Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Mar 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #4,846 of 7,998

Because he's too proud to admit he was stupid enough to buy a fake?  
biggrin.gif

no he knew they were fake and he is praising them which is really strange and owns few high end iems

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #4,847 of 7,998
  no he knew they were fake and he is praising them which is really strange and owns few high end iems

Actually, about ie800 fakes, some lot of pages ago, someone bought a fake set from ebay, and already had an original set of ie800. Differences were smaller than you might think. I think that whoever makes the fakes just nailed this one, maybe they used the same ceramic, same diffusor, same driver mechanism, and they reverse-engineered it. 

I understood that fakes were still fakes, and they did sound a bit off, but way less than fakes of other brands. 

On another way of thoughts, this makes fakes ever worse, because, they could just open a company of their own, like Dunu, or other small Chinese companies, and not steal Ie800, but create an IEM. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #4,849 of 7,998

Fake ie800 drivers have absolutely different diffusor, materials, geometry, so on

This is fun to know. 

I thought that they would manage to obtain a similar sound by copying the other factors too. 

Then, the people creating the fakes are even worse for what they do. It is counter-productive for them,  because they could had made something memorable and great, and yet, they try to steal customers from someone else, instead of creating their own business. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #4,853 of 7,998
I'm quite sorry to hear that.  If it weren't for the fact that you're QUITE far away, I'd almost offer to loan you mine until your issue was remedied.  I've only had to deal with returning and waiting on a damaged IEM that was ordered.  So not nearly the loss of a dear friend like you, just a long wait to try out something new.

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #4,854 of 7,998
  I'm quite sorry to hear that.  If it weren't for the fact that you're QUITE far away, I'd almost offer to loan you mine until your issue was remedied.  I've only had to deal with returning and waiting on a damaged IEM that was ordered.  So not nearly the loss of a dear friend like you, just a long wait to try out something new.

It is ok. In Romania, it is almost impossible to get something from outside, or send something and for it to arrive in good time. So, I just hope that they will let me confirm with their official dealer the problem, as it is easy to hear, and have it changed there, because goign through another 2 months without ie800 is bothersome. Not to mention, that my other headphone, Ultrasone dj one pro, is not even close. I mean, even with this distortion, ie800 still sounds worlds better. Thanks for the kind word, though!

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #4,855 of 7,998

It is ok. In Romania, it is almost impossible to get something from outside, or send something and for it to arrive in good time. So, I just hope that they will let me confirm with their official dealer the problem, as it is easy to hear, and have it changed there, because goign through another 2 months without ie800 is bothersome. Not to mention, that my other headphone, Ultrasone dj one pro, is not even close. I mean, even with this distortion, ie800 still sounds worlds better. Thanks for the kind word, though!

It seems that the problem aggravates with higher volumes. Like the driver is displaced or something. Or just not glued enough. If they changed only the cables on my pair, and just slapped it into another box, the dude who soldered the driver and glued it back did a poor job and it vibrates with low frequencies and high volumes. 

I highly doubt that this will solve by itself
biggrin.gif

Well, I'm sure you've already considered this, but what you described sounds very similar to my initial reaction to the IE800.

My right earbud would buzz on certain songs with particularly low frequencies. And this is something that I didn't start noticing until after a few weeks of use.

I had been using the largest round silicon tips that came with the IE800, and the seal seemed good. After much fiddling and futzing, once I switched to the largest oval tips, the issue went away.

I can only assume there was just a little, tiny weak spot in the seal between the large round tip and my ear. Which, once a high enough pressure was reached, would breach the seal and cause the buzzing.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #4,858 of 7,998

I would contact the seller if that happened to me and see what could be worked out.

The seller and I are in contact. He is being very understanding. I'm not worried about that. I believe he will refund my money if we cannot work this out. I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this issue?

Just a follow up. I sent the IE800s back tot he seller and her refunding my money. I think he had his son add some glue tot he driver and sealed them, but I don't know. Seems like IEMs might be too personal to buy used, unless from a person you know. Lesson learned

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #4,859 of 7,998
  Well, I'm sure you've already considered this, but what you described sounds very similar to my initial reaction to the IE800.

My right earbud would buzz on certain songs with particularly low frequencies. And this is something that I didn't start noticing until after a few weeks of use.

I had been using the largest round silicon tips that came with the IE800, and the seal seemed good. After much fiddling and futzing, once I switched to the largest oval tips, the issue went away.

I can only assume there was just a little, tiny weak spot in the seal between the large round tip and my ear. Which, once a high enough pressure was reached, would breach the seal and cause the buzzing.

Yeah, there was an accident at some point. 

No DHL Express, EMS, FedEx Priority?

Anyway, sux to hear that you got awfully used and damaged IE 800s back instead of a new or refurbished pair.

DHL, and others exist, but prices are about 10 times the price you pay in any other country, and they work one quarter speed. So, they exist, but are very very poor. Sending something can get lost, because no company really takes care of packages. Only if you are a business, then you have everything done for you, but for a normal person, you either pay a LOT, or not send anything at all. I had ie800 sent from their official dealer in Romania. 

I don't pity him too much.He's in the country with the most beautiful women in the world(apart from Poland),i think he'll manage somehow.

I think these are different things. Besides, I am a married man 
biggrin.gif

Just a follow up. I sent the IE800s back tot he seller and her refunding my money. I think he had his son add some glue tot he driver and sealed them, but I don't know. Seems like IEMs might be too personal to buy used, unless from a person you know. Lesson learned

It is totally worth for the sound ie800 has. Every little bit of pain in getting one and getting it repaired. The sound is unbelievable 
eek.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #4,860 of 7,998

It seems that the problem aggravates with higher volumes. Like the driver is displaced or something. Or just not glued enough. If they changed only the cables on my pair, and just slapped it into another box, the dude who soldered the driver and glued it back did a poor job and it vibrates with low frequencies and high volumes. 

I highly doubt that this will solve by itself:D .

When you say you sent them to Sennheiser, to the company itself or to a third party, let's say dealer? I cannot believe that Sennheiser would send you something like you received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back