Sennheiser IE80 or Atomic Floyd Superdarts
Aug 1, 2012 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Vastial

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

After the recent theft of my TF10's I'm currently on the lookout for my next pair of IEM's, I found the TF's were a little uncomfortable, even with the comply tips and their analytical nature made long periods of listening quite tiring, I am therefore seeking a more "fun" sound rather than honest and true reproduction. 

I've had my eye on the IE80's for a while now, with the main drawbacks being the lack of control functions (I listen to most of my music on the move or during exercise) and having to reach for my player each time is a bit of a pain, however I appreciate from the many reviews I have read on here and other sites that their performance is nothing less than stellar.

I have also recently been looking at Atomic Floyds most recent offering in the Superdarts, apparently they are a fun and vibrant pair of IEM's with emphasis on bass and treble but less so on vocal, they also include a remote and IMO are very nicely styled. 

I have the option to buy either of these IEM's at the SAME PRICE, which makes the choice a bit more difficult.

I mainly listen to heavy metal, DnB, electronica and artists like Two Steps from Hell and Intermediate who produce sweeping orchestral scores, a lot of my music is bass heavy.

Your thoughts are really appreciated!

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 8
I don't have the ie80 but do have te ie8 and the superdarts.

Out of the 2 I would probably go for the Sennheisers. They offer an all round better sound than the superdarts, don't get me wrong the superdarts are a nice fun earphone but to me not in the same league. I got mine half price and would have been a bit disappointed if I had paid full price.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #3 of 8
This would be so much easier if they had released the IE80i! But your input is valuable..if the Superdarts can't compete with the IE8's realistically how could they compete with the new 80's?....interesting. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
This would be so much easier if they had released the IE80i! But your input is valuable..if the Superdarts can't compete with the IE8's realistically how could they compete with the new 80's?....interesting. 

Well I don't have the Superdarts but apparently the IE8i cable will work with the IE80, so if you don't mind shelling out a tad more for the extra cable that will do.

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Well that certainly clears things up! do you know where I would be able to purchase the cable/remote? Had a quick look and cant seem to source any.

For instance the only place I know which got them in stock is Custom Cable UK:
http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-replacement-lead-for-ie8i-1.2-metre-inc-mic.html

Or you can try looking up on eBay. Probably much more reassuring than getting a fresh pair of IE8/IE80
wink.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #7 of 8
Just wanted to say thanks! Got my IE80's today and after a few hours of burn in they DECIMATE the Triple-Fi's...the sound is so much wider and fun, the bass is also fantastic as are the lows!

Cheers! 

Aug 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Just wanted to say thanks! Got my IE80's today and after a few hours of burn in they DECIMATE the Triple-Fi's...the sound is so much wider and fun, the bass is also fantastic as are the lows!

Cheers! 

I hear it that way as well. Congratulations and to many hours of musical bliss...

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back