Sennheiser IE8 vs Sennheiser IE8i
Nov 24, 2011 at 8:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

beaver316

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all, this is my first post in this forum so go easy on me k? :)

Anyway i recently bought a pair of Sennheiser IE8ear phones and totally loved them, that is when they worked correctly. I found that out of the box, the headphone jack that connects to the 3.5 mm port of my music player was damaged. Music would sometimes seem really hollow, or certain tracks of the audio i was listening to weren't playing at all. I soon discovered it was the jack. Moving it around seemed to temporarily fix it, so there must be a connection problem. I was pretty devastated with this. Sennheiser are known for the tank headphones, but i guess i just got unlucky.

I bought them from Amazon and looking at their return policy, they only give refunds, not replacements (amazon uk btw). So i sent them back and am awaiting my refund. However, i recently stumbled upon the IE8i online, and after plenty of google searches i cant for the life of me figure out if it's worth getting these over the IE8. 

I read that the IE8i has a thinner and darker cable. Would this at all contribute to any differences in sound quality? is there a difference in sound quality at all? Or is it just the volume controls that pose the difference in these headphones? I found a deal where i can get the IE8i for the same price as the IE8 so im trying to figure if it's worth getting them.

Looking forward to your responses!

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #2 of 3
Identical sound. I would not take the IE8i over IE8s unless you absolutely need the mic as like you said, the cable doesn't appear to be as firm and with the added mic also comes with another place where connections issues can occur

Nov 24, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #3 of 3
I don't need the mic at all. I think i'll be going for the IE8 then, although i find it ironic that the reason im going for it is for better cable quality when the whole reason i find myself in this situation is because my IE8's cable broke :p

Anyway thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back