an eargasm, with IE800s it is something of a revelation, nothing will be the same again!

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #2,516 of 7,998

Also purchased the Fidelio X1 from Amazon lightning deal. So decided to listen to the last song I was listening to with IE800 and compare to Fidelio X1. They are not the same type of headphones etc, yes no doubt. But... When I put on the X1s I was like What, these sound like trash. Sad indeed, $180, very highly rated headphones. And my immediate reaction is as if they sound like cheap earbuds that you can buy for $5. And I truly have been enjoying the X1s.

All I can say about IE800 is that I found the peak of headphones that you can run directly from your phone or portable player, ideal for use at office or when you don't want to lug a portable amp with you. This is it. The top that I can get, the best, the peak. Never tried the Shure SE846, but until then I am done with any more headphone purchases. Done. It ends here.

What an amazing sound these tiny little things can produce, and can make a $200 headphone sound like crap. Heck now I am seriously afraid of listening to any other headphone that I have in my stable, everything will be mediocre. The soundstage on these IE800s is simply amazing, perfect, can not get any better for this price. I paid a great price on special sale. All spectrum of the sound, everything is so harmonic, it is in so much of a balance and perfectly presented that there is no way I can imagine anything better for this price and portability.

I am listening to Rammstein Reise Reise album, FLAC, right now Amerika is playing, and I can literally feel every instrument, hear everything in such clarity that with other headphones I have in my stable it was not the same. And it will never be the same. The vocals are literally in your face, the guitars are pounding in the background, the drum is harmonically taking its part, the keyboards, heck I can even hear that growl in Till's throat when he says Afrika - just at the "k". 

This is an earphone that can only be experienced and lived. The description can never ever do any justice. When I got my Westone3 last year I thought I was having an eargasm, with IE800s it is something of a revelation, nothing will be the same again!

I'd buy em again and again

Dec 12, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #2,517 of 7,998

I totally agree with you , Sound is superB  and phenomenal soundstage ever :wink:

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #2,518 of 7,998
This is probably my last post in this thread - my cable has split at the headphone jack end, and I've requested a warranty replacement (waiting for the authorisation to swap at a dealer rather than send in), but - that prompted me to buy the Shure 846...

...Have to say that I'm happier with them than the IE800 when A/B'ing, so - will, when I get the IE800s sorted, keep them only for backup / holiday purposes I think...

That isn't to say this has not been a fun journey in the past year, it most definitely has, just a shame about cable reliability :frowning2:

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #2,519 of 7,998

Agreed on all points, if you look back through this thread, my IE800s even made me question the validity of cans like the LCD2 (hence they are for sale)...

Just baby them, or the cable may cause you problems :frowning2:

Dec 15, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #2,520 of 7,998
Hey, does anyone here have experience with both the ie800`s and Bowers and Wilkons P7`s?, I was looking into headphones and was set on selling my ie800`s for a set of P7`s as I found the highs a tad splashy, didn`t agree too well with the cloth mod and the microphonics kinda killed it for me too :/, yet I recently listened to some Klipsch S4`s just for a change, a set that I used to think sounded really great maybe around 4 years ago as I was just getting into audio, and boy what a sobering experience that was, I really enjoy my ie800`s now so I`m kinda on the fence about selling them now as the sound overall is very very good. If someone could post some quick impressions and comparisons that would be really appreciated, thanks very much in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back