Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 28, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #4,576 of 7,998
  There aren't that many daps that can offer technically better SQ than ZX2 other than Hm901s,Paw Gold,Ak380,Qp1r(toss up).Then there is the matter of synergy with some of these daps because of unique sig of ie800,for example Marcus over at Headfonics thought that the ie800 sounded big and spacious through Lotoo Gold but the treble was hot.Speculating here but i believe the single best dap would be HM901s with balanced cable for ie800 without stacking.Otherwise just get chord mojo and be done with it.

Of course, there is also Fiio DAPs, which are cheap and great, and X7 will support balanced out. 

And Chord Hugo, which should be the ultimate portable solution, though it is way pricey. 

Zx2 seems awesome though, so I do not dismiss it as the ultimate dap, only that even if it might not be the case with IEMs, I would always want to have more power on hand (ZX2 has only 15mw if memory serves me well). Though I did read that it sounds pretty sweet!

Dec 28, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #4,577 of 7,998
  Of course, there is also Fiio DAPs, which are cheap and great, and X7 will support balanced out. 

And Chord Hugo, which should be the ultimate portable solution, though it is way pricey. 

Zx2 seems awesome though, so I do not dismiss it as the ultimate dap, only that even if it might not be the case with IEMs, I would always want to have more power on hand (ZX2 has only 15mw if memory serves me well). Though I did read that it sounds pretty sweet!

The X7 would be a good match for ie800 but not as an upgrade for ZX2.Here is a quick impression http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/9600#post_12193155

For Conext i think it would be better to go for mojo as i will be doing eventually since the whole recabling the ie800 and going for trrs for ZX2 may be more trouble and fuss than is worth,since it's not true balanced connection.

Dec 28, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #4,578 of 7,998
  The X7 would be a good match for ie800 but not as an upgrade for ZX2.Here is a quick impression http://www.head-fi.org/t/742609/sony-nw-zx2-hi-end-dap/9600#post_12193155

For Conext i think it would be better to go for mojo as i will be doing eventually since the whole recabling the ie800 and going for trrs for ZX2 may be more trouble and fuss than is worth,since it's not true balanced connection.

About X7, it has other possible AMP modules, so it should not be a problem if a single module is not for everybody, plus it has a true balanced module coming for it.

I agree about mojo, it probably is the best solution, if you are going to get one anyways
biggrin.gif
. I forgot if Zx2 has a coaux out?

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #4,580 of 7,998
  No,propriety usb connection.

Then.. I mean mojo was a very good option... 

Nevermind that, I am really curious of hearing a Zx2 now, because X7 is amazing, and Zx2 is the only dap that I am kinda curious in but cannot listen. (hifiman - the store selling them at the moment declined my request to listen, AK is too expensive either way, it would be cheaper to get a Hugo any day, and lotto paw or N6 seem like gread DAPs, but no trace of anyone in Romania getting one, I get a feeling that they are a rarity in Europe)

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #4,581 of 7,998
  Then.. I mean mojo was a very good option... 

Nevermind that, I am really curious of hearing a Zx2 now, because X7 is amazing, and Zx2 is the only dap that I am kinda curious in but cannot listen. (hifiman - the store selling them at the moment declined my request to listen, AK is too expensive either way, it would be cheaper to get a Hugo any day, and lotto paw or N6 seem like gread DAPs, but no trace of anyone in Romania getting one, I get a feeling that they are a rarity in Europe)

We said before no buying european sony PERIOD!They are vol capped by 20-30% in comparison to Japan/Us version to comply with eula.My eu ZX2 cannot drive ie800 in contrast to jap unless we do some tricks like turning all eq up.

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #4,582 of 7,998
I can say the mojo and ie800 is a killer portable combo

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #4,584 of 7,998
I can say the mojo and ie800 is a killer portable combo

I'd love to pull the trigger on a Chord Mojo, but can't justify the price. Even the IE800s had me thinking I was crazy....

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #4,585 of 7,998
Yeah...  that Mojo looks spectacular, but I'd have a hard time convincing myself to get it.  Maybe one night I'll break down and pick it up.

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #4,588 of 7,998
Yeah, it is quite expensive. I was jumping from ha 2. But hearing that it compared with host end dap like the AK 240 and it's pretty much 90 of hugo, I thought I will get it and stop for years to come.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #4,589 of 7,998
Yeah, it is quite expensive. I was jumping from ha 2. But hearing that it compared with host end dap like the AK 240 and it's pretty much 90 of hugo, I thought I will get it and stop for years to come.

That's what we all tell ourselves (the stopping for a few years) but it really never stops.  

Dec 30, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #4,590 of 7,998
That's what we all tell ourselves (the stopping for a few years) but it really never stops.  

Can be tough :)

That's why I didn't say end game as well. But I think I can hold off on portable for at least a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back