Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Nov 23, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #5,851 of 7,998
Hi George, I know x5 then x5ii coupled with ie800 has been your dream team for years now. Just thought I read on another forum that you had sold the x5? But see you still mentioning it? Did you replace?

I was in need for money at some point and sold X5ii because I needed the money fast, sometime a few days ago, going to buy X5ii again as soon as I can 
redface.gif

Right now I must use ie800 with my phone or laptop and it.... it's just not the  same.... 

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #5,852 of 7,998
I was in need for money at some point and sold X5ii because I needed the money fast, sometime a few days ago, going to buy X5ii again as soon as I can :xf_eek:

Right now I must use ie800 with my phone or laptop and it.... it's just not the  same.... 

Sorry to hear that. Chance to upgrade to Mojo :) if you can bear a phone doubling up!

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #5,854 of 7,998
Sorry to hear that. Chance to upgrade to Mojo :) if you can bear a phone doubling up!

I might go to AVstore and listen to it again! 
biggrin.gif

The problem I had last time was that it did not recognize my phone at all, but I have a slight feeling that the cable used there might have been broken.

Is it easy to get good volume control with ie800? I know that mojo has a ton of juice but I don't know very well how fine are the adjustments that can be made to the volume. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #5,855 of 7,998

I might go to AVstore and listen to it again! 
biggrin.gif

The problem I had last time was that it did not recognize my phone at all, but I have a slight feeling that the cable used there might have been broken.

Is it easy to get good volume control with ie800? I know that mojo has a ton of juice but I don't know very well how fine are the adjustments that can be made to the volume. 

Around red-orange in the colour balls

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #5,856 of 7,998
I might go to AVstore and listen to it again! :D

Very fine adjustment, no problem there. Personally don't think you can beat Mojo sound for ie800s without buying a Hugo three times the price.

Only DAP I use that compares is the Questyle QP1R, but again double Mojo's price. Fact that ie800 sounds great with all these items is a testament to their scalability. Who would have thought an 'old tech' one driver iem could still hold its own, years after its release.

Nov 23, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #5,857 of 7,998
Very fine adjustment, no problem there. Personally don't think you can beat Mojo sound for ie800s without buying a Hugo three times the price.

Only DAP I use that compares is the Questyle QP1R, but again double Mojo's price. Fact that ie800 sounds great with all these items is a testament to their scalability. Who would have thought an 'old tech' one driver iem could still hold its own, years after its release.

I actually have a novelty over those 1 driver IEMs and I would like to keep using one forever... Just feels more satisfying. 

At the same time, I just liked he way X5ii added that spark in the treble and the sundstage for ie800, but then again, ie800 has a large soundstage and spark in the treble by their own, so probably they will sound interesting with Mojo. 

I did test ie800 with Hugo and while I liked the sound, Hugo adds a bit of hiss to anything and it was a bit of a let down for me... 

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #5,858 of 7,998

I actually have a novelty over those 1 driver IEMs and I would like to keep using one forever... Just feels more satisfying. 

At the same time, I just liked he way X5ii added that spark in the treble and the sundstage for ie800, but then again, ie800 has a large soundstage and spark in the treble by their own, so probably they will sound interesting with Mojo. 

I did test ie800 with Hugo and while I liked the sound, Hugo adds a bit of hiss to anything and it was a bit of a let down for me... 

​HIss from Hugo? Hugo and Mojo shouldn't have more than an iPhone which itself is very low. I suspect cable might be contributing here? Hugo has a slightly better treble than Mojo, but both are natural and let the music flow. The iem then has it's own characteristics as you know and can tailor sound to how one likes.

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #5,859 of 7,998
I've seen many reviews of mojo talking about hiss problem.. The cable shouldn't affect that, as long as it sends digital data - Usb, optical. Either works or not. Analog cable is another thing. I think the hiss might come from the powerful amp section. Any technical comments or explanation on this from people that owns mojo and ie800? How loud is the hiss? And.. As I love ie800's highs, how much of them do you lose with mojo's roll off? Thx!

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #5,860 of 7,998
Ever wondered about the fit of the IE800s? Cable seems too short, gets too stiff , too much microphonics? I am going to be the first person I know of anywhere to change all that. I am going to make these one of the best IEMs in the world by getting them modded to take some custom cables that can be worn over the ear and are....detachable

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #5,861 of 7,998
   I am going to be the first person I know of anywhere to change all that.

I know - are key words here) 
https://goo.gl/hHmfQg

Genuine IE800 are one of the harderst iem for recabling. Most likely you will destroy the driver, for the first time at least.
As for detachability - there are no free space inside. In fact we tried some custom micro connectors (smaller than mmcx) but even those affected acoustic chamber significantly.

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #5,864 of 7,998
I've seen many reviews of mojo talking about hiss problem.. The cable shouldn't affect that, as long as it sends digital data - Usb, optical. Either works or not. Analog cable is another thing. I think the hiss might come from the powerful amp section. Any technical comments or explanation on this from people that owns mojo and ie800? How loud is the hiss? And.. As I love ie800's highs, how much of them do you lose with mojo's roll off? Thx!

What roll off? 

I didn't hear any hiss by the way. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #5,865 of 7,998
Interesting, i dont any hiss with my poor system IE800+ Xiaomi.eu MI5+JDs C5+Spotify , in fact i have very good vibes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back