Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Jul 2, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #7,741 of 7,998
They might be genuine then, just like mine. :wink:
Yeah. I have the originally receipt,talked to the store who sold it so i felt very safe when i bought it. Seller had also absolute max rating on the website where i bought it also=) Good deal. 250 usd and only used a couple times! So it has almost been in the box since 16'. Even the extra tips arent touched either. If the box wasnt opened, it would been mint condition.

Just a little sad that the RCS cable cost 200 usd over here!

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #7,742 of 7,998
Yeah. I have the originally receipt,talked to the store who sold it so i felt very safe when i bought it. Seller had also absolute max rating on the website where i bought it also=) Good deal. 250 usd and only used a couple times! So it has almost been in the box since 16'. Even the extra tips arent touched either. If the box wasnt opened, it would been mint condition.

What I wanted to say is that mine *might be* genuine too. :wink:

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #7,743 of 7,998

079996C8-263C-491B-A92F-5A7239E30FC1.jpeg

Listening poolside right now.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #7,744 of 7,998
What I wanted to say is that mine *might be* genuine too. :wink:
[/QUOT
079996C8-263C-491B-A92F-5A7239E30FC1.jpeg
Listening poolside right now.
Wow,Thats nice! Haven tried them yet! Dont know if i shall try them at bed now or use my PM-3. Prob wait to tomorrow to try the IE800! I dont want to be to excited when im going to sleep either=) hehe.. Cant wait until trying them though! Best to do it when im not tired=) Thats the poly?

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #7,745 of 7,998
Jul 2, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #7,746 of 7,998
Jul 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #7,747 of 7,998
Because I bought mine 2nd hand too. I'm fairly confident they are genuine though.
Okei,now i got it! Yeah. How much did u pay? I contacted the store yesterday just to check if the receipt the seller had matched the shop, and everything matched! (I got to see the receipt etc before i bought it, and it was from a very serious authorized shop, so i knew they was legit). Prev owner liked his SE846 better than IE800 ao they just got stored.

I wasnt suspicious of the prev owner at all. He was nice and honest guy!. I just wanted to double check. Im gonna save that info for later if i need to sell them sometime,but ill bet i keep them!

Why does some say that IE800 need an amp? They are super sensitive?

Jul 2, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #7,748 of 7,998
Okei,now i got it! Yeah. How much did u pay? I contacted the store yesterday just to check if the receipt the seller had matched the shop, and everything matched! (I got to see the receipt etc before i bought it, and it was from a very serious authorized shop, so i knew they was legit). Prev owner liked his SE846 better than IE800 ao they just got stored.

I wasnt suspicious of the prev owner at all. He was nice and honest guy!. I just wanted to double check. Im gonna save that info for later if i need to sell them sometime,but ill bet i keep them!

I think I paid £200 (it's been a little while). I don't have them on hand right now and haven't used them in quite some time but I think they are fairly easy to drive so no amp is really needed as far as sufficient volume goes but good source/amp will certainly improve the sound over using them straight out of a phone.

Jul 2, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #7,749 of 7,998
Wow,Thats nice! Haven tried them yet! Dont know if i shall try them at bed now or use my PM-3. Prob wait to tomorrow to try the IE800! I dont want to be to excited when im going to sleep either=) hehe.. Cant wait until trying them though! Best to do it when im not tired=) Thats the poly?
Yes, poly/mojo. The 800’s are great for sleeping. No pressure pillow to ear.

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #7,750 of 7,998

they don’t need an amp, however.......

Just after buying mine, I went to a UK HeadFi meet and was interested in trying the Senn HD800. My DAP didn’t have enough power and I borrowed a Chord Hugo to drive them. All sounded good, then as an afterthought I tried the Hugo with my own ie800s I had taken along. Wow, I didn’t expect them to sound much better than with my DAPs but they scaled so well and went up another notch. I cancelled thinking about buying headphones and bought the Hugo DAC/amp there and then. Still a great combo I enjoy.

Jul 3, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #7,751 of 7,998
they don’t need an amp, however.......

Just after buying mine, I went to a UK HeadFi meet and was interested in trying the Senn HD800. My DAP didn’t have enough power and I borrowed a Chord Hugo to drive them. All sounded good, then as an afterthought I tried the Hugo with my own ie800s I had taken along. Wow, I didn’t expect them to sound much better than with my DAPs but they scaled so well and went up another notch. I cancelled thinking about buying headphones and bought the Hugo DAC/amp there and then. Still a great combo I enjoy.
I used my ie800s with the TT(1) last night. Great sound and scales well. Also nice ergonomics to fall asleep with.

Jul 3, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #7,752 of 7,998
Has anyone tried the Symbios or other tips than the stock tips?and which one? I am curious of what other tips will fit except for the Comply TX - 167?

Stock tips are still not comfortable! i have problem with my right ear. i think maybe the right ear canal is a little tighter than the left one. will try a different size for my right ear tomorrow.

Jul 4, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #7,754 of 7,998
as mentioned before, the Comply T200 series fits
I was also thinking about Spinfits, tripleflange,symbio etc. What nozzle bore/length/size do the tips need to be for it to fit the IE800? That would make it easier for me. Quite expensive to import alot of random tips to Norway if they dont fit!

But the t200 havent the waxguard? Isnt that needed? I dont wanna risk anything. Checked again now and im gonna order one packet comply cause for some reason they are quite cheap here in Norway. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back