Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Aug 30, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #5,671 of 7,998

Obviously not for everyone but this 20th century composition by George Crumb “Idyll for the Misbegotten, Vox Balaenae and Madrigals” on New World Records, an AR recording

is always for me an amazing aural treat and shows excellent dynamic contrasts from the flute, voice, down to the deep percussive timpani...the recording is IMHO excellent in all respects….and totally amazed at how these tiny little ie800s handle it all ….
smile.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #5,672 of 7,998
  Got to agree, except for the integrated screen the pads are not all that different from the Momentum in-ear tips I ordered direct from Sennheiser, believe they cost me $11.99 Canadian for a quantity of 10”.
So I’ve no problem recommending these ie800 copies from China...I have some for backup, they fit just fine like the OEMs and only $9.99  US plus free shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com   just search for ie800 tips.

I have these...they suck.  Nowhere near the original tips.  The problem I have is I only lost one of them...so it sounds kinda weird with a fake tip on one side and OEM the other.

Aug 30, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #5,673 of 7,998

I have these...they suck.  Nowhere near the original tips. 

Except for the visual seam the ones I have are pretty close to the originals....problem with copies from China it's always the luck of the draw...hit or miss....still $40 for an OEM replacement pair...does suck...especially when you only need one..... : (

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #5,674 of 7,998
Less than 2 month old IE800, today the right earpiece stopped working. Tried on multiple devices, only the left piece makes sound, right side is dead silent. Anyone else experienced this issue? There has been no damage to the cable or earpieces, I took good care of the headphones.

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #5,675 of 7,998
  Less than 2 month old IE800, today the right earpiece stopped working. Tried on multiple devices, only the left piece makes sound, right side is dead silent. Anyone else experienced this issue? There has been no damage to the cable or earpieces, I took good care of the headphones.

How did you store the in-ears? In the included case? Was stress put on the 3.5 mm connector when listening?

You shouldn't put your DAP into a tight pocket, especially when walking, when the in-ears are still connected.

Anyway, as you've still got warranty, you should contact the store you bought the IE 800 from.

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #5,676 of 7,998

How did you store the in-ears? In the included case? Was stress put on the 3.5 mm connector when listening?

You shouldn't put your DAP into a tight pocket, especially when walking, when the in-ears are still connected.

Anyway, as you've still got warranty, you should contact the store you bought the IE 800 from.

I am always careful with not putting stress on any cable connection, including the 3.5mm connector and the earpiece connectors. I have a dedicated pouch in my backpack to store my headphones

i bought it on amazon (fulfilled by amazon merchant), hopefully they will honor the warranty

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #5,677 of 7,998

Get the warranty! 

A quick advice is to be careful of driver flex. It is best for ie800 to not be flexed too much, slow insertion, take them out slowly, and you should be good. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #5,679 of 7,998

My IE800 has been a tank, it has survived 2 partial recable and now total recable, never a single problem. The sound from the total recable is a welcome change, it reduces the V shaped tendency and give more meat to the overall sound. I'll probably never sell it along with my T8ie Mk2, they are like brothers.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #5,680 of 7,998

I am always careful with not putting stress on any cable connection, including the 3.5mm connector and the earpiece connectors. I have a dedicated pouch in my backpack to store my headphones

i bought it on amazon (fulfilled by amazon merchant), hopefully they will honor the warranty

Sorry to hear this but yes, please do get in touch with the dealer. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Sep 4, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #5,681 of 7,998
Talked with Amazon customer support, and I have initiated a return process directly with Amazon which was super easy. Guess it's back to the IE80s (had them for years never a single issue) for me, at least for now. Thanks for all the info guys. But damn miss the IE800 sound already, IE80s are not even close...

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #5,682 of 7,998
Hello friends, I am planning to make a big financiar effort to buy myself the ie800. It will be from an official retailer, but I suspect they don't have the latest serial no in stock, not many buy that here. My question is since what serial numbers things have changed with cable problems? How low can the serial no be to keep it relatively safe? I also have a pair of HD800, very early serials and.. very aggressive spike in freq. Is the ie800 serial on the box to check it from outside? Thank you, I did my reading but I am still not clarified with it..

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #5,683 of 7,998
Hello friends, I am planning to make a big financiar effort to buy myself the ie800. It will be from an official retailer, but I suspect they don't have the latest serial no in stock, not many buy that here. My question is since what serial numbers things have changed with cable problems? How low can the serial no be to keep it relatively safe? I also have a pair of HD800, very early serials and.. very aggressive spike in freq. Is the ie800 serial on the box to check it from outside? Thank you, I did my reading but I am still not clarified with it..

I am not sure what is a safe number with regard to cable problems. FWIW, I bought mine directly from Sennheiser showroom in July 2016. Serial number on the wallet is 37xxx. I am assuming that my IE800 should be fresh stock as it was backordered and I collected a couple of weeks later. My cables are fine so far with light usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back